Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
First of all, it seems you didn't understand the differences between all those real videogame systems out there. They use different CPU's, GPU's, SPU's with different MHz, GHz, different command sets in the CPU's etc. I guess you're not really after emulating but porting or converting a game (or even rewrite the code from scratch) to the Wii. That was a dream I had years ago with my Commodore Amiga emulating the Sega Mega Drive (Sega Genesis) hence they have both 68k CPU's. So I always thought: Hey, why not run 68k code of the Mega Drive natively on the Amiga's 68k CPU? And in the end I accepted that this is not really that easy and nearly impossible.

Do you really want all those systems emulated on Wii? Then you have to wait for a miracle (that will never happen). Sorry to ne harsh like that, but this is the sad reality. By the way, I liked you game selection screen. I guess something like that could be don for USBLoader GX.

If you Could decompile the PSP Game ROM(s) and then Edit all the Scripts or Convert them to C or C++ then everything should work.
Also, a Dreamcast Emulator would be nice, since it's only slightly less powerful than the GC, and it runs a Windows based Programming Langs (C, C++, C#). It should be rather easy, since you could Just port over Emu's like Reicast. And the Wii runs on C, mostly.

Dreamcast Specs:

Media CD, Mini CD, 1 GB GD-ROM
CPU Hitachi SH-4 32-bit RISCclocked at 200 MHz
Memory RAM 16 MB, GPU 8 MB
Storage 128 Kbyte VMU
Display
Graphics 100 MHz PowerVR2 (integrated with the system'sASIC)

Wii Specs:

Media 12 cm Wii Optical Disc
8 cm Nintendo GameCube Game Disc
Operating system Wii system software
CPU IBM PowerPC "Broadway" [13]729 MHz (unconfirmed)
Memory 88MB (total), 24MB MoSys 1T-SRAM, 324MHZ, 2.7GB/s bandwidth
Storage 512 MB Internal flash memory
SD card, SDHC card
Nintendo GameCube Memory Card
Graphics ATI "Hollywood" 243 MHz (unconfirmed)
Controller input Wii Remote (Plus), Wii Balance Board, Nintendo GameCube controller,Nintendo DS[14]
Connectivity Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth

Wii U Spec:

Media
Physical and digital[show]
Operating system Wii U system software
CPU 1.24 GHz Tri-Core IBM PowerPC"Espresso"
Memory 2 GB DDR3
Storage Internal flash memory:
8 GB (Basic Set) / 32 GB (Deluxe Set)
SD/SDHC card
USB storage device
Display
Video output formats[show]
Wii U GamePad (FWVGA)
Graphics 550 MHz AMD Radeon "Latte"
Sound 5.1 Linear PCM, Analog stereo
Controller input
Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller,

Wii Remote (Plus)[show]
Camera 1.3 Megapixels (Wii U GamePad)
Touchpad Resistive touchscreen (Wii U GamePad)
Connectivity Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0[4]
4 × USB 2.0

PSP Specs:

Media UMD, digital distribution
Operating system PlayStation Portable system software
CPU 333 MHz MIPS R4000
Memory 32 MB (PSP-1000); 64 MB (2000, 3000, Go, E1000)
Storage Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro (for PSP Go)
Display 480 × 272 pixels with 16,777,216 colors, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD, 3.8 in (97 mm) (PSP GO), 4.3 in (110 mm) (All other models)
Sound Stereo speakers, Mono speaker (PSP-E1000), microphone (PSP-3000, PSP Go), 3.5 mm headphone jack
Connectivity Wi-Fi (802.11b),[4] IrDA (PSP-1000), USB,Bluetooth (PSP Go)

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you Could decompile the PSP Game ROM(s) and then Edit all the Scripts or Convert them to C or C++ then everything should work.
Also, a Dreamcast Emulator would be nice, since it's only slightly less powerful than the GC, and it runs a Windows based Programming Langs (C, C++, C#). It should be rather easy, since you could Just port over Emu's like Reicast. And the Wii runs on C, mostly.

Dreamcast Specs:

Media CD, Mini CD, 1 GB GD-ROM
CPU Hitachi SH-4 32-bit RISCclocked at 200 MHz
Memory RAM 16 MB, GPU 8 MB
Storage 128 Kbyte VMU
Display
Graphics 100 MHz PowerVR2 (integrated with the system'sASIC)

Wii Specs:

Media 12 cm Wii Optical Disc
8 cm Nintendo GameCube Game Disc
Operating system Wii system software
CPU IBM PowerPC "Broadway" [13]729 MHz (unconfirmed)
Memory 88MB (total), 24MB MoSys 1T-SRAM, 324MHZ, 2.7GB/s bandwidth
Storage 512 MB Internal flash memory
SD card, SDHC card
Nintendo GameCube Memory Card
Graphics ATI "Hollywood" 243 MHz (unconfirmed)
Controller input Wii Remote (Plus), Wii Balance Board, Nintendo GameCube controller,Nintendo DS[14]
Connectivity Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth

