New FFXV gameplay footage

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They're going with God Mode characters again - this trend got old after The Matrix. If the characters are also whiny like every single character from Cloud Strife onwards, it's a rental. I like the fighting system though - looks fun, but they should tone down the sparkles. Destructible environment is a big plus, it showcases the capabilities of the new consoles and looks gorgeous. Overall, this seems like a 50/50 mix - it might be good if the story and the characters will manage to carry the game - it would be nice to have an adventure again instead of wandering in a hallway of pre-ordained fate.

Reactions: Langin

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Being like KH is what make this FF so fucking awesome! Turn based RPGs are old school now. After playing all FFXIII I couldnt go back to FFX/X-2 because now I feel it so boring and stupid. I love this Action/RPG style is A lot more better.

Same with Brevealy Default. I cant go back to that Battle System anymore. RPGs have evolved to a beter thing.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Being like KH is what make this FF so fucking awesome! Turn based RPGs are old school now. After playing all FFXIII I couldnt go back to FFX/X-2 because now I feel it so boring and stupid. I love this Action/RPG style is A lot more better.

Same with Brevealy Default. I cant go back to that Battle System anymore. RPGs have evolved to a beter thing.
I respectfully disagree. Tolerate this and every game will eventually be a FPS.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn based RPGs are old school now.
Huh? There are still plenty of turn-based RPGs being made.

Same with Brevealy Default. I cant go back to that Battle System anymore.
Bravely Default isn't really a shining example of a good turn-based RPG, same with FFX-2

RPGs have evolved to a beter thing.
Even though Final Fantasy has never been the best example of this turn-based RPGs like most turn-based games require thought and people enjoy that.
Where as mostly action RPGs focus on less on thought.

I really don't see how a genre that started off on putting a focus on thought/planning and eventually straying off into that area in favor of button mashing is "evolving to a beter thing"

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're going with God Mode characters again - this trend got old after The Matrix. If the characters are also whiny like every single character from Cloud Strife onwards, it's a rental. I like the fighting system though - looks fun, but they should tone down the sparkles. Destructible environment is a big plus, it showcases the capabilities of the new consoles and looks gorgeous. Overall, this seems like a 50/50 mix - it might be good if the story and the characters will manage to carry the game - it would be nice to have an adventure again instead of wandering in a hallway of pre-ordained fate.

"God Mode" characters are fine if they play it right. See Asura's Wrath.

Issue is that Final Fantasy hasn't played anything right for many years and odds are the characters will be broody or obnoxiously cocky.

The combat looks like it could be fun but it's wrapped in this shit aesthetic that is Final Fantasy and flashy doesn't mean good. God of War is flashy but the combat isn't exactly deep.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"God Mode" characters are fine if they play it right. See Asura's Wrath.

Issue is that Final Fantasy hasn't played anything right for many years and odds are the characters will be broody or obnoxiously cocky.

The combat looks like it could be fun but it's wrapped in this shit aesthetic that is Final Fantasy and flashy doesn't mean good. God of War is flashy but the combat isn't exactly deep.
God Mode-ing is fine in some games and detrimental in others. You expect Kratos to kick ass because he's a demigod, in Final Fantasy you need to face some reasonable challenge to motivate you to level up. If the only difficulty is tracking the amount of enemies on-screen then there is no real difficulty on the side of the character, no struggle and no will for character development because you kick ass either way - role playing elements suffer. Then again, now I'm just blaming JRPG's for being bad RPG's, as if that wasn't common practice as of late. :rofl2:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have nothing to add to this thread other than:

Zidane (IX) and Vaan (XII) disagree with your statement

Never played IX so I don't know Zidane, Vaan looks like a dumbass. If anything, I would've said Auron - he had a sh*tty backstory, but he wasn't a whiny little b*tch about it for the most part.

Speaking of Zidane in Final Fantasy...

iR6t8mn.gif

I am so old... :mellow:

Looks like kingdumb hearts. And Kingdumb hearts is why we cant have nice things.
EDIT: Now a thread where we call Kingdom Hearts names.

Keep'em coming, guys! :yay:

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This is fantasy based on reality."

The fuck are you smoking, Square Enix?

Also, why do our three main characters appear to be misplaced members of the Backstreet Boys? Will we at least get a jaunty musical interlude? Is the backstreet back? Is it alright?

So many questions...

Reactions: GameWinner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