New and digging

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by N.R.Jrrk, Jun 17, 2013.

?

When dealing with a "newb" I treat them like

1. A total reject piece of trash because they're morons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. they need my help and I'm there to take them under my wing in a friendly manner

100.0%
  1. N.R.Jrrk
    OP

N.R.Jrrk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    United States
    Washington
    Being a complete newbie to this stuff, I'm trying to get an SNES emulator on my son's DSi. I have a 2gb micro-flash and a DSi. I DLed SNemulDS and have a bunch of .smc files (roms) already on my system from when I played my games.

I can't seem to do anything else. I have all the items it seems, I just don't know how to connect the dots so this little black DSi can become what once controlled my dreams.

AND I'M SURE there are NUMEROUS files explaining this in painful detail, but who has time to dig through the 10s of 100s of 1000s of forums and threads available on this amazing site?

SO if someone would be so kind and treat me gently as I take my first baby steps into the world of "Updating", I'd be much obliged and my 5 year old son can have all the bad assedness I had growing up available to him.

2. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    We don't have the time to help someone who can't or won't help themselves.

N.R.Jrrk likes this.
  3. Cartmanuk

Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2010

4. N.R.Jrrk
    OP

N.R.Jrrk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    United States
    Washington

It's more I don't know where to start. Even if I search up top... I don't know what to look for.

5. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Can you tell us what is your cart?

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i can tell you right now, the snes emulation on any flashcard other than the dstwo is very much below anything you knew when you grew up. most games run slow, even more games have many graphical issues, like backgrounds staying in foreground, hiding everything that happens, sprites flashing... its not really worth it.
    a wii or psp do a pretty decent job, though even the psp has issues once in a while.

for starters, i have to ask, because you didnt mention it, do you even have a dsi compatible flashcard? or do you have a flashcard at all? if so, what is its name, and what is written on the label (name, numbers, websites, people need that to help)
    if you dont have a flashcard, the dsi is not able to play games just by itself (well it is, but only for the 100 people that can use the sudokohax thing. and you probably cant)

if you have a flashcard that works, download this:
    http://gamebrew.org/images/3/37/SNEmulDSv06a.zip
    and follow the instructions:
    copy the .nds file and the .cfg file to the root of your flashcard (that being the first folder)
    Create a SNES directory in the root directory of your card,Put all your SNES ROMs in this directory, Launch snemulds from your flashcardA list of all the SNES games appears, you can scroll with "up" and "down", Tap on the desired game and press START to launch the game.

N.R.Jrrk likes this.
  7. StorMyu

StorMyu "I'm too old for this"

Jan 2, 2010
    France
    as Clydefrosch said, I've moved to DSTWO even if I had a DSONEi for the emulators.
    Try to look for a DSTWO, that'll help you :P

N.R.Jrrk likes this.
  8. N.R.Jrrk
    OP

N.R.Jrrk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    United States
    Washington
    I have a 2gb Scandisk Micro SD by Kingston. SDC/2GB. Not sure what the sudokohax thing is so I definitely don't have that. I'm going to read through what you've said and try to get it working.

REALLY Appreciate your help guys. Kid's gonna love this if I can get it up and working.

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You're probably not seeing relevant threads because this isn't even the right part of the forums that has the info.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-dsi-3ds-hacking-f-a-q.278137/
    Anyways, that shows you what's what, outside of what you were already told (emulation on the DS sucks, DSTwo is the best but still not perfect).

10. N.R.Jrrk
    OP

N.R.Jrrk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    United States
    Washington
    I think I'm starting to understand things a little more. Is there a way I can make my MicroSD comaptible to contain the firmware DStwo offers? Or are these 2 separate things?

11. N.R.Jrrk
    OP

N.R.Jrrk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    United States
    Washington
    DERP! NM... I just answered part of the question with your link. GREAT link, thank you.

12. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Yeah you put all the files on the MicroSD into the DSTwo, and it sets itself up if needed.

13. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I'm getting the strong feeling that you dont own an actual flashcard.

A micro sd card is not a flashcard.
    There are flashcards in which you can put a micro sd card, but a micro sd card alone can't help you play games at all.

so yeah, you'd have to buy one of those first if you want to play ds games or emulate anything. since you're looking to play snes games, it would have to be the DStwo that goes for i think 30-50$.

14. N.R.Jrrk
    OP

N.R.Jrrk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    United States
    Washington

You are correct sir. I learned that as well. Told you I was a total newb. I'm looking around for a flashcard. You guys have helped me a ton. I thank you

15. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States