New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer

Today Square Enix released a brand new trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. Check it out along with the full press release below.

LONDON (8th June 2016)Square Enix Ltd., and Disney unveiled a new gameplay trailer for the upcoming KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, which showcases Aqua, one of the original Keyblade wielders, and her battle against the Heartless. The battle is featured in a completely new playable episode in KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A fragmentary passage –, which is included in the HD compilation and includes next-generation graphics. The brand new storyline will provide players with a preview of the upcoming events of the highly anticipated KINGDOM HEARTS III.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue also includes KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] Back Cover, a new tale that sheds light on the mysterious foretellers, as well as new HD gameplay from KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance.

Additionally, SQUARE ENIX also announced that KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ is coming to mobile devices in Europe. The first game in the KINGDOM HEARTS series to come to iOS and Android devices , inKINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, players will uncover story elements from the earliest parts of the series’ history, as well as from the highly anticipated, upcoming KINGDOM HEARTS III. For the first time in the series history, players will create their very own Keyblade wielder and adventure through Disney worlds with beautiful and stylized art, while interacting with a rich cast of memorable Disney characters.

* KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ will be available in English only

:arrow:Kingdom Hearts Homepage

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Whoever comes up with titles for Kingdom Hearts games should be fired and then promptly flogged outside the company building. Kingdom Hearts - okay, that's clear. 2.8? So is it an expansion of 2? A prequel? Maybe a sequel? How big of one? More or less than 2.5? In which direction in time, forwards or backwards? Final Chapter? Okay, so it's the last one before 3. Prologue? Wait, so there's more? It's not final then? It's one or the other. Or is it a prologue to the final chapter? You already lost me, and I haven't even played the game. All this title needs is a "Zero" and an "Ultimate" shoved in there for good measure, maybe a "Super", a "Turbo" or an "Ultra", too.

Square Enix, please, get f*cked. Start getting f*cked and then continue to get f*cked for effect, you bunch of juvenile idiots. The chronology you've created for this series is some kind of abstract b*llshit removed from any form of sense, reason and reality by several orders of magnitude, you're giving me intellectual blue balls with this sh*t.

Make up your f*cking mind, for the love of god - what is this game? Just give me a number and end there, so that I can comperhend what your f*cking product is. I should have a relative understanding of what the game is just by reading the title, I should't have to watch the trailer or research Kingdom Hearts history to find out what exactly is it that you're trying to sell me.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Final? I've always thought the Kindom Hearts games looked interesting, and I actually purchased a couple... but I've never played a single one longer than about 10 minutes. I really should play through them

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whoever comes up with titles for Kingdom Hearts games should be fired and then promptly flogged outside the company building. Kingdom Hearts - okay, that's clear. 2.8? So is it an expansion of 2? A prequel? Maybe a sequel? How big of one? More or less than 2.5? In which direction in time, forwards or backwards? Final Chapter? Okay, so it's the last one before 3. Prologue? Wait, so there's more? It's not final then? It's one or the other. Or is it a prologue to the final chapter? You already lost me, and I haven't even played the game. All this title needs is a "Zero" and an "Ultimate" shoved in there for good measure, maybe a "Super", a "Turbo" or an "Ultra", too.

Square Enix, please, get f*cked. Start getting f*cked and then continue to get f*cked for effect, you bunch of juvenile idiots. The chronology you've created for this series is some kind of abstract b*llshit removed from any form of sense, reason and reality by several orders of magnitude, you're giving me intellectual blue balls with this sh*t.

Make up your f*cking mind, for the love of god - what is this game? Just give me a number and end there, so that I can comperhend what your f*cking product is. I should have a relative understanding of what the game is just by reading the title, I should't have to watch the trailer or research Kingdom Hearts history to find out what exactly is it that you're trying to sell me.
Honestly I'm confused as well, but I THINK the 2.8 means "right before 3", where 3 is the "Final Chapter", and this is the prologue to 3/final chapter. I entirely agree that it makes no sense though. And why 2.8 anyway and not, say, 2.9?

Tokiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
They finally made it worth it. Back then it was like just DDD and now with some "leaked gameplay of KH3 I guess". and also a real movie that was not just cutscenes. Yeah and even a section that was NOT in the BBS Final Mix. Hopefully this will answer our questions.

Almost fogot back then they already said about the BBS 0.2 already in the PSP Final Mix at the end if I remember correctly.

hopefully it's worth the money.

oh yeah btw. I also think that movie at the end might also lead what happened after Unchained X (the mobile game that was never released in Europe >_>)
Since the design of both of them are very similar....and the X.

Last edited by Tokiri,

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Foxi4 @Arras

Actually this odd naming/numbering(?) system had been "explained" in an interview with Tetsuya Nomura back in Sept last year. Pretty sure it was brought up in one of the announcement threads.

"Since this is the first title after Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, Dream Drop Distance HD is being treated as "Kingdom Hearts 2.6". Then, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ represents "0" since it is the first title in the Kingdom Hearts storyline. Lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep represents "0.1", which leads to Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. Then from all three titles in the collection, you add 2.6 + 0 + 0.2 to get 2.8."

Source

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Chapter? Okay, so it's the last one before 3. Prologue? Wait, so there's more? It's not final then? It's one or the other. Or is it a prologue to the final chapter? You already lost me, and I haven't even played the game. All this title needs is a "Zero" and an "Ultimate" shoved in there for good measure, maybe a "Super", a "Turbo" or an "Ultra", too.

Square Enix, please, get f*cked.

Agreed. If I had to guess, it's some HD version or collection of the handheld games. Mainly because of the HD part of the title, and 2.5 being an HD release of older material, I'm guessing this is a collection of all the side-stories leading up to the new game. I have to guess though, because f*ck square enix.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm confused. Is this a new iteration of KH2? Is KH 2.5 HD Final Mix (or whatever the title is) included in it? Is it a full version of DDD that is in this edition or only some new parts?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I got a ps3 for 1.5 and 2.5 and I got my ps4 for 2.8 and 3.

I'm pretty damn hyped for this and I just wish we had a better estimate of when KH3 will drop so that I can dedicate some time to replaying the series.

For those who don't know, at this point all you need to catch up on everything is 1.5, 2.5, and this new 2.8 before getting ready for 3.

Though it is pretty funny that Kingdom Hearts 3 is the series's 9th installment.

Reactions: Deleted User

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm so lost with all these remakes, and in-between episodes.

is there a place to learn which game/console is a remake, and which one is a different statement in the story line?
if I want to play the best version of each, I'd probably have to play the remake, not the originals.

Is this "birth by sleep" only focused on Aqua, or is it the same BBS from PSP? (I played only one character so far, I don't know aqua story yet)
I didn't know the "x" chapter, so it's the beginning? it was already released and it's a remake, or they decided to add a prequel when releasing the prologue to the last chapter?

Will they ever release a complete story in a single game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro