Hardware new Nintendo 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land IPS Variance

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went to three Targets in my area that have them in stock. I checked a total of 13. All of them were 7017s or 7018s. Not one 7010, 11, or 12.

So it looks like the 7010 and 11s were sent only with the first batch. The ones restocking now will all be 17s and 18s?

I went to Walmarts as well and didn't see any there at all. Only New 3DS XLs.

I'm tempted to go to a Target that's 20 miles out.

Last edited by sp957,

Yourstrulyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to fan the flames but I previously said I wasn't salty about getting a 7017 but it does make a difference. DEPENDING on how you play. I originally got the 7017 with top and bottom TNs. It's just fine for solo play. But if you do modding, streaming(ntr), or ever need to share a screen. Definitely go for the IPS 7010-7012s.

I got a 7011 and although it costs a bit more from, i think i'll keep the 7011. I play on my lap sometimes and do a bit of modding and with the 7017 I can't read the screen at times.

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. My N3DSXL has IPS top screen and tn bottom. I don't like it. I'd of course rather have both IPS but the fact that they're two different types is kind of... ugly? And noticeable.

Reactions: sp957

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know if a Target restocks these, is there a chance for YM7010-7012 being added to their supply?

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So none of the Targets had them. But I went to a Wal Mart and they finally got them in. And had a few YM7011s.

Compared to my old Animal Crossing 3DS, this dual IPS 3DS has a better screen, but the build quality on my Animal Crossing 3DS feels more sturdy and well made. The hinges keep the screen from wobbling while the dual IPS 3DS actually has weaker hinges that old the screen as well. And the dual IPS 3DS's bottom screen light goes through the housing a little bit on the left hand side, which can be a little annoying.

On one of the YM7011s, the very bottom part of the top screen had some of those dark spots. The one I am using right now, not so much.

So while the YM7011 has nice dual IPS screens, it isn't perfect if you are picky like me. I would've liked better hinges and thicker housing to prevent light going through.

DashBlacK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The hinges are random though. I have a 7011 with the quiet sturdy hinges and a 7011 with the loud clacking wobbly hinges.

leathco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I got lucky on mine. I didn't even know screens were an issue. Got mine in Wal-Mart in vincennes Indiana, yw 7011. Only issue is there's some backlight breakthrough on the bottom screen when its black, but that I can live with for the tradeoff of improved text readability.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YW7012 is lottery, anything YW7012+ is confirmed dual TN.

And at this point even finding one is a lottery, at least anywhere near me. I bought the last one available anywhere (AFAIK, after searching) within 100 miles of me in any direction last weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too