Hacking New Nintendo 3ds XL Black Screen

ProjectJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a New 3ds XL, when I try to start it, the blue light stays on, but nothing happens, the screens are black.
It seems as CFW is installed on it. Attached is a screenshot of whats in the SDcard.
Maybe I can upload the contents of the SDcard later.
EDIT: I cant hear sound when I boot it, also, backlight is off.
I cant boot into recovery mode or something else.

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    378 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by ProjectJoker,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if the n3DSXL actually still has B9S or A9LH custom firmware installed.

If it does not have custom firmware, rehack it with ntrboot.
If the n3DSXL is still softbricked after rehacking it, repair the 3DS firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.

Reactions: E1ite007 and Lacius

ProjectJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Should iI systemupdate before or after it or doesnt it matter?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And: In my 3ds and cia folders are lots of files. does it matter if i delete them?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should iI systemupdate before or after it or doesnt it matter?
Replace or update the homebrew apps first. System update last.

Most of the time, the order does not matter. The only exception is when someone has Luma3DS v9.0 or older.
And: In my 3ds and cia folders are lots of files. does it matter if i delete them?
You keep homebrew apps that you like or find useful. This is something you'll have to figure out on your own.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

ProjectJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So now im in the Download-Play software, but when I attempt to start Rosalina, nothing happens. Anything I might have forgotten?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ProjectJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, pressing L+Down+Select did nothing for me. I´m using version 10.1.3 of Luma if it matters. He says you can also install it with FBI?
FBI works just like normal when I open it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, pressing L+Down+Select did nothing for me. I´m using version 10.1.3 of Luma if it matters. He says you can also install it with FBI?
The default combo for Rosalina menu is { (L)-shoulder + (DOWN) d-pad + (SELECT) }. If one of those buttons is no longer functional [typically the (L)-shoulder], you can temporarily reassign the combo using CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Remap Rosalina combo. Likewise, there's also the cheater option of using Inject HBL to Camera. This is until you learn how to manually inject homebrew launcher.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1