Homebrew New Forwarders, With USB2.0 speed!

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@newyears1978 - hope it works for you

On topic i've done some small tests now with the new IOS202, the forwarders do not need to be updated too, they still work. I've tested them all they all seem to be fine, Only hiccup i found was wiixplorer if you select return to loader it black screens or code dumps, return to menu still works fine. But i dont know if this has to do with wiixplorer recent updates or IOS202. Can anyone else reproduce this with older IOS202 or new one as well?

Also looks like my snes9xgx is code dumping when you pull up the save/load menu inside a game, again i dont know if this is cause of the update or new IOS202.

newyears1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
@newyears1978 - hope it works for you

On topic i've done some small tests now with the new IOS202, the forwarders do not need to be updated too, they still work. I've tested them all they all seem to be fine, Only hiccup i found was wiixplorer if you select return to loader it black screens or code dumps, return to menu still works fine. But i dont know if this has to do with wiixplorer recent updates or IOS202. Can anyone else reproduce this with older IOS202 or new one as well?

Also looks like my snes9xgx is code dumping when you pull up the save/load menu inside a game, again i dont know if this is cause of the update or new IOS202.

It worked! Thanks, works perfectly now, reads USB on bootup with the forwarder also.

Also on topic, thanks for the forwarder, love it!

newyears1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay now it's not working again.

Same thing as before...it worked yesterday..today I come home and it doesn't work. It keeps saying it can't find the USB drive...

SamSpade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Thats all for now, WiiFlow one will have to wait, it gets additional treatment
wink.gif
Hey Skater4599,

Did you ever post your modified source for the usb2 forwarder anywhere 'cause I'd like to get a copy to create my own for WiiFlow, if you please...

(I'd also like to remove any sd card checking and head directly to the usb drive for my personal use...)

THANKS!
-ss-

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamSpade said:
Skater4599 said:
Thats all for now, WiiFlow one will have to wait, it gets additional treatment
wink.gif
Hey Skater4599,

Did you ever post your modified source for the usb2 forwarder anywhere 'cause I'd like to get a copy to create my own for WiiFlow, if you please...

(I'd also like to remove any sd card checking and head directly to the usb drive for my personal use...)

THANKS!
-ss-

I did actually send my modified source but im actually changing some things around atm, if all you want is a forwarder to wiiflow you can easily use wiimc's without any issues for now. My wiiflow one is almost done, With Miigotu's help I've added the passing of arguments from nforwarder so you can now use the wiimote to load wiiflow with different IOS's, and I made a nice splash based on spayrosams "Welcome to WiiFlow" one. Its currently working 100% but i wanted to optimize a few things. Some people have actually been dl'ing it from the dev wiiflow google page where its stored and self compiling/handing out dols before its done... not to happy about that... At any rate it will be out soon, I actually started making a new wiiflow channel with new graphics matching the new icon.png as a default, for all of us default theme users, since other themes have there own matching channels
tongue.gif
But my time is limited atm, my work has changed.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!! Could i do a request? pleaseeee
biggrin.gif

Now im using priiloader to autoboot into usbloader and its fantastic and fast to play, however its a little bit anoing because when i want to go to system menu or hbc its a problem for me
frown.gif
(because priiloader reboot into usbloader again and again...)

I was thinking about a forwarder with diferents options (for ex hbc, system menu, Usbloader, Uloader) depending of the presset botton (or default)
There are thread about something similar:
This one?

I tried to modify it, but ... obviouslly without coding knoledge is dificult... (well its supposed just to change a path)

And well... to load HBC is supposed to be:
SifJar said:
NEO117 said:
The 4 letter one yeah (¯Õ)

Never mind... The thing is randomly generated and it won't accept it as a valid ID.
No its not randomly generated, and title IDs are not 4 letters. ASCII representations of title IDs are 4 letters. The actual title ID is 8 (well, 16 if you count the 00010002 part, which just defines it as a channel essentially) hex digits. And it is, for latest HBC, 0xaf1bf516. So the full thing for the above code would be:

CODEWII_LaunchTitle(0x00010002af1bf516ULL); //Change this line to title ID

I was thinking in a splash similar to:
splashz.jpg

Thanks in advance

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sr_corsario said:
Hello!! Could i do a request? pleaseeee
biggrin.gif

Now im using priiloader to autoboot into usbloader and its fantastic and fast to play, however its a little bit anoing because when i want to go to system menu or hbc its a problem for me
frown.gif
(because priiloader reboot into usbloader again and again...)

