Hacking New M3 Real owner

Dalek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I've just ordered the M3 Real Perfect bundle, so I can play some GBA games too.

A quick question - should I go with the M3 firmware or the English translation of the Sakura firmware?

Thanks

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dalek said:
Hi guys,

I've just ordered the M3 Real Perfect bundle, so I can play some GBA games too.

A quick question - should I go with the M3 firmware or the English translation of the Sakura firmware?

Thanks

go for the TRIPLE BOOT ... SAKURA/ITOUCH/M3 REAL firmwares and have the best of 3 WORLDS lol
smile.gif

I use it on mine and it works great
smile.gif

Dalek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the fast reply.

When you say the best of the three worlds - what are they?

One more questions. If I have some GBA ROMs, I just need to put these on the SD card and insert the Slot 1 & 2 device and I can load them up can't I?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dalek said:
Thanks for the fast reply.

When you say the best of the three worlds - what are they?

One more questions. If I have some GBA ROMs, I just need to put these on the SD card and insert the Slot 1 & 2 device and I can load them up can't I?

best of 3 worlds using the TRIPLE BOOT firmware = have the loaders for ITOUCH + M3 REAL + SAKURA all on your card at the same time and choose between them ...(boot up and do nothing it boots SAKURA firmware ... boot up and hold "X" and boot M3 REAL firmware ... or boot up and hold "Y" and boot ITOUCH firmware)
smile.gif

for gba loading you can use M3 REAL firmware to load the gba roms or you can use GBA EXPLOADER 0.57 in the other firmwares to load GBA roms to your slot 2
smile.gif

Dalek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the benefits of having all three? Why would I want all 3?

Can I load GBA ROMs from the Sakura firmware?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dalek said:
What are the benefits of having all three? Why would I want all 3?

Can I load GBA ROMs from the Sakura firmware?

SAKURA is nice and fast for loading DS roms and the media player is great too ...currently you cannot load gba roms directly in SAKURA to the M3 REAL expansion Pack but you can with an Ezflash 3 in 1 using GBAExploader and SAKURA
smile.gif

you can however load GBA roms using the M3 REAL firmware (obviously its supposed to) but main reason for the triple loader is BETTER COMPATIBILITY currently SAKURA does not load all homebrew so I boot with either M3 REAL or ITOUCH firmwares ....

M3 REAL sometimes cannot load some roms so being able to switch between them is great .....

The media player in M3 REAL is pretty rubbish but SAKURA is fantastic it has great DPG playback and a great music player
smile.gif

try them all with the Triple and see which you prefer
smile.gif

gunstarblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
currently you cannot load gba roms directly in SAKURA to the M3 REAL expansion Pack

What? I load all my games - be it GBA or NDS - through Sakura. I'm using M3 Real Perfect.

Dalek:
Hi, welcome to the forums - congrats on your new card and the world of awesome GBA games
wink.gif

You should definately try Sakura! The browsing capabilities are far superior of the original M3 Software. I, however, recommend you to use the triple boot if you plan on running a lot of homebrew. Sakura tend to have a harder time running some homebrew, which usually runs in M3 Real or iTouch.

For example, I can run Lemmings DS from Sakura, but not Tetris The Grand Master.

..And yes, you can load your GBA roms from Sakura. At least I can do it, and I'm on the same card
blink.gif

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA roms load just fine with Sakura as well. In fact, Sakura recognizes my M3 Perfect CF as a slot-2 expansion, so it's actually better than the Real's firmware with GBA expansions, I guess
tongue.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK sorry apologies yes it does .... load gba to the M3 REAL expansion pack ..tested a quite a few and they didnt work at all ... my gba folder must of been corrupt or something ...

I deleted the folder and put a fresh batch of GBA roms in and they worked although Mario roms complain that the save data is corrupt or just white screens ...so need to be SRAM patched with GBATA gba tool for them to work
smile.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The iTouchDS firmware is mostly used for any problematic homebrew. Anything that won't load in Sakura has a good chance that it will work in iTouchDS.

Dalek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for tall the advice guys, I now have my M3, with GBA cart and I have the Sakura firmware.

One problem, each time I launch a GBA ROM, it complains about corrupt saves, or something to that effect. Any ideas?

I just put the .gba files on my SD card, like I thought I was supposed to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol