United States

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't good, I didn't buy my original G6 "that" long ago and now it seems I may have to upgrade.
frown.gif

czw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This one is I posted in M3 Chinese Forum.
http://www.gbalpha.com/gbamedia/bbs/dispbb...ID=11819&page=1

But no one response.

Here is the translation.
========================================
1. I heard that the different between M3 Real and M3 Simply(R4) does suppert CleanRom,PDA,Media Player.
PS.
i. M3 Simply(R4) is patch on the fly.
ii. I think the PDA is useless for foreign user,DS Organize is better.

2. I heard that M3 Real can NDS/GBA linkage with M3 Perfect.
Does M3 Simply(R4) will support ??

3.M3 real will have an RAM pack (optional) for play GBA and Opera.
Does M3 Simply(R4) will support ??
PS. the RAM pack information is from here.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=43010
===================================

By the way,the yyjoy have meant that M3 Real will not too expensive.
http://space.yyjoy.com/html/2/2.html

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
wow, that was some info...
edit; i wonder if they'll pass "the test" of that test rom...
It's always possible but I'd consider it highly unlikely for the M3. According to the author's notes(which I have no reason to doubt) the slot-1 protocol specifies a maximum random seek time that is much faster than anything NAND flash can do, only NOR flash, hard-printed ROMs and RAM can do it. If the M3 Real really is capable of running 1:1 without replacing any instructions to work around the slot-1 protocol, then the card is going to feature some sort of cache. Either it's going to be a small RAM cache to try to intelligently pre-fetch data, or a large RAM chip to hold the whole game. Otherwise if it's still a traditional controller + reader + NAND flash setup, then there doesn't seem to be any possible way for them to claim 100% compatibility.

The G6 will just be a M3 with the reader replaced with hard NAND flash chips. NOR isn't big enough(1Gbit max chip size), so there's just no other possibility.
What test rom are you talking about, and what are these author's notes you mention? Link?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
^ Yeah thats why i'm not assuming anything until we get some solid information on these carts.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
man this sucks, i brought a R4 last week and a new one comes out, well this time i won't be buying another one for a LOOOng time, I'm happy with the R4 I've spent too much on flash carts already, you wait another dam card will replace this one no doubt ¬_¬ save you cash!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
man this sucks, i brought a R4 last week and a new one comes out, well this time i won't be buying another one for a LOOOng time, I'm happy with the R4 I've spent too much on flash carts already, you wait another dam card will replace this one no doubt ¬_¬ save you cash!

TRUE STATEMENT!!!!
hate2.gif

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I just just about to buy an M3 Simply. Does anyone know about how long it might be before the M3 Real is released? If it might be within a month or so I might just wait and check it out, but otherwise I think I would go ahead and get an M3 Simply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can