New Nintendo President Appointed

Nintendo_TatsumiKimishima.jpg

A replacement for the late Satoru Iwata has been named by Nintendo. His replacement will be former head of human resources 65 year old Tatsumi Kimishima, who also held the title of former head of North American Operations. His other roles in the company include former Pokemon Company Chief Financial Officer and former president of Pokemon USA. Kimishima has also been credited in several Nintendo games including several Mario Party titles, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Metroid Prime.

:arrow: Tatsumi Kimishima Wikipedia Profile

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who talked about Call of Duty and Halo?
I'm talking about:
Account System
A propper online
Chat, both in text and audio
No Demo limit
Achievements
and everything Sony and MS do but Nintendon't because they live in the 90s
Well Nintendo is a bit cheep and that's a problem. For a billion dollar company they shouldn't be that cheep. That least to limited system power and
Who talked about Call of Duty and Halo?
I'm talking about:
Account System
A propper online
Chat, both in text and audio
No Demo limit
Achievements
and everything Sony and MS do but Nintendon't because they live in the 90s
Well Nintendo is a bit cheep and that's a problem. For a billion dollar company they shouldn't be that cheep. That least to limited system power and specs. One other thing is they keep making there system ls kid oriented. They boast of rated m title but don't get much.
But all and all I grew up with them and am still with them good or bad.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No I mean they need more adult games. Like when a big game hits the market (fallout 4 for example) only ps4,pc and xbox get them. They exclude the wiiu. And Activision wants nothing to do with Nintendo they said.

They exclude WiiU because it's weak as fuck. Porting a game to such platform would be just as troublesome as porting it to PS3 and X360.
Also, WiiU has a little user-base, not enough to justify porting a game to it, specially when most third party games don't sell well on it.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They exclude WiiU because it's weak as fuck. Porting a game to such platform would be just as troublesome as porting it to PS3 and X360.
Also, WiiU has a little user-base, not enough to justify porting a game to it, specially when most third party games don't sell well on it.
Im not not even going going to go into details on how vaguely incorrect that statement is.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not not even going going to go into details on how vaguely incorrect that statement is.

Blinded fanboy alert!

1) Wii U is weak as fuck. Compare its specs to the competition. It shouldn't be rocket science to see that.
2) Wii U has 10 million users. Compare that to the competition, whose previous gen + current gen combined is close to, or more than 100 million. It ain't worth porting a game to a console with 10 million users. It is however, worth porting to consoles that have combined numbers into Wii levels of sales.

3) These two facts combined is why third party games don't sell well.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blinded fanboy alert!

1) Wii U is weak as fuck. Compare its specs to the competition. It shouldn't be rocket science to see that.
2) Wii U has 10 million users. Compare that to the competition, whose previous gen + current gen combined is close to, or more than 100 million. It ain't worth porting a game to a console with 10 million users. It is however, worth porting to consoles that have combined numbers into Wii levels of sales.

3) These two facts combined is why third party games don't sell well.

speaking of science The wiiU specs are actually somewhere comparable to the xbone/P$4 (Other then the GPU)
But nintendo downclocked The CPU To make lower cost and to keep the system cool and quiet.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
speaking of science The wiiU specs are actually somewhere comparable to the xbone/P$4 (Other then the GPU)
But nintendo downclocked The CPU To make lower cost and to keep the system cool and quiet.

WiiU has a tri-core Power PC CPU, while PS4 has a jaguar 8-core x86-64.
WiiU has 2GB while 1 is dedicated to the OS, while PS4 has 8GB of RAM GDDR5
WiiU GPU has 0.35 TFLOPs while PS4's has 1.85 TFLOPs.

Conclusion, WiiU is nowhere near the power of a next-gen console, to say the truth, it's closer to a PS3 than a PS4.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh ?
WiiU has a tri-core Power PC CPU, while PS4 has a jaguar 8-core x86-64.
WiiU has 2GB while 1 is dedicated to the OS, while PS4 has 8GB of RAM GDDR5
WiiU GPU has 0.35 TFLOPs while PS4's has 1.85 TFLOPs.

Conclusion, WiiU is nowhere near the power of a next-gen console, to say the truth, it's closer to a PS3 than a PS4.
xdarkmario: owned.

Nintendo pretended it wanted to appeal to hard core gamers with the WiiU, but didn't spend the money on the proper hardware.

PS4 costs $381
Xbox One amounts to $471
Wii U Basic Set costs $228 [source] [source] + $79 Game Pad = $307

I think it has been discussed before that the PowerPC architecture Nintendo uses is different than the other consoles and that makes it alot of work for game makers to port to the WiiU (NOTE: feel free to correct my memory).

Reactions: VMM

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When they were developing the Wii U, or on its launch, the Wii U was competitive with the competition.
Now however, it's nowhere near their competition in terms of processing power.
It mostly has to do with their release schedule being out of sync with the other two...

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh ?
I think it has been discussed before that the PowerPC architecture Nintendo uses is different than the other consoles and that makes it alot of work for game makers to port to the WiiU (NOTE: feel free to correct my memory).

You're absolutely right, the WiiU uses a Power PC architecture while PS4 and X1 use a X86-64 architecture.
The x86-64 architecture is the same used on modern PCs, which makes it easier to port games from PC to PS4 and X1.
WiiU uses a architecture that makes it harder to port titles from PC and it's weaker, which makes more effort in adapting the 3D models and sprites to be lowering their qualities so WiiU becomes able to run the game. The effort into putting a modern game on WiiU is not much different than putting it on PS3 and X360.

Reactions: osirisjem

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the WiiU uses a Power PC architecture while PS4 and X1 use a X86-64 architecture.
The x86-64 architecture is the same used on modern PCs, which makes it easier to port games from PC to PS4 and X1.
I sure hope Nintendo NX switches to x86-64 !
I am sure they will
You never know with Nintendont

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I sure hope Nintendo NX switches to x86-64 !
I am sure they will
You never know with Nintendont

maybe they switch to Arm directly :P

Arm SoCs in modern smartphone support UE4 very nicely.
Plus Arm are rics x86-64 is cisc (risc rules :) )
Arm devices have more gaming support and developers due smartphones boom than x86-64 devices at today.
(easy porting, more documentation, more middlewares ecc)
Plus Arm is more power efficient than x86-64 (Nintendo cares a lot about that)
Plus Arm is already been used by Nintendo on 3ds and Wiiu and on gamepad itself.

late 2017 high end smartphones will have a graphic just less then a ps4 and this is in line with first NX rumours of NX being comparable to a ps4 (or just less) in terms of graphics.
being said that will be difficult for Sony and MS come early with PS5 and X2 and that 4k for ps4 will be not a big change in eyes of casual gamers.
If NX is a line of products and not only a home console they could release 2 or 3 NX devices untll next PS5 and then going battle on power with a proper home console x86-64 later
I would buy a NX in 2017 and a NX-advance in 2019 ...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

edit:
if you think they are doing that already with handhelds
gb->gbcolor
gba->gbasp
ds->dsi
3ds->n3ds
each time the "second version" get more different from "first version"
from mere technical improve to real adding features and hardware.
maybe another hint about them going digital and carts also for the home console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise