New FFXV gameplay footage

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say this is new footage with the exception of a 2 seconds towards the end(him swimming in the water and seeing that blue dragon creature) Its all taken from the same fight we have seen over and over again, it is slightly different but overall the same. Still looks cool if it ever get released.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like kingdumb hearts. And Kingdumb hearts is why we cant have nice things.
That's probably related to the team behind Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 being supposed to work on this. (which in turn caused massive delays for KH3) I'm not sure whether that's still a thing but chances are it is.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ElYubiYubi

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At least KH1 and 2 weren't all THAT bad... But if I dont have to see it leaking elsewhere, that would be nice.
The production of Final Fantasy XV started shortly before its unveiling at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade fair in May 2006, where it was announced for the PlayStation 3 under its original title Final Fantasy Versus XIII.[24] Director Tetsuya Nomura conceived the game's concept and base story and collaborated with Roberto Ferrari on its character designs.[25][26] Hajime Tabata is the co-director and Takeshi Nozue is in charge of all visual aspects, such as the cutscenes.[2][27] Shinji Hashimoto is producing, Kazushige Nojima is writing the scenario and Yoko Shimomura is composing the soundtrack.[2][25] The game is currently being developed by Square Enix's 1st Production Department,[1] with the Kingdom Hearts II team in charge of the in-game action and the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children crew handling the pre-rendered movies.[28] Voice casting for the game began in 2010.[29]
Design

Nomura intended Final Fantasy XV to be a heavy departure from his lighthearted Kingdom Hearts series.[30]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV#cite_note-level_magazine-30
So yeah, you can bet on KH-ish gameplay at least. The director is also the KH3 director and a fan of Cloud Strife. Make of that what you will.

Reactions: Celice

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV#cite_note-level_magazine-30
So yeah, you can bet on KH-ish gameplay at least. The director is also the KH3 director and a fan of Cloud Strife. Make of that what you will.
Dont you guys remember the first trailer we saw of it? It clearly says something like "From the Team of Kingdom Hearts" or something among the lines and that has been confirmed several times before. And the director is Tetsuya Nomura so...YEAH IT WILL PLAY LIKE KH

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
At least KH1 and 2 weren't all THAT bad... But if I dont have to see it leaking elsewhere, that would be nice.

Maybe KH I but KH II was a mess plot-wise. Days and RE:Coded is what broke the camel's back for me though.

As for this game, it has all the trappings of being yet another decisive Final Fantasy title. It's being handled by the same team would developed Kingdom Hearts. So there's going to be awkward characters interactions, prolonged pointless monologues, next to no character development for important characters, unchallenging gameplay and to top it all off, it's using the same mythos as Final Fantasy XIII. So we can also throw in pretentious pronouns that no will understand unless they've played the previous games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. The extended development time doesn't ease my doubts either. So I'm not expecting much here.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Never played IX so I don't know Zidane, Vaan looks like a dumbass. If anything, I would've said Auron - he had a sh*tty backstory, but he wasn't a whiny little b*tch about it for the most part.

Speaking of Zidane in Final Fantasy...

*snippity snooty*

I am so old... :mellow:

EDIT: Now a thread where we call Kingdom Hearts names.

Keep'em coming, guys! :yay:

Play IX dammit :angry: It was, like, the last good FF game :angry:

Also, Kingdumb Farts :teach:

Reactions: Celice

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hate the look of this ff has always been a turn based deal (apart from 12) hate the run around level up crap

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eh, I've never been able to stand turn based games unless they spice it up a bit like Bowser's Inside Story - the single exception ever being Chrono Trigger. On the other hand I kind of like playing Kingdom Hearts every once in a while so for me this is only a good thing.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You guys are judging a game without even playing it. Im all for ARPG and hate the Turn Base crap. Look at Tales of and how good they are. And everyone praised the Battle System of Lightning Returns. Traditional Turn Base FF will never come again at least not a main one.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not looking forward to the game particularly. I haven't been interested in Final Fantasy since it became pet-projects and Gaidens, essentially. FFXI was an experiment in a lucrative and profitable field. FFXIV tried to copy that.

FFXII is an Ivalice game hiding under the brand name, making it a pet project of the director and writers more than its own standalone game. I wouldn't magically accept Vandal Hearts as Final Fantasy VIII--at least FF Tactics had the balls to accept it wasn't a part of the series as much as it was its own spinoff. No need to force it back in, but that's what they've gone and done with FFXV now, a project that was made by a certain director for a certain ethos, and now it's been slapped with a Final Fantasy tattoo.

At least we have Bravely Default and its sequel. Final Fantasy as a series essentially, like many Japanese series, forgot what the hell it was doing and self-devoured.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte