Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Whats up Everyone,

This is one of my first and only posts on this thread, I have been following mostly the homebrew and flashcart threads and other different topics and discussions and am a huge fan of the mobile gaming as well as emulation and hacking.

So, I recently purchased a New Nintendo 3DS along with OMEGA Ruby and also purchased a 3DS Flash cart to play some back ups of a variety of titles. The flash cart that I purchased is the R4I Gold and I loaded it up with the latest Wood Firmware. I have been trying to search all over the Internet left and right for the best source (website or forum) that has a good community of people that show support to Flashcarts and Homebrew apps for the 3DS handheld.

I really enjoy mobile gamino and play a lot of Emulators on my Samsung Note including GBA, SNES and so on. I'm a big enthusiast for classic gaming and emulators.

Sorry for dragging on. My question, I am trying to find the best Flashcart that has the best support and quality for emulating on the New 3ds. I have tried finding websites that claim they sell the DSTWO but I year that production has stopped for this product. I am looking for a good flashcart because the one that I currently own does not have good emulators that are stable to enjoy.

Please keep in mind that I do own an R4I Gold card so if there is a possibility to do it with that product as well I would love to hear the possibilities.

Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing back your responses!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PSP.
Good emulation on 3DS is non existant.

PS: Also the flashcards you describe are DS mode flashcards, they will work on DS mode, and your 3DS will not use its full power for homebrew/emulation.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im coming out with the WAH!3DS.

Its coming out soon. Its like QQ3DS, but with a purple light and the Waluigi WAH! sound when you wait for a game to pop up. It supports 9.6...We are working on Emunand for it right now....

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its coming out soon. Its like QQ3DS, but with a purple light and the Waluigi WAH! sound when you wait for a game to pop up. It supports 9.6...We are working on Emunand for it right now....

SOON :)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your N3DS is over 9.2 you're out of luck outside of DS flash carts. And for those systems you want to emulate, the DSTWO is your only option (or 3DS homebrew, but that needs a copy of Cubic Ninja or a Gateway dart and 9.2 or below).

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blah blah blah blah...

blah blah... The flash cart that I purchased is the R4I Gold and I loaded it up with the latest Wood Firmware. blah blah blah...

blah blah... I'm a big enthusiast for classic gaming and emulators.

blah blah blah... DSTwo... blah blah blah... I am looking for a good flashcart because the one that I currently own does not have good emulators that are stable to enjoy.

Please keep in mind that I do own an R4I Gold card... blah blah blah...

Better yet, just tell us what firmware you're on. You have options. Go into your N3DS SYSTEM SETTINGS and when you're at the wrench tool screen, look in lower right corner on the top screen and tell us what numbers you see. Those are important.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
If I remember correctly the R4i Gold is not a 3DS Flash card. It is a 3DS compatible NDS flash card. There is a difference.......

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly the R4i Gold is not a 3DS Flash card. It is a 3DS compatible NDS flash card. There is a difference.......

Yup. And the DSTwo is still better. Why? Why I'll tell you of course...

NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/DS/SEGAyes?/ARCADE EMU/TOOLS/TOOLS/SKINNING/CHEATS/SAVES/SLO-MO

Omg... and there's even OPTIONS of which emulators you want to use. Makes the R41G look like... well... wood.

The problem is... I'm not sure if DSTwo still works on N3DS. I would assume it does... but you know what happens when I assume things.

Doesn't Gateway and NinjaHax also run EMUs for all these platforms? At least NinjaHax does... right? I mean, Gateway does DS games... I know that. Well, sort of.

As for DSTwo... well... looks like my card version is discontinued and they will be releasing the Supercard DS2+.

PROOF:
http://www.modchipsdirect.com/supercard-ds2-ds-two-usa.html
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store...o-w-free-usb-reader-and-usb-charge-cable.html

So yeah. Wait a little. Get the DSTwoPlus. You'll love it. Heck, I want one... can't wait.

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i gold and dstwo are for NDS games. You need Gateway or sky3ds or some other cards to play 3ds games.

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on Ver. 9.6.0-24U

I don't really need to emulate 3DS Titles, I am looking more for a way to play GBA games as well as SNES and other classic games. I mean I do have my Note Phone and I could download some ROMS and EMUs but I just bought this new handheld as well as an r4igold card and would like to really use this device to its full potential.

what is the best flash cart I could be using at the moment?

Also, is this the best community on the Internet that relates to 3DS and FlashCarts?

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on Ver. 9.6.0-24U

I don't really need to emulate 3DS Titles, I am looking more for a way to play GBA games as well as SNES and other classic games. I mean I do have my Note Phone and I could download some ROMS and EMUs but I just bought this new handheld as well as an r4igold card and would like to really use this device to its full potential.

what is the best flash cart I could be using at the moment?

Also, is this the best community on the Internet that relates to 3DS and FlashCarts?

Dstwo is the best but is hard to find. There are some communities in other language, with easier access to download roms. GBAtemp is the best English forum I've seen for flash carts.

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. And the DSTwo is still better. Why? Why I'll tell you of course...

NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/DS/SEGAyes?/ARCADE EMU/TOOLS/TOOLS/SKINNING/CHEATS/SAVES/SLO-MO

Omg... and there's even OPTIONS of which emulators you want to use. Makes the R41G look like... well... wood.

The problem is... I'm not sure if DSTwo still works on N3DS. I would assume it does... but you know what happens when I assume things.

Doesn't Gateway and NinjaHax also run EMUs for all these platforms? At least NinjaHax does... right? I mean, Gateway does DS games... I know that. Well, sort of.

As for DSTwo... well... looks like my card version is discontinued and they will be releasing the Supercard DS2+.

PROOF:
http://www.modchipsdirect.com/supercard-ds2-ds-two-usa.html
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store...o-w-free-usb-reader-and-usb-charge-cable.html

So yeah. Wait a little. Get the DSTwoPlus. You'll love it. Heck, I want one... can't wait.

When is the DSTwo Plus going to become available?
If it us available what is the most reliable source to purchase this flash card?

Like I said I'm just looking to emulate GBA as well as SNES games and not to mention save and continue saved games.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When is the DSTwo Plus going to become available?
If it us available what is the most reliable source to purchase this flash card?

Like I said I'm just looking to emulate GBA as well as SNES games and not to mention save and continue saved games.

Then get pumped for the DSTWO+ release. If you looked at the links you'd see they are discontinued because of new DSTWO+ stock coming in.

So best answer is...

Spoon+_e835e8f4317f2c320c918775ab432a26.jpg

SOOOON!!!

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone be able to list me the best sources on the Internet where I can find Homebrew for the r4i gold card. I'd like to checkout and download the best and latest homebrew to play on my N3DS.

Thanks Everyone.

saketo123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you think that it will work with 9.9, and also will they work with fire emblem and animal crossing home designer

GardenAll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
R4i gold and dstwo are for NDS games. You need Gateway or sky3ds or some other cards to play 3ds games.
Please correct me if I'm wrong... but if you have a Gateway 3DS you don't need a R4 to run DS games and emulators, right? It can run almost everything...

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think that it will work with 9.9, and also will they work with fire emblem and animal crossing home designer

WAH!3DS will work with every game on every firmware and is regionfree, but who cares about all that, it makes the WAH! sound while you wait for the game to cycle.:lol:

Reactions: GardenAll

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning