ROM Hack New Metroid Bros.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you name it New Metroid Bros.nds when you patch it.

I just tested again using only what I provided in the post. It is working for me. Remember this is a (U) rom. An (E) rom won't work.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I kind of intended the path in the level to head down towards Kraid. But you can go straight through also. The level will not continue to 1-2 yet.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luckwii said:

I just tested again using only what I provided in the post. It is working for me. Remember this is a (U) rom. An (E) rom won't work.
Wait, rename the original game to 'New Metroid Bros.nds'? Or make it the name of the new game xDelta will create?

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
luckwii said:

Wait, rename the original game to 'New Metroid Bros.nds'? Or make it the name of the new game xDelta will create?

The one xdelta will create. Not the original.

You could also name it "New Super Mario Bros.nds" and it would work. But I would recommend the new name to keep saves, etc. seperate.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess I'm with the other people having the problem patching
frown.gif

xDelta returns: "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

I even put the output file name to 'New Metroid Bros.nds'

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hullo8d said:
Tried both ways and I'm still getting an error. Did you use a trimmed rom?

That may be the case. I have had it so long that I probably did. If so, I use Tiny Trimmer to trim roms. I'll try and upload again tomorrow with a new clean rom.

Although, thinking about it now, I have used this same rom with all the other hacks here with now problems. If it helps, it is 23.4 MB.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luckwii said:
Although, thinking about it now, I have used this same rom with all the other hacks here with now problems. If it helps, it is 23.4 MB.
Yep, it's trimmed. The original ROM is 32MB

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
luckwii said:
Yep, it's trimmed. The original ROM is 32MB

D'oh. Alright I re-up the original download link with a clean rom.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm
unsure.gif
either my computer is messing with me or there is still a problem with the patch because I'm still getting the error.
frown.gif

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar got it working from the link on the first page.

Got more of level 1-1 finished today. The levels are going to be long. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the first beta ready. The version I posted was just an idea, not the final level 1-1. I have to keep the world maps as they are. But each level is going to be like a small world. So when I am done, this game may be huge.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will hopefully have the first beta out on Monday. I have been working on the hack everyday. It is slow going, but as I complete levels I will be releasing the betas. It is not easy getting the Metroid graphics in without crashing the game.

I will release levels as I go. New revisions may have updates to earlier levels as well. The more Metroid I can put in the game, the more the levels can be changed.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a new patch to show some changes. Still not calling it a beta as the level has some issues. I have to put together some more Metroid graphics, so for you Metroid hard cores, I know the end of the level is supposed to be gold colored. Like I was saying still a work in progress.

New Metroid Bros. BETA .036

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hullo8d said:
I'm glad to hear that your making progress.

I won't stop making progress either. This will be finished. It just takes a lot of time so it could be a while. But as I said, I will release as I go.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having troubles patching? I haven't heard any further issues, but I can't tell whats happening on your end.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First beta is almost ready. Have a few bugs to work out, but the first two levels are built. The first beta will be about 20% of the original Metroid.I will get this ready for release and then continue more levels.

Gameplay is surprisingly good IMO. Most if not all of the Metroid hidden places and paths are included.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1