JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
jalaneme said:
does the dr mario japanese rom work on a pal Wii in 480p WITHOUT patching of any kind? is there any risk of bricking my Wii? also is the menus all in japanese?
if you don't patch it you can't use the rom (channel).
The channel is NTSC-J you must patch it to PAL or Region-Free.
biggrin.gif
:d

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So basically, Dr. Mario and FF:CC fail on U.S. machines but work on PAL ones, and Okiraku Ping Pong is the other way around. I wonder what that's all about.

pk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tried pokemon farm on wii 3.2U wiikey 1.9S, and don't work for me. Region Free patched with freethewads.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks said:
So basically, Dr. Mario and FF:CC fail on U.S. machines but work on PAL ones, and Okiraku Ping Pong is the other way around. I wonder what that's all about.

Actually, I've gotten Dr. Mario and FF:CC to work. Hell, I've gotten em all to work so far. Pokemon and Ping Pong too. All patched with freethewads. I really don't know what the deal is. 3.2u, the update right between WiiWare and Trucha fix, Launch Wii, installed with WAD Installer 2.1. I don't know what else to say.

Nunim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hrm... I can't get Dr. Mario to work on my NTSC Wii. I've tried both Region Free and NTSC-U for my Free The Wads settings but no luck.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Will I need to update to use those WiiWare titles and / or the upcoming USA ones?

I'm in 3.1U, and I'm afraid to update because of the IO-something that might break trucha-signer and hacked channels... :S

Nunim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gaboumafou said:
Will I need to update to use those WiiWare titles and / or the upcoming USA ones?

I'm in 3.1U, and I'm afraid to update because of the IO-something that might break trucha-signer and hacked channels... :S

My problem was updating, now that I'm running 3.2U my WiiWare works as well as my homebrew stuff
smile.gif

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nunim said:
gaboumafou said:

My problem was updating, now that I'm running 3.2U my WiiWare works as well as my homebrew stuff
smile.gif
Yeah, but if I understood correctly, it's only a matter of time before Nintendo "activate" that IO update that will break homebrew and other hacks?

Wouldn't it be safer to avoid updating before we see how all this will unfold?

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Two more games came out today, Star Soldier R and Mojipittan. Star Soldier works on my Wii and Mojippan doesn't. Some people with U.S. Wiis do report all these games as working though. I think you need 3.2 for it to work, but my Wii is semi-bricked and stuck with 3.1.

I have also noticed that Wiiware channels with missing titles do not work on my Wii, and the ones that have proper titles (Okiraku Ping Pong and Star Soldier R) do work. So here's a question for 3.2U people that got these games to work. Do the channels for Dr. Mario, etc have channel names or are they blank? Is your Final Fantasy channel called "Archlord" (wtf is up with that name, btw)?

Nunim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
Two more games came out today, Star Soldier R and Mojipittan. Star Soldier works on my Wii and Mojippan doesn't. Some people with U.S. Wiis do report all these games as working though. I think you need 3.2 for it to work, but my Wii is semi-bricked and stuck with 3.1.

I have also noticed that Wiiware channels with missing titles do not work on my Wii, and the ones that have proper titles (Okiraku Ping Pong and Star Soldier R) do work. So here's a question for 3.2U people that got these games to work. Do the channels for Dr. Mario, etc have channel names or are they blank? Is your Final Fantasy channel called "Archlord" (wtf is up with that name, btw)?

Uhh Dr. Mario shows up as blank, I have not played anything else. This just means the banner file needs to be edited, as for Archlord it could be the name of the person who ripped it. Should be simple enough to break down the wad and then redo the banner with proper naming.

[Edit] I've confirmed the issue with Dr. Mario, it's simply that the banner file is blank. I have made the appropriate changes and repacked the WAD, now it's got a glorious title
smile.gif
YouTube, coming soon!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone tried the ds to wii connection of pokemon ranch with a flash cart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1