Wii U Spec:

Media
Physical and digital[show]
Operating system Wii U system software
CPU 1.24 GHz Tri-Core IBM PowerPC"Espresso"
Memory 2 GB DDR3
Storage Internal flash memory:
8 GB (Basic Set) / 32 GB (Deluxe Set)
SD/SDHC card
USB storage device
Display
Video output formats[show]
Wii U GamePad (FWVGA)
Graphics 550 MHz AMD Radeon "Latte"
Sound 5.1 Linear PCM, Analog stereo
Controller input
Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller,

Wii Remote (Plus)[show]
Camera 1.3 Megapixels (Wii U GamePad)
Touchpad Resistive touchscreen (Wii U GamePad)
Connectivity Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0[4]
4 × USB 2.0

PSP Specs:

Media UMD, digital distribution
Operating system PlayStation Portable system software
CPU 333 MHz MIPS R4000
Memory 32 MB (PSP-1000); 64 MB (2000, 3000, Go, E1000)
Storage Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro (for PSP Go)
Display 480 × 272 pixels with 16,777,216 colors, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD, 3.8 in (97 mm) (PSP GO), 4.3 in (110 mm) (All other models)
Sound Stereo speakers, Mono speaker (PSP-E1000), microphone (PSP-3000, PSP Go), 3.5 mm headphone jack
Connectivity Wi-Fi (802.11b),[4] IrDA (PSP-1000), USB,Bluetooth (PSP Go)

Sorry, but you didn't understand the physics of machine code. Decompiling will give you a very nice assembly code, which is not C or C++ or anything near it. If you have the original sources from the programmers, then you can do what you said there. Just compile it for the Wii. But there are still so many stuff you have to alter and change to get it to run on the Wii system. Do you think a straight C++ code from PC will run on Wii when compiled for it? No! Sadly no! If that would be the case, life would be really easier. But it's obviously not. It's like putting clothes in the dishwasher and expect it to wash it the same like the washing machine does.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii really doesn't have the power. Maybe it's possible to get Dreamcast emulation to run at a playable speed, but it would require so much more talent and time than any sane coder will put into it. Remember, this is a hobby, not a job, they wouldn't make money off of the emulator (outside of maybe some donations). If you want newer emulators on the Wii and RetroArch isn't good enough for you, then you'll probably have to make it happen. It's not hard to learn to code, just google around.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii really doesn't have the power. Maybe it's possible to get Dreamcast emulation to run at a playable speed, but it would require so much more talent and time than any sane coder will put into it. Remember, this is a hobby, not a job, they wouldn't make money off of the emulator (outside of maybe some donations). If you want newer emulators on the Wii and RetroArch isn't good enough for you, then you'll probably have to make it happen. It's not hard to learn to code, just google around.
Yes, that's practically it. To improve or to have other emulators that hadn't happened yet (32x is a good ole' example), new coders are gonna have to make them real, right from the start.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's practically it. To improve or to have other emulators that hadn't happened yet (32x is a good ole' example), new coders are gonna have to make them real, right from the start.
Yep, and why would they want to put that much work into an older, underpowered console? Yeah, it's still the most powerful completely opened up console, but with HTPCs and open Android set-top boxes, consoles are starting to lose traction for couch emulation. I mean, sure, price wise they still can't compete with the Wii, but you'd have to find a poor developer with the skills and interest.

Last edited by TecXero,

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States

That's not emulation, that's porting.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, and why would they want to put that much work into an older, underpowered console? Yeah, it's still the most powerful completely opened up console, but with HTPCs and open Android set-top boxes, consoles are starting to lose traction for couch emulation. I mean, sure, price wise they still can't compete with the Wii, but you'd have to find a poor developer with the skills and interest.
At the price point of the Wii currently, no Android console nor HTPC can emulate Wii/Gamecube as perfect as the real console, and that's something you have to deal, or else make a superior choice (not even the Raspberry Pie can top this). Programmers do it because they like challenges, not lame "homebrew fame" for developing on the latest console. I'm sure you limit your view of the world to just the USA, but outside it's a different game. There are many talented people that begin their own projects on this old and affordable consoles, and later port their work to the next gen, the best example being the entire prolific Gamecube scene, that perdures to this day. If everybody thought like you, we wouldn't even have a Game Boy Player Software replacement that already outperforms everything that the original disc, made by Nintendo itself, could never do. Now that's what you call talent and interest, regardless of the "next-gen power".

