Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here is some awesome news, the sequel (I only just found it that is wasn't a remake) to the excellent Wii title that hardly anyone gave a fuck about will be getting a release in the US only on PS Vita this Summer...although the trailer does say "Fall". Sadly this is digital only but its better than nothing.

It was already confirmed last year that it'll be released in Europe too though no time frame was given.

Featuring a brand new storyline and online functionality, New Little King's Story offers players a royal role playing game with enhanced PlayStation Vita system graphics and features.

New Little King's Story follows players as they assume the role of King Corobo, tasked with reclaiming his kingdom from the Devil King, "The Nightmare." Players will experience an incredible journey as they visit seven different kingdoms and battle against evil dark lords that have captured the royal princesses. As King, gamers will need to lead their Royal Guard in every grand battle, and plan attacks wisely as they grow their populations and broaden their territories.

So far that is one retail Vita title that I am interested in and don't list any others, I've seen them all and I'm still "meh" about most of the retail ones and the ones that do look good are on other consoles. Digital games looks good but not enough for me to buy a Vita...anyfuckenway I'm glad to see this on a portable, I'd rather it be on 3DS but hey you can't have everything. Little disappointed that they had to change the art style to a more generic JRPG look and also add a cheap "sexier" look to the females but whatever gameplay should still be there.

http://www.destructo...ta-228292.phtml

Oh and the "sexy" screens as that isn't shown in the trailer: http://kotaku.com/5897022/when-did-little-kings-story-get-so-ahem-sexy/gallery/1

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the few RTS games in the past couple of years that I actually did enjoy. I'll probably be picking this up, Little King's Story was good and I was glad to see it was getting a sequel (and now that sequel is getting localized).

But yes I definitely agree with the art style thing, I enjoyed the cartoony almost "kid-like" aesthetic of the original. Although nowadays it seems a lot of franchises get "weaboo-ized" when it comes to handhelds.

'Cheap' looking girls are the best type of girls imo.

They're also the kind that give you chlamydia.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although nowadays it seems a lot of franchises get "weaboo-ized" when it comes to handhelds.
You mean like this?
f01Ys.jpg

Final Fantasy is already weaboo so its hard to make it "weabooized".

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Loved the Wii game, although the music could have been a tad better, but still EXCELLENT game, really.
Those sexy screens are sexy but just don't look the same :(

Looking forward to it nonetheless.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoyed the first game for mixing the gameplay of Pikmin with a little more RPG-ish elements. I don't have a vita, so no playing this, but hopefully the sound track becomes available soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.