New DS2 3D mock up!!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by chadders, Jan 4, 2008.

1. chadders
    OP

chadders GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2005
    Manchester
  2. laminaatplaat

laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 25, 2007
    United States
    I like the concept [​IMG] and bigger screens would even make me consider buying that one [​IMG]

3. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    I'd buy one, if it was that small. Also, if they make bigger screens, wouldn't that only be used for newer games?

4. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Banned
    Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    USA
    what nintendo has to stop doing is upgrading there last generation hardware and start from scratch !

beef up handhelds !

5. chadders
    OP

chadders GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2005
    Manchester
    i all for that, if the graphics were like these on the next system, im in!!!

6. ben_r_

ben_r_ GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    California
    Why do people do this to themselves... Just enjoy what youve got now and dont worry about what coming until its out!

7. kellyan95

kellyan95 Banned

Banned
    Jul 4, 2007
    United States
    The screens are different sizes - not gonna happen. Raises costs too much, it's cheaper to have the same thing twice.

8. chadders
    OP

chadders GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2005
    Manchester
    its only an idea, not a final design, must admit though, he screen def need to be the same size.

9. Salamantis

Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 20, 2007
    Canada
    Yep, screen size is different. Then the games would be either out-of proportion games (streched), have black borders around them, or they will just have to remake the DS games.

10. laminaatplaat

laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 25, 2007
    United States

I dont think that realy matters because 1 is touchscreen and 1 is normal. So they are different anyway. ( or are basics the same contruction? )

EDIT: and black borders would be fine, it would be the same as with GBA games on dslite [​IMG]

11. BakuFunn

BakuFunn Flameproof.

Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    New York
    Nintendo would not make something like that. Tey do not make sleek shiny breakable products. Their products are meant to be cheap, and fun, not overloaded with graphic capacity and media playback.

12. Artheido

Artheido GBAtemp Fan

Aug 31, 2007
    England
    Top screen - Mario Kart GP (Mario turning aswell)
    Bottom Screen - Mario Kart DS (Mario on a straight path, screen cut-off on sides)
    Resolutions are not proportional to regular DS dimensions. (x1, x2, x3, etc)

13. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Images Posted - Mock-ups, who cares.

14. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    1. It would weigh a shitload.

2. It would probably explode and catch on fire after a 1 foot drop.

3. Those buttons look horrid.

Honestly, a very poor mockup. Doesn't look realistic or even playable at all.

15. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    I love the look of it closed (not so much the inside look). Looks pretty cool, very slimming.

16. iritegood

iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2007
    United States
    This mockup offers no improvements over the current DS at all. I can imagine that DS would be awkward to hold and slippery. It definitely does not look playable. The idea for this mockup looks like it was thought of in 5 minutes.

Personally, I hope Nintendo doesn't even speak of a new DS for a while. And they probably won't. The DS hasn't reached its peak yet and Nintendo could probably milk it for a few more years.

Better resolutions are nice but I don't understand why so many of these mockups have screens with different sizes. That's just a horrible idea. What's the point? It would make plat formers a lot more annoying.

17. Gus122000

Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2007
    ditto

18. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    There's two reasons why this mockup wouldn't work. 1) The top screen to bottom screen translations wouldn't work (like in contra 4, sonic rush, and so on). 2) The graphics would look warped if it were to play regular DS games, which I'm sure is an intention.