New Metroid: Other M gameplay trailer

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what? I always thought that Team Ninja was gonna fuck up Metroid.

NOW I FUCKING WANT IT.
hrth.gif

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm....Well honestly the game looks awesome if it has that fast motion gameplay with mixed in slow-mo like the trailer I imagine it will be epic. However what I don't like is the over all look of the game...I honestly think it could look a little better I mean it looks more...plastic-y. and kinda gamecube-ish metriod prime 1 and 2 to me looked better, I usually stand by my philosophy of gameplay over graphics but this is a metroid game. IDK I'm still getting it no matter what but maybe I just need to be slapped what do you guys think?

Specifically samus in the power suit. it doesn't look detailed at all to me, the cinematic although seem to be in-game graphics look alot less polished then the rest of the game environments.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I shall post my thoughts in two versions...

Normal version:
I've been biting my nails over this game for a while now. I've been constantly teeter-tottering my opinion, ranging from "WHOAMIGAWSH AWEXOME" to "Gosh, I dunno... Is it really gonna turn out well?"
Although I'm still a bit worried, I think this trailer does an excellent job of showing what Team Ninja is going for with this game... High-energy, kick-ass action, with slick execution and a sleek look. Everything seems to play slickly and smoothly, with a truly stylistic and acrobatic feel to it. If this game is truly as fine-tuned and exciting as it seems to be, it'll be a Metroid to remember!

"tl;dr" version:
Okay, I'm convinced. Now can someone help me pick my jaw up off the ground?

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purechaos996 said:
Hmmm....Well honestly the game looks awesome if it has that fast motion gameplay with mixed in slow-mo like the trailer I imagine it will be epic. However what I don't like is the over all look of the game...I honestly think it could look a little better I mean it looks more...plastic-y. and kinda gamecube-ish metriod prime 1 and 2 to me looked better, I usually stand by my philosophy of gameplay over graphics but this is a metroid game. IDK I'm still getting it no matter what but maybe I just need to be slapped what do you guys think?

Specifically samus in the power suit. it doesn't look detailed at all to me, the cinematic although seem to be in-game graphics look alot less polished then the rest of the game environments.
Are you kidding me? This games looks wayyy better than metroid prime 1 and 2 if graphics are that of a big deal get a ps3 or a xbox 360
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few short gameplay trailers aren't gonna show us what we really care about in the long scheme like non-linearity and other things that made Metroid a great series. And this is a risky movie. Action may be "OMG AWESOME" but anyone whose played Metroid games knows that action isn't even the half of it. I don't want a fancy action game, I want a Metroid game.

Basically I won't say if it's amazing or awful until I actually play it. Trailers are just designed to show off the best moments of a game, and when a game is hours long a few minutes doesn't give an impression of the whole game.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm buying this no matter what as I've been a huge metroid fan since the NES era. However, am I mistaken in saying that the wiimote is the only control option. If so, I'm not convinced 'til I have it in my hands that it will be awesome. Like Guild eluded to, if it doesn't have the puzzle elements that blow my mind every Metroid games, I will be severely disappointed.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Are you kidding me? This games looks wayyy better than metroid prime 1 and 2 if graphics are that of a big deal get a ps3 or a xbox 360
smile.gif

I have a 360 already lol. I getting this game either way as graphically pleasing or not the gameplay is the most important but w/e maybe it will grow on me...

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I saw the trailer at a walmart before. Gameplay is 3D but controls are Super Paper Mario style? I wonder how that's going to work?

Controls (sideways)
+ Move, 1 Jump, 2 Fire [You can also hold Up or Down or UpRight/Left DownRight/Left on + to aim] 2&+Up/Down, Aim Diagnally Up/Down.

Controls (pointed at screen)
B Fire

I wonder if a legit torrent exists for this game yet or not, I did see a torrent for the game on Google, but I don't know if it is fake or not.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella5600 said:
DJ91990 said:
I wonder if a legit torrent exists for this game yet or not, I did see a torrent for the game on Google, but I don't know if it is fake or not.
No way that's real. I guarantee its a fake.

9/10 it is fake. Until you see an official scene release or have a reputable source for prescene releases, you're better off waiting until it's dumped officially and distributed through the internet en mass.

Don't worry, give it a week or two and we'll see it soon. It gets released on the 31st but odds are the first copies people can get their hands on will get dumped, seeing as it's a major release.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the second this game gets releases then my newly bought Xbox 360 is going to take a rest for a little whie... Atleast until im finished with this game, or until im bored.

I just hope that this is nothing like the Metroid Prime games, because i didnt like those at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1