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the price point of the Wii currently, no Android console nor HTPC can emulate Wii/Gamecube as perfect as the real console, and that's something you have to deal, or else make a superior choice (not even the Raspberry Pie can top this). Programmers do it because they like challenges, not lame "homebrew fame" for developing on the latest console. I'm sure you limit your view of the world to just the USA, but outside it's a different game. There are many talented people that begin their own projects on this old and affordable consoles, and later port their work to the next gen, the best example being the entire prolific Gamecube scene, that perdures to this day. If everybody thought like you, we wouldn't even have a Game Boy Player Software replacement that already outperforms everything that the original disc, made by Nintendo itself, could never do. Now that's what you call talent and interest, regardless of the "next-gen power".
Yeah, Wii still does Wii and NGC games the best (with Nintendont), that's why I have it hooked up alongside my HTPC. Anyway, we were discussing about it in terms of emulation. As for just overall homebrew development, sure there are exceptions. Hell, even the Dreamcast is still getting love. My point was that the people interested in developing emulators for the Wii has severely dwindled and people shouldn't be holding their breath for emulation to get that much better on the Wii, if at all.

Also, the Raspberry Pi 2 has surpassed the Wii in the ways that count for emulation. I'm interested in what people will be doing with it as people getting better at optimizing code for it. Still not as cheap as a used Wii, but it's getting there.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Wii still does Wii and NGC games the best (with Nintendont), that's why I have it hooked up alongside my HTPC. Anyway, we were discussing about it in terms of emulation. As for just overall homebrew development, sure there are exceptions. Hell, even the Dreamcast is still getting love. My point was that the people interested in developing emulators for the Wii has severely dwindled and people shouldn't be holding their breath for emulation to get that much better on the Wii, if at all.
Yeah, that's right. Let's say it's not about hope for more to come, but more like "if you want it, make it happen already". I mean, at least the Wii received an awesome full speed GBA emulator, who knows if maybe the new WiiSXR gets traction, and Not64 gets the final (and already completed, just not released) awaited update.

Also, the Raspberry Pi 2 has surpassed the Wii in the ways that count for emulation. I'm interested in what people will be doing with it as people getting better at optimizing code for it. Still not as cheap as a used Wii, but it's getting there.
Yeah, i was leased one the other day by a friend, and i am interested too in this nice piece of all-in-one hardware. It's certainly getting there (N64 and PSX generation still struggle a bit), but much works need to be done yet.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's right. Let's say it's not about hope for more to come, but more like "if you want it, make it happen already". I mean, at least the Wii received an awesome full speed GBA emulator, who knows if maybe the new WiiSXR gets traction, and Not64 gets the final (and already completed, just not released) awaited update.
Yeah, I'm on board with that idea. If you want something, homebrew wise, nothing is really stopping someone from developing it themselves, as a lot of the tools already exist and there are plenty of decent free tutorial for learning C++. There are plenty of other languages people can easily learn, but typically C++ is a homebrewer's best friend.
Yeah, i was leased one the other day by a friend, and i am interested too in this nice piece of all-in-one hardware. It's certainly getting there (N64 and PSX generation still struggle a bit), but much works need to be done yet.
Agreed. It's nowhere to the level of a good HTPC, but it's very portable and easy to set up. A friend recently got a Pi 2 and was thinking about setting it up in his car with some gamepads and a couple of screens.

Reactions: sindrik

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So for a while I gave up this topic and thought my idea was stupid , now I got here and saw that this topic has gained a new life and I was happy , but I have to be honest with you .

I'll send the real to you, if anyone here knows about truth programming and not ctlr + c and ctrl + v wikipedia , and want to try, we nintendo wii players will be very grateful as we get wii64 developer, wiisx , mgba , VGBA and so on , where thanks to these true masters I could personally enjoy maravailhosas experiences in the wii like final fantasy 7 , mother 3 , castlevania symphnoy of the night , star fox 64 , Sonic 3 and so on.

The Wii may have emulators psp and dreamcast ? yes of course, but by no means a single reason SLOTH . Earlier this topic came people like the illustrious " captainHIT " that envés to prove me with photos, videos and images that it was not possible to run these doi consoles the Wii , only brought information that is ctrl + c and ctrl + v wikipedia , or is, people who do not have the minimum in programção and think only this information is enough for anything out of the paper. And although the first developers of twlighthack did not have access to people like this because otherwise the wii NEVER had this vastisão games running on the console.

I agree that only we can do the same emulators that we , as developers got tired of challenges and decided to make their applications to the platform just how far a dog without all fours can program , ie in android . Because who wants to challenge is not true , if I have everything in hand.

Sorry if I was rude, but just got tired of that Mimi can not mimi the GPU to CPU not allow and this pile of useless junk that only serve to discourage a player who has a ray of hope of not having to buy a thousand platforms to enjoy the games he wants to play . Well the Wii 's life ended in the market and developing new brews also know that there will be in history a console that emulates much as the Wii , but still make the most of .

