Hardware New Argon firmware 100% region free!?

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The new argon firmware is released! And this it what the infectus website states:

QUOTE said:
Sure, since the 1.3 ARGON firmware version, adding 3 optional threads, it will be possible for the import games to work correctly. By the region of your own console you will have to plug a specific thread that will be showed on the schemes, 3 threads total. The chip will work also without the additional 3 threads , so ARGON becomes 16 threads to get a 100% IMPORT functionality.

Does this really mean 100% import support? Who can test it on a pal console with no more heroes?

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We need someone to test this!! No one on gbatemp has an argon with firmware 1.3?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Finally are 4 wires to add for who want to play imports games with ARGON. The wires are optionals, like you see on the diagram we use 3 differents wires to recognize the console version, of course you need to connect only one of them to the chip according with your WII model (pal/us/jap), so no jumper on ARGON but differents position on pads.

we remember that IMPORTS GAMES SUPPORT is a a patch that can be compare with D2CKEY import games support, any drive modchip can assure 100% imports games support.

QUOTE1- Work on all D2C WII boards, incl. G2C D1A!
2- 13 wires connection (3 optional wires for IMPORTS GAMES supported from firmware 1.3)
3- 100% UPDATABLE! Trought the on board JTAG connector*
4- ACTEL3 FAMILY FPGA - A3P125 - Military quality and security
5- Direct Boot from Wii games
(extreme compatibility, more than Wiikey/D2Ckey)
6- Dirct boot for every GC game
7- Multiple disc support
8- Audio streaming for GC Games supported
9- Partial regional Patch (work on 80% of games) - SUPPORTED FROM FIRMWARE 1.3

Something isn't right in there specs and explenation of the new 0.9 Diagrams/1.3 Firmware

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I read on the forum is that you have to install extra wires for the 100% import compatibility.. you have to install a wire to a specific position based if your console is pal or ntsc..

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Argon is some new modchip? haven't heard about it, but sounds interesting.. 100% import support... i could use that on 31th day.
ok google'd so it's dc2 chip firmware?

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Argon is some new modchip? haven't heard about it, but sounds interesting.. 100% import support... i could use that on 31th day.
ok google'd so it's dc2 chip firmware?
Yes, it is! But it seems intresting because the team has actively been updating the firmware since the release. I doubting to get this chip with my new wii but its very expensive. It seems that it does support the 100% import I will get this one.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Wasn't Argon lacking of compatibility and giving a lot of problems?
unsure.gif

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the beginning there where a lot of problems but the new firmware seems to resolve all of them!

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To good to be true... heres our awnser:

There are games not compatible with different regions.

It's not a problem of chip. The game call particular function present or not present in the system. So, may be, a game for ntsc call the function xyz and the same function on pal console is not present. This crash every thing.

Some one, say to have fixed this problem, changing 50/60hz or other graphics values ( we never try this! ).

Clllose the topic
smile.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah what tjas said but on top of that according to a lot of people in the wiinewz forums argon has trouble playing backups even of your own region. It's a very buggy chip supposedly.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a couple of people waiting to mod their D2C wiis but want to see if Brawl works first on the d2ckeys.. i just dont trust the argons yet, they seem very dodgy.

Im really hoping the D2Pro comes out soon.. 15 wires sound much better.

perimbean

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It'd be great to see/hear that there's a 100% regionfree modchip for wii. I'm on the lookout for one which does that. (I've read that if you put in games of different region (say PAL/NTSC-U) into a NTSC-J console, you can either brick/semi-brick the machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system