Hacking New Nintendo 3DS Australia = PAL?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes it does. The DVDs are PAL (R4).

By the way, Nintendo for fuck sakes rename the "New 3DS" as the Super 3DS!

DVD= Designed to work with analogue systems.

Old consoles= Analogue output. PAL/NTSC terms are valid here.
Today's consoles= Digital output (plus analogue output in some cases). PAL/NTSC terms may be valid here.
Handhelds= Doesn't use a video output (to TV) at all. Broadcasting standards do not apply here.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Why import and potentially get into warranty troubles down the road when there literally is no support for the added features until sometime next year?
Cause smealum alreday posted on twitter, that ssspwn will be quit likely patched at EU release. I dont want to miss cool things on the new device.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he said he has no plans to wait for US/EU release dates, so you can be fairly sure nintendo will have the exploit patched before it reaches either region

Wouldn't Nintendo be mass producing the New 3DS right now for all regions? How can they block the exploit when it hasn't been released yet?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Wouldn't Nintendo be mass producing the New 3DS right now for all regions? How can they block the exploit when it hasn't been released yet?
Dont know, how long before they start producing their consoles. But its possible that they produce the EU New Nintendo 3DS with a higher firmware on it.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
How does smealum knows his exploit is going to be fixed on PAL AUS New 3DSes while the New 3DS isn't even out in Japan? (No offence but I want to see that tweet)
How does Nintendo knows which exploit to fix while it's not even published by smealum?
Are crystal balls involved?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does smealum knows his exploit is going to be fixed on PAL AUS New 3DSes while the New 3DS isn't even out in Japan? (No offence but I want to see that tweet)
How does Nintendo knows which exploit to fix while it's not even published by smealum?
Are crystal balls involved?

There was probably just enough information about how the exploit works, and what is required to run it for Nintendo to have found it internally. I'd say it's 50/50 whether it will work or not, based on absolutely nothing.

The firmware is what would block the exploit, and for all we know, Nintendo might not install firmware on the production N3ds until a week or two before launch.

Taigerr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a little confused. Will Smea release this for JAP N3DS only or will he release also for AUS 3DS too?
Also how will Smeas release affect the Gateway Carts on N3DS?

I'm new so just asking....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I am a little confused. Will Smea release this for JAP N3DS only or will he release also for AUS 3DS too?
Also how will Smeas release affect the Gateway Carts on N3DS?

I'm new so just asking....
if it works on the AUS console, he will probably release a version for that too,
i regards to gateway, smeas works has nothing at all to do with the gateway card, that is restricted to 4.x consoles as always.....the new 3ds will not be a 4.x console

Taigerr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it works on the AUS console, he will probably release a version for that too,
i regards to gateway, smeas works has nothing at all to do with the gateway card, that is restricted to 4.x consoles as always.....the new 3ds will not be a 4.x console

Thanks
Will Smeas exploit allow for me to have english options in a Japanese N3DS menus.... and before you say it I already feel like a dunce asking what will appear to others as such obvious questions.
I have a Japanese console reserved but I am considering getting the Australian version

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks
Will Smeas exploit allow for me to have english options in a Japanese N3DS menus.... and before you say it I already feel like a dunce asking what will appear to others as such obvious questions.
I have a Japanese console reserved but I am considering getting the Australian version
no smealums exploit is usermode only, no mods to the system will be possible, and im pretty sure Japanese consoles only allow the Japanese language options

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
By the way, Nintendo for fuck sakes rename the "New 3DS" as the Super 3DS!
I'm glad that someone agrees with me, Super 3DS is a hundred times better name. The "New 3DS" won't always be "new" and the name itself is very confusing, for instance in the context above. Whoever works in the "names department" in Nintendo needs to fired, if not banished.

Reactions: T Link7 and pelago

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Not sure i can post links but have PM'd you

Oh come on post it. It's a website to buy from? There's no harm.

I'm tempted to buy a Super 3DS.

I bought a 2DS but won't ever do that again, sure it's a cool collectible and tablet-ish but the normal design of the DS' systems are better overall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь