New Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC Info Leaked

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, May 16, 2012.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    [​IMG]

Following the latest batch of multiplayer DLC for Mass Effect 3, more info on the next multiplayer DLC, named "Rebellion", was leaked.

Along with two new maps, a jungle-type map named Firebase Jade, and a Thesia map named Firebase Goddess, there's also new weapons, equipment, and classes. These include new Quarian Infiltrators and Engineers, a Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, as well as new Adepts and Vanguards.

The original text from Sony's Hong Kong website, where the info was leaked, is below:

"The Rebellion Multiplayer Expansion opens two new fronts against the Reapers: Firebase Jade's jungle reservoir and Firebase Goddess on Thessia. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons as well as equipment, consumables, and six new classes: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, Phoenix Adept and Vanguard. The battle continues – hold the line!"

No pricing (if any) or date were released, however.

:arrow: Source

2. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Gimme more story :3

Haven't really gotten into multiplayer (yet) because of my thesis work (finally done!). Maybe I'll pick this up, especially if it's free DLC :)

3. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Hum... Vorchas are ugly as hell, but I actually find them rather cool (together with Turians, they're the coolest aliens imho), being able to play with one should be interesting. =3

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I don't think the source knows the difference between the Vorcha and the Yahg.

Anyway, more multiplayer DLC is always great, but more free multiplayer DLC would be even better. You listening, Bioware?

5. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Oh, nope, that's me. I mixed 'em up.

6. Gahars

United States
    That's fandom heresy, you know. You'll be spaced for that. It's the law.

7. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    TBH I never played any of the ME2 DLC so I kinda forgot the difference.

8. Gahars

United States
    Ah, that would explain it. The DLC was definitely worth checking out, and good to have before going into Mass Effect 3, but not absolutely essential to get the plot.

Now, if they did introduce a Yahg player character for multiplayer, that would be very interesting to see...

9. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    It's difficult to get invested in the multiplayer battle against the Reapers when it means nothing in the bigger picture.

The engine is good it just sucks knowing what happens. Not so many people are going to be paying for ME3 DLC compared to ME2. Maybe the free clarification DLC will change all that, but it's too late for people that have completely lost interest after finishing the game once. I'm not even interested in the free stuff anymore, I just gave my copy away.

10. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    The multiplayer is rather popular and I've been playing it far past I completed the story. I don't really play for the single player implications, I just play it like any other multiplayer game, to have fun and unlock stuff. And more DLC means more stuff to unlock.