Hardware new Nintendo 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land IPS Variance

DoomsdayinjunJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YW7010 is dual ips. YW7011 is dual ips. YW7013 is dual tn, also I have one with TN upper and IPS lower. All were purchased from various Walmarts except for the dual TN YW7013 which came from Target. I have two of each so go hunting at Walmart and skip Target.

frankcassidy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Received mine today (YW7012), this is my first 3DS so I'm not sure and got no other models to compare it to.
What do you guys think?

photo 2 (1).JPG photo 3 (1).JPG photo 4.JPG photo 2 (2).JPG photo 3 (2).JPG photo 1 (2).JPG

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like YW7010, YW7011, and some YW7012s are dual IPS screens? Everything after that is dual TN?

I went to Target today, and they had like 8 in stock. Awesome, right? All of them were YW7017s and YW7018s. I think I saw a YW7015 as well. I didn't want to risk getting a dual TN. I already have the Animal Crossing one with dual TN. Nevermind the dual TN, but the top screen's color is more warm compared to the cool bottom screen, which sucks.

Anyway, I'm in the USA. So Target and Walmart are the only ones who have these?

Is this going to be a limited bundle like the Pokemon Red/Blue version? Or will they be making more and restocking?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks! by the way I don't think in a restock of this version, but in the 2017 maybe a version of Mario maker or pikmin will come.

DashBlacK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
where can i find out if my 3ds is YW7013?

Serial on the box or under the top faceplate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can't believe I missed this thread. here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-3ds-top-screen-distortion-ips.439505/

can anyone with IPS screens confirm this? I've come across 3 YW7011 units that presented this issue, black blotches at the bottom of the top screen. they're barely noticeable unless you're at minimum brightness on the system settings yellow screen.

It may be that specific batch of 7011s. I have 2 of them, and they don't seem to have that issue at all.

DashBlacK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a question, if a person has never had two separate systems to tell the difference, how would one know if they are using IPS or not?

The colours wash out pretty distinctively on the TN consoles. Text should be unreadable on the bottom console. 7010 and 7011 have confirmed dual IPS. 7012 has dual IPS, top IPS only, bottom IPS only and dual TN. Everything 7012+ is dual TN.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The colours wash out pretty distinctively on the TN consoles. Text should be unreadable on the bottom console. 7010 and 7011 have confirmed dual IPS. 7012 has dual IPS, top IPS only, bottom IPS only and dual TN. Everything 7012+ is dual TN.
Okay, is that the only clue? "Unreadable text and Washed out colors?"

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be that specific batch of 7011s. I have 2 of them, and they don't seem to have that issue at all.

would you mind taking a picture? preferably under no light, with brightness set to 1 and in the system settings.

and what's your 7011 batch? the rest of the serial? like I said in the other thread, the ones I checked were in the 10s, 90s and 500s. is yours higher than that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1