New Nintendo 3DS and Flashcarts

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chuckz, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Chuckz
    OP

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Hey Whats up Everyone,

This is one of my first and only posts on this thread, I have been following mostly the homebrew and flashcart threads and other different topics and discussions and am a huge fan of the mobile gaming as well as emulation and hacking.

So, I recently purchased a New Nintendo 3DS along with OMEGA Ruby and also purchased a 3DS Flash cart to play some back ups of a variety of titles. The flash cart that I purchased is the R4I Gold and I loaded it up with the latest Wood Firmware. I have been trying to search all over the Internet left and right for the best source (website or forum) that has a good community of people that show support to Flashcarts and Homebrew apps for the 3DS handheld.

I really enjoy mobile gamino and play a lot of Emulators on my Samsung Note including GBA, SNES and so on. I'm a big enthusiast for classic gaming and emulators.

Sorry for dragging on. My question, I am trying to find the best Flashcart that has the best support and quality for emulating on the New 3ds. I have tried finding websites that claim they sell the DSTWO but I year that production has stopped for this product. I am looking for a good flashcart because the one that I currently own does not have good emulators that are stable to enjoy.

Please keep in mind that I do own an R4I Gold card so if there is a possibility to do it with that product as well I would love to hear the possibilities.

Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing back your responses!

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    PSP.
    Good emulation on 3DS is non existant.

PS: Also the flashcards you describe are DS mode flashcards, they will work on DS mode, and your 3DS will not use its full power for homebrew/emulation.

3. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Im coming out with the WAH!3DS.

Its coming out soon. Its like QQ3DS, but with a purple light and the Waluigi WAH! sound when you wait for a game to pop up. It supports 9.6...We are working on Emunand for it right now....

4. jaku

jaku GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2014
    United States

SOON :)

5. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    If your N3DS is over 9.2 you're out of luck outside of DS flash carts. And for those systems you want to emulate, the DSTWO is your only option (or 3DS homebrew, but that needs a copy of Cubic Ninja or a Gateway dart and 9.2 or below).

6. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Better yet, just tell us what firmware you're on. You have options. Go into your N3DS SYSTEM SETTINGS and when you're at the wrench tool screen, look in lower right corner on the top screen and tell us what numbers you see. Those are important.

7. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    If I remember correctly the R4i Gold is not a 3DS Flash card. It is a 3DS compatible NDS flash card. There is a difference.......

8. Osmosis

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Yup. And the DSTwo is still better. Why? Why I'll tell you of course...

NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/DS/SEGAyes?/ARCADE EMU/TOOLS/TOOLS/SKINNING/CHEATS/SAVES/SLO-MO

Omg... and there's even OPTIONS of which emulators you want to use. Makes the R41G look like... well... wood.

The problem is... I'm not sure if DSTwo still works on N3DS. I would assume it does... but you know what happens when I assume things.

Doesn't Gateway and NinjaHax also run EMUs for all these platforms? At least NinjaHax does... right? I mean, Gateway does DS games... I know that. Well, sort of.

As for DSTwo... well... looks like my card version is discontinued and they will be releasing the Supercard DS2+.

PROOF:
    http://www.modchipsdirect.com/supercard-ds2-ds-two-usa.html
    http://www.modchipcentral.com/store...o-w-free-usb-reader-and-usb-charge-cable.html

So yeah. Wait a little. Get the DSTwoPlus. You'll love it. Heck, I want one... can't wait.

Chuckz likes this.
  9. alin72

alin72 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    R4i gold and dstwo are for NDS games. You need Gateway or sky3ds or some other cards to play 3ds games.

10. Chuckz
    OP

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I am currently on Ver. 9.6.0-24U

I don't really need to emulate 3DS Titles, I am looking more for a way to play GBA games as well as SNES and other classic games. I mean I do have my Note Phone and I could download some ROMS and EMUs but I just bought this new handheld as well as an r4igold card and would like to really use this device to its full potential.

what is the best flash cart I could be using at the moment?

Also, is this the best community on the Internet that relates to 3DS and FlashCarts?

11. alin72

alin72 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Dstwo is the best but is hard to find. There are some communities in other language, with easier access to download roms. GBAtemp is the best English forum I've seen for flash carts.

12. Suthek

Suthek GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2015
    Canada
    EH, BC

Full potential? You don't want to use it for a 3DS media or to utilize the 3DS features that make it unique compared to something made 11 years ago. Just throwing that out there.

Chuckz and Nephiel like this.
  13. Chuckz
    OP

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    When is the DSTwo Plus going to become available?
    If it us available what is the most reliable source to purchase this flash card?

Like I said I'm just looking to emulate GBA as well as SNES games and not to mention save and continue saved games.

14. Osmosis

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Then get pumped for the DSTWO+ release. If you looked at the links you'd see they are discontinued because of new DSTWO+ stock coming in.

So best answer is...

[​IMG]

SOOOON!!!

15. Chuckz
    OP

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Would someone be able to list me the best sources on the Internet where I can find Homebrew for the r4i gold card. I'd like to checkout and download the best and latest homebrew to play on my N3DS.

Thanks Everyone.

16. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    Wasn't the DSTWO+ confirmed to be fake?

17. Osmosis

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Then someone might want to tell the distributors who are pulling their dstwo stock....

18. saketo123

saketo123 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2012
    United States
    Do you think that it will work with 9.9, and also will they work with fire emblem and animal crossing home designer

19. GardenAll

GardenAll Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Brazil
    Please correct me if I'm wrong... but if you have a Gateway 3DS you don't need a R4 to run DS games and emulators, right? It can run almost everything...

20. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    WAH!3DS will work with every game on every firmware and is regionfree, but who cares about all that, it makes the WAH! sound while you wait for the game to cycle.:lol:

GardenAll likes this.