Hacking New firmware coming out soon... with Youtube, Netflix support

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can Nintendo add Youtube and Netflix without an updated firmware?
believe it or not we've gotten software in the past without updating the console
turns out the nintendo switch has a secret functionality enabled that permits downloading of content onto the device to use it
this functionality isn't even tied to the system software, if you can believe it
science_amazing_english.png

Nincompoopdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
believe it or not we've gotten software in the past without updating the console
turns out the nintendo switch has a secret functionality enabled that permits downloading of content onto the device to use it
this functionality isn't even tied to the system software, if you can believe it
science_amazing_english.png

So Nintendo sideloaded stuff into the system eh? If they smuggled things into their system it's ok but if other devs did it they would be banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you really that bored with your life that you gotta come here and troll. Pretty sure you're the same person that was posting that they had SX Pro already. Could a mod lock this topic and preferably suspend this idiot?

You wouldn't be here if you're not bored. :lol: We are all bored waiting... like Jack Sparrow waiting to drink those rum he downloaded.

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side load or not, it is just something they can upload to the eShop. If it needs extra capability it coulda been put in a while back with hulu, there could also be an updated, who knows.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Nintendo sideloaded stuff into the system eh? If they smuggled things into their system it's ok but if other devs did it they would be banned.
i
i'm not a hundred percent certain you're kidding and that's worrying
just in case;
If it does release, it'll be an app on the Nintendo E-Shop like it is on every other console. It will not be hardloaded into the console or packaged with it.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People on Nintendo E3 chat on gamespot are saying walmart canada leaked youtube and netflix on the switch as well just like bustbuy. I think there may be some truth to it now.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People on Nintendo E3 chat on gamespot are saying walmart canada leaked youtube and netflix on the switch as well just like bustbuy. I think there may be some truth to it now.
>removes browser due to history as an exploit
>removes themes due to history as an exploit
Does this mean Nintendo will stop supporting 3rd party retailers?

Reactions: leerpsp
D

Deleted User

wifi-tethering will go through the roof if it's true :P
That's already how I get internet when not at the folks home. Wifi tethering is a gift from the gods! (and thank christ I have unlimited 4G with no tethering restrictions!)

Last edited by , , Reason: Minor correction
Reactions: linuxares

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>removes browser due to history as an exploit
>removes themes due to history as an exploit
Does this mean Nintendo will stop supporting 3rd party retailers?
I really like your comment :yay:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's already how I get internet when at the folks home. Wifi tethering is a gift from the gods! (and thank christ I have unlimited 4G with no tethering restrictions!)
Me too kinda but after 25gb they cut my speed so no use in me trying to use it for the switch.

Reactions: Draxzelex

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh man, can't wait to watch half a movie on the switch.
Even with a resource-heavy game, like BotW, you can get 3 hours of battery life (which is already plenty enough to watch a film). And video streaming isn't resource-heavy at all, so you could probably get at least double that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...