ROM Hack New Metroid Bros.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am releasing the first beta. Is has a few bugs here and there but is playable. This has the first two levels built. I will clean these up some more as well as continuing the game in the next release. Let me know what you think.

New Metroid Bros. BETA .036

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
wow beta release was fast
A little too fast maybe. I wanted to get something out there that is playable. I have been putting a lot of hours into the hack. I'd rather get feedback early on and then revise the game over and over until it is seamless. I thought about waiting a few weeks, but at least having a beta out gets the ball rolling. Next releases will be a lot higher quality.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
When trying to apply the patch I get "target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT". Any idea?

I am going to redo the patch. Give me a few here and then try again.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated the first beta slightly and changed the source rom. Some people were getting errors with it and I could not figure out why. The new patch should work for everyone now.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
luckwii said:
I have updated the first beta slightly and changed the source rom. Some people were getting errors with it and I could not figure out why. The new patch should work for everyone now.
It works now, thanks
smile.gif

Great work. Being a big Metroid fan this is really fun playing for me. Keep up the great work
smile.gif

tyrantpig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow this is pretty awesome ^^ I know it's a lot of work but I'd say there are too many Koopas IMO
tongue.gif
Even though others have said this already, Please don't ditch this! I want to see the end of this!

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tyrantpig said:
Wow this is pretty awesome ^^ I know it's a lot of work but I'd say there are too many Koopas IMO
tongue.gif
Even though others have said this already, Please don't ditch this! I want to see the end of this!

In other revisions I may remove them. I was trying to keep the Metroid sprite locations the same. I tried to compensate with powerups. Don't worry though, this is a beta and I will be going back to the older levels and updating, as well as building new. I'm starting the Ridley levels this weekend. They ought to be interesting.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How many levels are complete in the beta 0.36? I finished 1-1, but 1-2 doesn't seem to be finishable because all the pipes doesn't seem to work.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
How many levels are complete in the beta 0.36? I finished 1-1, but 1-2 doesn't seem to be finishable because all the pipes doesn't seem to work.

It is finished through 1-2. Maybe you haven't found the right pipe. I kept the path the way you would go through the game to collect everything more or less. Not every pipe can be entered at all times.

I am working on Ridley's area right now. Slow going as there are a lot of tiles to create here. So far I am about 8 hours or so into making the tiles. They have to be made, tested, and then imported into NSMB. But I am making a lot of progress. The next levels will be released soon.

Coolman5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yaynds.gif
Hi luckwii the new metroid bros and i use new super bros (U) game rom and patch rom file beta dont work and plz fix that problem

and plz explain how to use this patch file new metroid bros

thanks in advance

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coolman5 said:
yaynds.gif
Hi luckwii the new metroid bros and i use new super bros (U) game rom and patch rom file beta dont work and plz fix that problem

and plz explain how to use this patch file new metroid bros

thanks in advance

Use the included software. There is a read-me with it.

Take the folder you extracted and put a clean NSMB (U) rom in it. It should be 32MB. For some reason I found one at 32MB that was unstable before. Try finding another 32MB rom from another site if what I say doesn't work. Anyway put the rom in the folder.

Open xdelta. Click on "patch file". Then click on patch and browse for the xdelta patch for New Metroid Bros.. Then click on "source" and browse for the original NSMB rom. The click on output file and name it "New Metroid Bros.nds". Save it to wherever you want it saved. Then click "patch" at the bottom button. If you are doing all this and it still isn't working try another clean rom.

I have it stable for sure now. Again, there is a 32MB on a popular site that doesn't work. It seemingly, randomly threw errors in patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1