New Mario Kart 7 Details

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The biggest news is that it will be gyro sensor compatible – you can use the 3DS like a Wii Wheel to steer your kart away from danger. This is a fantastic addition to an already bursting-at-the-seams game, but there is one small problem with it – 3D. It won’t be compatible with the 3D effect due to the need to twist the whole console, but hey – at least it’s an optional extra!

Mario Kart 7 will include a gyro mode similar to using the Wii Wheel.

A couple of new power-ups have also been confirmed including the ability to turn into metal (which presumably gives more grip underwater as well as invincibility from items). There is also going to be the inclusion of the fire flower to allow you to sizzle your opponents for the first time – it really does look like retro studios are pulling out all the stops for Mario Kart 7.

We’ve also got a small update concerning mutliplayer – 8 player online has been confirmed at last! Mario Kart is best in multiplayer, so this small but mighty addition is just the icing on the cake.

Finally, a new character has been confirmed – for the first time in Mario Kart history, you’ll be able to control Lakitu! His kart closely resembles one of those happy clouds, so all we need now is an item which allows you to throw spinies! His inclusion does, however, create a small issue – who will be starting the races?[/p]
Source

New update:
Hideki Konno has confirmed that Mario Kart 7 will feature sixteen new courses, but some of the past courses making a return have had the underwater sections added to them. It’s also mentioned that the Wuhu Island course is one long course without any looping. StreetPass support is confirmed with the feature being used to exchange ghost data with people that you pass on the street. But you also can use that data to register that person as your friend on the system itself and proceed to play online with them. The multiplayer mode itself supports eight players both online and offline[/p]
Source

New update: Mario Kart 7: New Items!

fire-150x150.jpg

Fire Flower

tanookileaf-150x150.png

Tanooki Leaf

seven.png

Number Seven

shellspiked.jpg

Blue Spiked Shell

Video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTFUz9qEBU[/youtube]​

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
ah, the limitations of gyro and 3D... but man, 8player online at 60fps... wow. just wow.

about Lakitu, what happens if a player falls off-track or into a ravine/bottomless pit or something? no Lakitu to fish you out? i guess it's fine with water, seeing as all carts have propellers now, but... :/

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SamAsh07 said:
chris888222 said:
Wtf 8 player online? Am I blind or what?
NO you aren't blind, it IS 8 player online.

Damn the new stuff is making me more eager now
biggrin.gif
Mario Kart DS was already damn awesome. Can't wait for the 3DS version.

and also see how sensitive is the 3DS gyro exactly
tpi.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
8 players online? That's awsome
yaynds.gif
Good times are coming for 3DS owners
biggrin.gif

Edit:
QUOTE said:
it really does look like retro studios are pulling out all the stops for Mario Kart 7.
My beloved Retro Studios are developing Mario Kart? I didn't know that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