New Nintendo 3DS Australia = PAL?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pLaYeR^^, Sep 29, 2014.

1. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Can i play PAL games on the australia New Nintendo 3DS and change the language to german? Cause smealum posted on twitter that the coming exploit will be patched on EU/American New Nintendo 3DS.

2. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    No, PAL is a broadcasting standard for analogue television.

If you are asking if the Australian 3DS is the same as the European 3DS, then yes.

3. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    So can i change the language to german?

4. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I don't know. Can you change the language to German on an European 3DS?

5. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Yeah i can. Hopefully it will be possible on New Nintendo 3DS Australia. I want the exploit on it and language german.

6. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    oh you want and exploit too, not just German.

and i want 51% share of Nintendo.. so does mean i will get that?

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I believe Australian 3DS'es are compatible with European software, but I'm not sure if you can select German as a language. If Australian 3DS'es (AUS) run the same firmware as European ones (EUR) then you should be in the clear, if not, you might have to import.

8. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    They are the same. If you have an European 3DS, you can try to change your region to Australia.

9. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    why exactly do you think the exploit would not be patched on the australian new3ds?

Foxi4 likes this.
  10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I just realized that he means the *New 3DS XL*, not a *3DS XL* that's new. Dammit Nintendo, I'm a seasoned gamer and your console names just confused me. Step your goddamn game up - people complained about the name "Wii U" but now you're just f*cking teasing people.

No, the New 3DS is unlikely to be compatible with standard 3DS exploits unless the firmware has the exact same security hole as the old 3DS, and even if it does, the exploit will require re-working anyways because of hardware differences.

11. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    if smealum twittered, that it will be fixxed, then it will be fixxed for AUS consoles, too, because AUS consoles ARE EU consoles

Skelletonike likes this.
  12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Let's start from the fact that smealum's exploit (in its current form) doesn't allow running backups anyways, so even if the hole will still be there, it won't do what the OP wants it to do. ssspwn is strictly for Homebrew use, it will not run ROM's, European or other, at least until someone figures out how to elevate from userland to kernel access (if that's even possible in ssspwn).

Skelletonike likes this.
  13. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    GorTesK :You dont understand what i mean. The AU New Nintendo 3DS release before the EU New Nintendo 3DS. So it is possible that the exploit get patched before the EU New Nintendo 3DS release(E.g. higher firmware on it). Smealum wont wait for the EU release, so Nintendo will have much time to patch with new firmware.

14. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    you keep talking about australia release, yet your country flag shows austria, you do realize, those are two different countries, right? maybe you should first figure out, where you live before you keep going with this argument

15. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria and EU New Nintendo 3DS are both the same region code, so all games will work on the australia New Nintendo 3DS too. The last open question is, if i can change the language on the australia New Nintendo 3DS to german. Its possible that the EU New Nintendo 3DS will release with a higher firmware than the australia New Nintendo 3DS. You understand?

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I think he wants to import the system, which is why he's asking if he could change the language settings.

pelago likes this.
  17. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Right.

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You won't be able to play ROM's anyways, I just want you to be aware of that.

19. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    I know. Just hope for cool homebrews on the new device.

20. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    In that case, you should probably wait until the exploit is confirmed working on the new system.

Skelletonike likes this.