New emulators for wii and new life to 10 years

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Draguna, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Draguna
    OP

Draguna Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Brazil
    Hello so I know that when you saw the title here would have thought that new emulators for your wii, but unfortunately that's not what I came treat . What I propose to you as a community we are we 'll get together and begin to develop new emulators for wii, because I want to ask the following question to you : Who here would not want to play Shemune on your wii ? or even god of war ghost of sparta psp ?

Yeah I like and very sincerely tired of being alone watching as happened one day appear someone who can do the job.

So I'm proposing that we start from working on new versions now? No, I'm suggesting that initially we assess ourselves as far as the Wii can get to so we have a starting point and so know better what we can do .

What we know so far is that there are great emulators for wii as the nes, supernes , vbgagx , mbga ( even very young is already very good ) , the n64 (which needs a lot to be improved) , PS1 (which is very good but needs improvement ) and between other video games .

First question that must be asked: Is there any emulator for Wii that can access the memory that the videgame uses to run its normal wii games like mario galaxy , super smash bros ?

Come on people can do incredible things if we join :)

2. Draguna
    OP

Draguna Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

this idea came to me recently ( just a detail channel music plays in the background as it was in earlier versions of gx usb loader ) on top would be a modification of gx usb loader ( a theme )

3. mustafag32g

mustafag32g GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2014
    Argentina
    So you want a psp emulator for wii or what?

It cant happen bro, the processor of wii is not strong enough to emulate psp at a playable speed :-)

4. Draguna
    OP

Draguna Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Brazil
    I want to we get a kind of debate to know how far the wii can run other videogmes , to thus can be started some projects of new emulators.

on the PSP , the game will be running in the console memory he can not run ?

5. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2011
    Bursa
    First of all, it seems you didn't understand the differences between all those real videogame systems out there. They use different CPU's, GPU's, SPU's with different MHz, GHz, different command sets in the CPU's etc. I guess you're not really after emulating but porting or converting a game (or even rewrite the code from scratch) to the Wii. That was a dream I had years ago with my Commodore Amiga emulating the Sega Mega Drive (Sega Genesis) hence they have both 68k CPU's. So I always thought: Hey, why not run 68k code of the Mega Drive natively on the Amiga's 68k CPU? And in the end I accepted that this is not really that easy and nearly impossible.

Do you really want all those systems emulated on Wii? Then you have to wait for a miracle (that will never happen). Sorry to ne harsh like that, but this is the sad reality. By the way, I liked you game selection screen. I guess something like that could be don for USBLoader GX.

6. Draguna
    OP

Draguna Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks for the reply , actually yesterday thinking a bit I came across a full Wii other consoles games and thought the same thing : " more games I think is not a good idea," but it never hurts dream a little, like a nullDC finalized for wii because the beta it was very promising .
    Ou at least Yabause to play virtua fighter .

This screen that just made would be a new model for the usb loader gx same , however the do not know the contact developers to submit this idea.

7. laharl22

laharl22 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 19, 2014
    France
    a ameliored desmume wii will be great

Linkuei likes this.
  8. Draguna
    OP

Draguna Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Brazil

They are working on a new version of desmune ?

9. laharl22

Dec 19, 2014
    France
    i think its abandonned maybe its open source

10. cacildo

cacildo Went and came back

Jan 20, 2009
    Burkina Faso
    If powe is the problem, why dont we think of this for the WiiU?

11. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    What is funny is that DS games cannot be played on the wii and yet there is a emulator for it on the wii.

12. Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow Ruthless Pirate

Banned
    Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    The Black Pearl
    Wii SHOULD in theory be able to play DS games, we just don't have a decent emulator yet

13. laharl22

Dec 19, 2014
    France
    I dont want a fullspeed desmume just a little bit FPS boost

14. Draguna
    OP

Draguna Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Brazil

Maybe I possible in Fuuro , but I doubt very equanto emulators on the Wii U , mainly because of the complexity of doing anything for him

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This is true, the Wii has full capacity to run a DS , but I think the author of desmune abandoned the project for the Wii , if only he and others who dessistiram passasem the codes of projects so we could continue them

15. Tarmfot

Tarmfot Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2015
    I would prefer things like internet multiplayer for gba(or local), usb hid controllers compatibility like nintendont for other emulators, etc...
    Or more projects like wimmfi , riconnect24. New versions for wiimc, etc...
    In short. More live to wii homebrew.

Linkuei likes this.
  16. siliconmessiah

siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2010
    United States
    United States
    The Wii homebrew-scene is fading out. The activity is in an all time low right now.
    Personally, I believe the most have been crammed out of the Wii and there is not much new stuff to build on. Of course, I would love a 100% working ps1 emulator...or a dreamcast emulator. But it will never be reality.

It will continue to fade, just like the homebrew scene for the OG Xbox.

It was a great ride though. And I still play my Wii games with the thought of what a fantastic console it was.

Last edited by siliconmessiah, Dec 13, 2015
  17. Draguna
    OP

Draguna Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Brazil
    I apologize for my English , but I'm writing by google translator.

honestly I have to agree , I find it hard a resumption of these projects for the Wii , as now with the beginning of the homebrew on Wii U , at least gives to play ff7 and ocarina of time on the same console lol

18. siliconmessiah

siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2010
    United States
    United States
    What? Is FF7 playable on Wii?

19. Draguna
    OP

Draguna Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Brazil

but by the PS1 emulator , the only one however is that you have to put in so I think it was in interpreter , the game is just a little slow in most music is hardly even feel that you do not even notice . I'm still on the first cd , say it is a bit complicated to go by seugundo cd over to go without many problems.

20. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm assuming ff is playable in wiisx 2.1 ?