Hacking New DSTWO, have a few questions.

bbbmcw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I received a dstwo from gamersection.ca and I followed the tutorial about setting up the card via these forums. Everything worked fine right away on my 3DS Xl that I had updated in order to purchase games from the Eshop.

I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone else noticed that the battery drains twice as fast with the flashcard left in their 3DS? I am seeing a huge drop in battery life when using the DSTWO.

2. I'm not a fan of the OS, is there any skins that have boxart as icons and I can scroll through boxart to select my rom of choice?

3.Is it important to leave ds roms in a separate folder for every game? I did this to be organized due to the sav file and the other file created but not all of my games are displayed at once this way.

Thanks

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Do you mean active or "sleep"? The DS has no actual "sleep" mode, when you close the lid it just shuts the screens off. Flash carts take extra power to power the MicroSD slot and stuff, so they don't actually sleep when in sleep mode.

2 - Theres's alternate loaders that do that, but I have no experience, others will likely link.

3 - No. I just make alphabetical folders (all A games in one folder, B in another, etc.) but you can even dump everything into a single folder.

omghahalol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I received a dstwo from gamersection.ca and I followed the tutorial about setting up the card via these forums. Everything worked fine right away on my 3DS Xl that I had updated in order to purchase games from the Eshop.

I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone else noticed that the battery drains twice as fast with the flashcard left in their 3DS? I am seeing a huge drop in battery life when using the DSTWO.

2. I'm not a fan of the OS, is there any skins that have boxart as icons and I can scroll through boxart to select my rom of choice?

3.Is it important to leave ds roms in a separate folder for every game? I did this to be organized due to the sav file and the other file created but not all of my games are displayed at once this way.

Thanks

Apparently unlike the DS/DSi/XL the 3DS constantly polls the inserted cart. This is used for street/spotpass updates and and things of that nature but also works as a measure for anti-piracy. I am new to the 3DS (XL) and that was a bummer but it's easy enough to eject the cart when not in use if you don't want to shut the 3DS all the way down for one reason or another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?