Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands sequel announced as Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 9, 2019.

Front-page

If you need some more stealthy tactical shooters in your life, then Ubisoft is poised to deliver with a sequel to 2017's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands. A new game in the series has been announced today as Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, which will launch this fall, on October 4th, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. In typical Ubisoft fashion, there will be a private beta for those that pre-order the game. Promising to be different from the recently released tactical cover shooter also by Ubisoft, The Division 2, the development team behind Breakpoint claims that the game will have an entirely distinct experience.

Discussion (10 replies)
  1. DANTENDO

DANTENDO GBAtemp Fan

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thank you ubisoft

Chary likes this.
  2. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Splinter Cell: Am I a joke to you?

Chary likes this.
  3. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    After The Division 2 surprised me by being such a competent coop game, I'm more than willing to try this out. I had no idea I'd be such a fan of tactical third-person shooters until I tried one.

NoNAND and DANTENDO like this.
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    No splinter cell... damn ubisoft srs ps2,xbox,gc generation got 4 games,xbox360/ps3 got 3 games(double agent is a diferent game so yeah 3) and now ps4/xb1 we got nothing and the gen is ending ...

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    My question is when will Tom Clancy be done with games? :blink:

6. YoungGrumpyMan

YoungGrumpyMan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    Damn, loved The Wolves' character design.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

7. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    C-137
    Guess Splinter Cell is chopped fucking liver. This "live service" bullshit is killing amazing IP's

8. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    I'm surprised they're even bothering with a sequel. Hasn't Wildlands been receiving operations/updates like Siege?
    The playerbase must be really dwindling if they're desperate to make a sequel to it.

9. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    It's actually not really a tactical shooter like it used to be but more far cry meets assasins creed. It's a typical ubisoft open world game where the map is darkened out and you have to capture stations to make loot appear in the map. Also also piece of map has its own boss like in far cry games. Tom clancy games aren't what they used to be.

10. YoungGrumpyMan

YoungGrumpyMan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    What do you guys think is the chance for a BR mode in Breakpoint? Does Ubisoft prefer to make its own thing, or would they add it in a game that like this that (supposedly) has good gunplay and an already big world... I'd be really excited if that was the case, I'm still not burned out by BR games, in fact I play Apex every week and still very much love the formula.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk