Hacking New Ftpii 0.0.16 now with dvd/game disc support !

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
ftpii is an FTP server for the Nintendo Wii.

changelog:

20081126 0.0.16 Added support for wiimote power button.
Added SITE MOUNT and SITE UNMOUNT commands.
Added SITE EJECT command to eject DVD.
Added ISO9660 DVD support (libiso).
Added Wii Optical Disc image support (libwod).
Added Wii disc filesystem support (libfst). (thanks Nuke!)

you can now dump your games to your pc over ftp and like instert a dvd movie and then copy the movie to your pc

have fun
biggrin.gif

Download

this app is legend. legend i tell you. xD

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're damn right it is legend
smile.gif
Easily one of the most useful homebrew apps in my opinion. Saves me the trouble of ejecting and inserting my SD card over and over again, possibly wearing out or damaging the SD slot on my Wii.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FRanatic said:
Anyone willing to fill me in on how to dump a game with this app ??

I've got the ftp part installed and running just fine.
What else needs to be done and/or installed to dump games ?

Thanks

Just a small repost, but I feel like it's going to die out amongst all the praising you guys are expressing on this app. Which I by the way completely understand.
But please, could someone answer my question above ?

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this is all i figure out so far on how to rip games w/ ftpii
-----

1.) make sure you have dvdx installed and working...
2.) start up ftpii
3.) connect to the wii with your ftp client of choice
4.) now on your wiimote press the (B) button to get to the drive mount settings...
5.) now press the down button on the d-pad... to mount the dvd-rom drive in the wii...
6.) it will unmount it first.... (the drive does not show up for me in the begining) it will then ask you to press the (B) button to continue... or wait 30 seconds... and it mounts the drive...

A bit of info: I have only been able to mount an unprotected DVD movie I burnt... It comes up failed...
For dvd mount on everything else in the drive...

7.) refresh your connection to you wii in you ftp client...
8.) now you should see a folder called 'wod' double click this folder...
9.) when the folder opens you will see a file named: {disc name}.img
10.) transfer that to you pc... it will be an image file of whatever...

thats as far as I got... anyone else have any ideas or info to add let me know here and send me a pm that you responded...

-kitt050383

I really don't think the dvd dumping feature is fully implemented yet...

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total Commander all the way. I use Total Commander for everything. Before that it was Norton Commander for DOS until it went away. Are there actually hackers out there who don't use Total Commander as their shell/file manager???

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't this just use cios249? or perhaps a recompiled version?
httpd dumper can use that cios too to dump discs. I don't like to install too much custom stuff on my wii.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What install of the DVDx is it? Standard, Patchmii, Advanced cios### (249?)

I have tried standard install and no luck mounting and dvdx on cios249 takes a big dump when trying to mount dvd.

I have tried a couple copies thinking my .dol was corrupted or something... it's not...

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I went to the googke source site for Ftpii and so it seems that there is a common problem with it dumping DVDs... I believe the coder commented back saying that he has fixed this problem and will release it in a few days?

Here is the actual link that I saw it in...
http://code.google.com/p/ftpii/issues/deta...ority%20Summary

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Allright. This is what I did:

I grabbed a copy of the dvdx installer from this thread and installed it with HBC.
I then booted ftpii and connected it to my laptop through FileZilla.

When it established the connection I hit 'B' and chose 'Down' on the d-pad to mount a new dvd (it first unmounts)
Then instead of waiting 30 secs to let it mount again, I hit 'B' (as prompted) to mount immediately.

Now ftpii mounted ONLY the wod folder. The fts and iso9660 failed.
Once mounted I refreshed FileZilla and the wod folder showed up in the remote site.
I opened the folder and there was the correct .iso. A simple drag and drop started the dump, which didn't fall under 500 kbps.

That's what I did. Good luck to the rest of ya !

@kitt050383: You won't be recieving this through PM, since it's posted here. Hope you don't mind.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
FRanatic said:
Allright. This is what I did:

I grabbed a copy of the dvdx installer from this thread and installed it with HBC.
I then booted ftpii and connected it to my laptop through FileZilla.

When it established the connection I hit 'B' and chose 'Down' on the d-pad to mount a new dvd (it first unmounts)
Then instead of waiting 30 secs to let it mount again, I hit 'B' (as prompted) to mount immediately.

Now ftpii mounted ONLY the wod folder. The fts and iso9660 failed.
Once mounted I refreshed FileZilla and the wod folder showed up in the remote site.
I opened the folder and there was the correct .iso. A simple drag and drop started the dump, which didn't fall under 500 kbps.

That's what I did. Good luck to the rest of ya !

@kitt050383: You won't be recieving this through PM, since it's posted here. Hope you don't mind.

Ok I did exactly that. And I am now officially transferring it to a folder on my pc. Speed with Total Commander is still only 440 kbs. Which is no faster than Wan's ISO Dumper. Hmmm.... Just wandering if it would be faster to try and use Total Commander to transfer it from /wod to /sd (providing the sdcard is big enough) Anyone tried that?? Also when I did do the exact thing home come it said unable to mount /dvd and the other / it was trying? Is it searching for a regular DVD format?
I guess...

Anyways...thanks... and make sure that you uninstalll the dvdx stub if you had it installed in Advanced under a different cios. And then reinstall it is standard install.

Overall... I was hoping to get faster speeds from this... I am wandering is this because of the Wii drive read speeds? Seems like I have had faster speeds over my home network.... and I can download games off the internet faster than this.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IronMask said:
..... Hmmm.... Just wandering if it would be faster to try and use Total Commander to transfer it from /wod to /sd (providing the sdcard is big enough) Anyone tried that??

That would double up the total time I guess. First you'll need to dump the game to sd, then when that is done you'll need to transfer it to pc. So any speed-up will be lost in the process.

QUOTE(IronMask @ Dec 16 2008, 11:57 AM) Overall... I was hoping to get faster speeds from this... I am wandering is this because of the Wii drive read speeds? Seems like I have had faster speeds over my home network.... and I can download games off the internet faster than this.

My guess is the speed is limited by the networking hardware in the Wii. Seems like the only logical explanation to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...