I was thinking about a forwarder with diferents options (for ex hbc, system menu, Usbloader, Uloader) depending of the presset botton (or default)
There are thread about something similar:
This one?

I tried to modify it, but ... obviouslly without coding knoledge is dificult... (well its supposed just to change a path)

And well... to load HBC is supposed to be:
SifJar said:
NEO117 said:
The 4 letter one yeah (¯Õ)

Never mind... The thing is randomly generated and it won't accept it as a valid ID.
No its not randomly generated, and title IDs are not 4 letters. ASCII representations of title IDs are 4 letters. The actual title ID is 8 (well, 16 if you count the 00010002 part, which just defines it as a channel essentially) hex digits. And it is, for latest HBC, 0xaf1bf516. So the full thing for the above code would be:

CODEWII_LaunchTitle(0x00010002af1bf516ULL); //Change this line to title ID

I was thinking in a splash similar to:
splashz.jpg

Thanks in advance

Actually i think i can do this, I can get it to recognize the button presses easily, I just have to figure out the commands to launch new HBC and SM from priiloader (im guessing i can find that in its own source code) But my time is very limited at this time, But i will give it a go for you. Which USB loader aside from uloader do you want for UP? Wiiflow?

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Ouu nice! Thanks!!

I use Uloader and Configurable Usb-loader.

sd:/apps/uloader/boot.dol
usb:/apps/uloader/boot.dol

sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
usb:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started this today, I got all the apps working based on which button is being pushed and it works great, only thing i cant get working is loading the HBC, code above did not work for me, it reset to the SM. Priiloader source code on google code has not been updated so i cant see how they did it, Once thats done I will post it here for you along with source for anyone else interested, it would be VERY easy to make/add new paths/button combos etc with it. All with same benefits like USB 2.0 etc
biggrin.gif

Todo:
Make new splash
Fix loading HBC
Code cleanup/optimizations

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Wonderfull!! im very excited!! thanks a lot!!

On the cfg thread:
QUOTE said:
30-07-2010 cfg v57b9 (beta9)
* Added ID of 1.07 HBC to launch functions. (Clipper)
* Allowed hex values for options that can specify a channel ID
so the new HBC is supported. Value for HBC 1.07 is AF1BF516. (Clipper)

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
Bladexdsl said:
any screens?

Hmm im not really sure what kind of screens you want? Its jut a forwarder no full GUI or something to show off. It should be done soon though anyway (I hope) so anyone can have it if they want
smile.gif

mmm Im gona ask a favor to friend to do a splash... which resolution do you need?

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sr_corsario said:
Skater4599 said:
Bladexdsl said:
any screens?

Hmm im not really sure what kind of screens you want? Its jut a forwarder no full GUI or something to show off. It should be done soon though anyway (I hope) so anyone can have it if they want
smile.gif

mmm Im gona ask a favor to friend to do a splash... which resolution do you need?

Sounds good
smile.gif
resolution is 640x480 and in .png format

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Skater4599 said:
Bladexdsl said:
any screens?

smile.gif
the screens of the forwarders wii menu box and splash when you click it are they animated etc?

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Skater4599 said:
Bladexdsl said:
any screens?

smile.gif
the screens of the forwarders wii menu box and splash when you click it are they animated etc?

This is not a channel, its a dol forwarder for use with priiloader so it needs no banners/icon etc. You could however use this with a channel, in which case i would just have it point to different apps (Emulators for example) and you could easily add more than 4 different options

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
@ sr_corsario - If no button is held, Where do you want it to auto load too?

Well, for me, it will be nice to autoload Cfg Usbloader, however on the "old" thread, the "multiforwarders" used a config file (on sd or usb device) in order to change the default option easylly.

About the splash... my friend is still out with a girl ¬¬ probably will arrive tired xD but will do it.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...