New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Jun 8, 2016.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England

Press Release

:arrow:Kingdom Hearts Homepage

infinete, Darkyose, EarlAB and 4 others like this.

2. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Oh my goodness I want this.

3. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    Soooo much yes, i want this game

BurningDesire likes this.
  4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Whoever comes up with titles for Kingdom Hearts games should be fired and then promptly flogged outside the company building. Kingdom Hearts - okay, that's clear. 2.8? So is it an expansion of 2? A prequel? Maybe a sequel? How big of one? More or less than 2.5? In which direction in time, forwards or backwards? Final Chapter? Okay, so it's the last one before 3. Prologue? Wait, so there's more? It's not final then? It's one or the other. Or is it a prologue to the final chapter? You already lost me, and I haven't even played the game. All this title needs is a "Zero" and an "Ultimate" shoved in there for good measure, maybe a "Super", a "Turbo" or an "Ultra", too.

Square Enix, please, get f*cked. Start getting f*cked and then continue to get f*cked for effect, you bunch of juvenile idiots. The chronology you've created for this series is some kind of abstract b*llshit removed from any form of sense, reason and reality by several orders of magnitude, you're giving me intellectual blue balls with this sh*t.

Make up your f*cking mind, for the love of god - what is this game? Just give me a number and end there, so that I can comperhend what your f*cking product is. I should have a relative understanding of what the game is just by reading the title, I should't have to watch the trailer or research Kingdom Hearts history to find out what exactly is it that you're trying to sell me.

5. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    I like the series, but my god is that title ridiculous... KHHD2.8FCP

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    KH 3 please!

7. AquaTornado

AquaTornado Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    I literally can't wait, like, give me more KH3 info plez. :moogle:

8. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Stupid Internet connection lol wanted to post it first >.>
    But i'm really hyped for it. 0.2 looks amazing

Zense likes this.
  9. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Wow. Final? I've always thought the Kindom Hearts games looked interesting, and I actually purchased a couple... but I've never played a single one longer than about 10 minutes. I really should play through them

10. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Foxi4 and Fluto like this.
  11. Zenior_X

Zenior_X Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2015
    Too much hype, I want it but I don't have a ps4. Why I can affort one??? :cry::cry::cry::cry:

12. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Honestly I'm confused as well, but I THINK the 2.8 means "right before 3", where 3 is the "Final Chapter", and this is the prologue to 3/final chapter. I entirely agree that it makes no sense though. And why 2.8 anyway and not, say, 2.9?

13. Grim Ripper

Grim Ripper GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Greece
    I will buy it and then i'll buy a ps4. :P
    It looks great.

14. Tokiri

Tokiri Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    Switzerland
    They finally made it worth it. Back then it was like just DDD and now with some "leaked gameplay of KH3 I guess". and also a real movie that was not just cutscenes. Yeah and even a section that was NOT in the BBS Final Mix. Hopefully this will answer our questions.

Almost fogot back then they already said about the BBS 0.2 already in the PSP Final Mix at the end if I remember correctly.

hopefully it's worth the money.

oh yeah btw. I also think that movie at the end might also lead what happened after Unchained X (the mobile game that was never released in Europe >_>)
    Since the design of both of them are very similar....and the X.

Last edited by Tokiri, Jun 8, 2016
  15. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    @Foxi4 @Arras

Actually this odd naming/numbering(?) system had been "explained" in an interview with Tetsuya Nomura back in Sept last year. Pretty sure it was brought up in one of the announcement threads.

"Since this is the first title after Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, Dream Drop Distance HD is being treated as "Kingdom Hearts 2.6". Then, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ represents "0" since it is the first title in the Kingdom Hearts storyline. Lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep represents "0.1", which leads to Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. Then from all three titles in the collection, you add 2.6 + 0 + 0.2 to get 2.8."

Source

Zense and Riyaz like this.
  16. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Agreed. If I had to guess, it's some HD version or collection of the handheld games. Mainly because of the HD part of the title, and 2.5 being an HD release of older material, I'm guessing this is a collection of all the side-stories leading up to the new game. I have to guess though, because f*ck square enix.

17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Just.make.3.please.
    They are trying so hard to drag this series out. I loves me some Kingdom Hearts, but make fucking 3 already, I want to finish the games some time in my life time.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  18. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I'm confused. Is this a new iteration of KH2? Is KH 2.5 HD Final Mix (or whatever the title is) included in it? Is it a full version of DDD that is in this edition or only some new parts?

19. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    I got a ps3 for 1.5 and 2.5 and I got my ps4 for 2.8 and 3.

I'm pretty damn hyped for this and I just wish we had a better estimate of when KH3 will drop so that I can dedicate some time to replaying the series.

For those who don't know, at this point all you need to catch up on everything is 1.5, 2.5, and this new 2.8 before getting ready for 3.

Though it is pretty funny that Kingdom Hearts 3 is the series's 9th installment.

Riyaz likes this.
  20. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I'm so lost with all these remakes, and in-between episodes.

is there a place to learn which game/console is a remake, and which one is a different statement in the story line?
    if I want to play the best version of each, I'd probably have to play the remake, not the originals.

Is this "birth by sleep" only focused on Aqua, or is it the same BBS from PSP? (I played only one character so far, I don't know aqua story yet)
    I didn't know the "x" chapter, so it's the beginning? it was already released and it's a remake, or they decided to add a prequel when releasing the prologue to the last chapter?

Will they ever release a complete story in a single game?