OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
20100526_00031.jpg

QUOTE said:
According to reports, the UK edition of NGamer magazine has put out their review of Sonic Colours on Wii in their new issue released to store shelves today and it’s good news, because the magazine has given the game a score of 86%. NGamer has many positive things to say about the game, praising the single player, the Wisps and the replay value given when returning to stages to find hidden routes with later unlocked Wisps.

“The Similarity to the Mario Galaxy Games is it’s abundance of ideas. This is Sonic Team in an uncharacteristically creative and generous mood. It’s one that suits them well. The addition of the power-altering wisps is what does it.”

- “These aren’t powerups, they’re toys – single-use shots of pure fun that have the happy side effect of opening up new pathways in already pleasingly labyrinthine stages.”

- “The lists of powers goes on and on, and backtracking to find new areas in which to use them is a big part of the fun.”

NGamer weren’t too keen on the multiplayer section of the game though, claiming it can feel like a tug of war at times.

“As a multiplayer game Sonic Colours is less than perfect (the speedy action often results in a game of tug of war using the screen as a rope).”

The review reveals a new feature in the game’s multiplayer mode, the ability to play as your Mii.

- The ability to swap Sonic for your Miis means there’s still throwaway fun to be had.” (in multiplayer)

They finish the review up with a high note in their summary.

Summary – “Colours Rockets Sonic closer to the stratospheric heights of past glories and hints at a great future. Welcome back old friend, it’s been to long.”

And new videos too:

icon11.gif
Source

kiba93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sonic dies at the middle of the game and we have to play as amy rose and big the cat, picking flowers and fishing frog
unsure.gif

lets hope it breaks the sonic cycle
closedeyes.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought that Sega would have to get a well known 3rd party dev to bring the series back to its glory days but shit me Sonic Team have done it themselves!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a feeling of skepticism towards all 3D Sonic games, I entered this topic thinking "Wow, another on of these? Time for some disappointment".

After watching the gameplay, I feel that this game really seems like a Sonic game. It's got the speed, the platforming, and even brings a new feature into the mix without ruining the whole game. I like the look of this game, and really REALLY want to try it out.

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic was back for awhile for me, I LOVED Sonic and the Secret Rings. I hate all them haters I meet, that always go "I NEVER played it, but the game SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I know cuz I heard someone on gamefaqs say it once." and I keep meeting people that say that when the gameplay in Sonic and the Secret Rings RULES, oh well.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow!!! Sonic colors, where have you been all my life!!! lol

I want!!!!
wub.gif

Secret Rings and Sonic colors are ,btw, to different styles.

We need a 3DS version!!!!!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrainerAbu said:
Sonic was back for awhile for me, I LOVED Sonic and the Secret Rings. I hate all them haters I meet, that always go "I NEVER played it, but the game SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I know cuz I heard someone on gamefaqs say it once." and I keep meeting people that say that when the gameplay in Sonic and the Secret Rings RULES, oh well.
Secret Ring and Black Knights are not that bad. They certainly need major improvements, but they are enjoyable.

Sonic Unleashed is what really pissed me off. Day stages are good, but night stages are what really kills it. It is slow, hard to control, repetitive, and freaking long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    like i searched all folders
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    are you using haxchi, tiramisu or aroma?
    yeah
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no, I'm asking which one of them you are using
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc