Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechwarriorign580.jpg

Finally another mecha game for the 360. And a good one at that.

QUOTE said:
Teased earlier this week, a new MechWarrior is currently being forged by Smith and Tinker (founded by FASA co-founder Jordan Weisman) and Piranha Games. IGN was informed that this is not being considered MechWarrior 5, but a reboot of the series. The title will release on PC and Xbox 360, and should include a full single-player campaign, "as well as support for four-player co-op campaign" and multiplayer.

There is currently no release window scheduled for the game, nor is there a publisher -- those two things are typically co-dependent. Check out the MechWarrior reveal trailer after the break.

News Source: Joystiq

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
YYYYYyeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely LOVED Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance back in the day, and I hope they don't mess this game up.

Lookin' forward to it on the PC.
wink.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still play mech warrior 4 mercs myself, and loved steel battalion on the xbox.

I just hope this is really a mechwarrior game, and not one of those god awful piles elephant manure mech assault games that were on the xbox.

I don't know how i feel about it being a "reboot" though, just hope they keep the mechs the same, it just wont be the same without madcats and daishi.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guys from Team Crysis are also working on a MechWarrior game using the Crysis engine. My favourite Mech was the Annihilator from MechWarrior 3, Atlas was pretty sweet in that game too, I didn't like the limits that were put on the Mech's in MW4 though, I hope they eliminate that and give us more flexibility including complete engine modifications and more armor options.

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are also releasing MechWarrior 4 will all expansions for free in a few weeks.

MekTek.net Honored To Distribute MechWarrior 4
QUOTE said:
We are very pleased to announce that Smith & Tinker has authorized us (MekTek.net) and our professional studio (MekTek Studios) to distribute and package a worldwide free release of MechWarrior4 and all of its expansions.

This free release of MechWarrior 4 commemorates BattleTech’s 25th anniversary as well as MekTek’s 10th anniversary, and will allow BattleTech fans a chance to re-discover MechWarrior, as well as help us bring in a new army of players who are discovering MechWarrior and the BattleTech universe for the first time, completely for free.

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
umm why not ps3? they are concentrating on selling high and risk piracy... i suggest keeping it for the console but its early to tell
Microsoft owns the rights to MechWarrior. Smith and Tinker are licensing the property from Microsoft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)