Last edited by Draguna,

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and this pile of useless junk that only serve to discourage a player who has a ray of hope of not having to buy a thousand platforms to enjoy the games he wants to play
Learn programming and each and everyone of those consoles not emulated could be brought by you to the Wii & Wii U! That way, we all win :D

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After the outburst propose something to you forum , what if we were to get in touch with all current and those homebrew developers for Wii so that at least they finish the homwbrews who began to do ?

I will talk a fact with you , of homebrew for Wii has only two that I know who are truly finished being the fceugx , and that runs MasterSystem games, megadrive and segacd . The rest or have faults, or can not even be called emulators because it does not run or the basics.

I tried alone a contact with all these developers but did not get a reply to any of them , so let us join and try to change something or continue waiting for the "goodwill" of someone feel sorry the people and give a improvement in emulators we like ? now is the time and there?

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After the outburst propose something to you forum , what if we were to get in touch with all current and those homebrew developers for Wii so that at least they finish the homwbrews who began to do ?

I will talk a fact with you , of homebrew for Wii has only two that I know who are truly finished being the fceugx , and that runs MasterSystem games, megadrive and segacd . The rest or have faults, or can not even be called emulators because it does not run or the basics.

I tried alone a contact with all these developers but did not get a reply to any of them , so let us join and try to change something or continue waiting for the "goodwill" of someone feel sorry the people and give a improvement in emulators we like ? now is the time and there?

Dude, I'm not copying and pasting anything from any place or site. I'm a coder since my childhood (started to code with COBOL on C64 in 1989!) and I'm very deep into coding since C64 and Commodore Amiga times. What you are asking makes no sense because you don't know the mathemathics and physics of computers. You said "Wii runs on C". Do you even know what that means? Wii is not running on C! You can use your C compiler to code things for Wii because the libraries which are needed support the C language and are written for this. But if you happen to own a software development kit (SDK) Wii directly sold by Nintendo to create games, you have a little more options than only C. You can also use assembly code (machine code only) if you are a very very experienced Wii coder who knows everything about Wii hardware and software wise. Most of the programmers who "port" emulators to the Wii, take the "already" published C source code from the original site which is protected mostly under GNU/BSD or whatever license, take out the unneeded parts which ain't suited for the Wii (mostly graphical user interface (GUI) stuff), put their own GUI, twerk a few I/O routines, hunt for bugs here and there and compile it with their C compiler and the totally needed Wii c-libraries. Do you know why nobody responds to you from which you tried to contact? Because they have better things to do than explaining you the I's and O's of programming, hardware differencies, DMA timings, CPU clocks, GPU channels etc.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This thread was cute but now it's starting to get into dickish territory.
If you want better emulators, go make them yourself. Don't go pestering developers to do work for you, unless you intend to pay them. Projects that were never finished generally had a reason. Either the developer's life became too busy, they lost interest, or it got to the point where they didn't think it was worth it. This is a hobby, don't go riding someone like it's their job. There are plenty of opensource emulators out there, if you want to improve them, go improve them yourself.

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude I also understand programming 'm no layman on the subject, the subject of running code in language fit c , I find it optional for Wii also recognizes the quernel Linux linguegem , that is, in my view Linux programs could be converted and reprogrammed to understand that the wii is a Linux system and run it without any problem , or modify a Linux system to run on the wii and thus run programs like a computer even , and wii as a game could stand without problems because I'm sure It is what they will do in the case of ps4 that can run linux .

And as dise did not want to be rude, but I have lost patience with those developers who get a job and not the conculem , you seem to worship them as if they were superheroes emulation , or something , and I saw many of you until almost cursing here even in this forum who wanted to somehow just get in touch with some of them for them to question why the final versions of their systems are not yet ready , but you have to understand the following:

If I do a system I have to take his responsability , period , but I have to answer the questions of anyone , because if I did not want to be disturbed or questioned , I did not do , period

Example : I started developing a turbographic16 emulator, and after a while appear two more people have also developed , but as the mine is more advanced then they quit , but then after a while I did not finalize and just let over there , then no one is more interested in making this emulator because they think that one day I can come back .

Good also think it has already given , my goal was not the one to fix fights and stuff like that , just wanted to try to give a new life for the wii, both emulators as the themes for usbloader and whatever, I do not know much , but the little that I know wanted to use to try to reinvigorate things , I thought this forum would have people with my same vision , but does not have , and those that have are massacred by people who do not even try and not let others try, good not I know who the adm , but I can close this topic. I'll probably end my account here too, for me already given , thank you to everyone who had my point of view and tried to help as DR.Hacknik to the other at least try before speaking to another qu can not do anything . See you.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just treat them as people. It's not their job to develop emulators, it's simply a hobby. Going around pestering strangers to complete something for your enjoyment is just selfish and dickish. There's nothing really stopping you from doing it yourself, you're just as capable as any other programmer. Don't sit around expecting others to do the work for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu