Hacking New Acekard does not Work

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new acekard. I already have one with the Alex Rider cartridge name - it works fine on my DSi and DSiXL. This one has a different cartridge name, a japanese one. When i run the card with the same micro SD card that was in the other card, the screen just goes black and the DSi freezes. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is this a bad card?

Thanks,

(Note: i did peruse a bunch of threads but nothing was exactly the same and i want to make sure what i need to do. SORRY.)

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
By cartridge name, I suppose it's the icon that shows up?
if it's the newer batches, the icon should be something like this:
icon%20of%20acekard2i.jpg

Maybe you could tell us what firmware you are using and the contents of the micro SD.

That would help.

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill get my info and post in a bit. i need to wash the baby first. i also need to figure out where to find the firware on my dsi. ill psot later.

thanks!

Yo-mama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new AK2i today with the new firmware and the JAP game DORASU appeared. I took the same microSDHC I usually use out of one AK2i and put it in the new one. I was using AKAIO 1.8.5a. Got the message that akmenu4.nds could not load. Then I downloaded newest AKAIO 1.8.7 and it loaded just fine.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yo-mama said:
I just got a new AK2i today with the new firmware and the JAP game DORASU appeared. I took the same microSDHC I usually use out of one AK2i and put it in the new one. I was using AKAIO 1.8.5a. Got the message that akmenu4.nds could not load. Then I downloaded newest AKAIO 1.8.7 and it loaded just fine.Maybe this will work for you too, OP. My guess is that newer batches of acekard 2i's doesn't support older AKAIO firmwares.

QUOTE(NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii @ May 20 2011, 09:24 PM) Format the MicroSD (use Panasonic SD formatter, try filetrip) and upgrade to AKAIO 1.8.7, see if that fixes it.
AKAIO 1.8.7
Panasonic formatter

As the above poster said, format your micro SD with the Panasonic SD formatter (don't forget to back-up your stuff before doing so) and installing the newest AKAIO firmware.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I need help, my Dsi Xl it's 1.4.1 version and I find in a store an Acekard 2i that have this same Japanese game icon, after I touch the screen to enter in the card, the card worked with AKAIO 1.8.6, I just tested some games there but I didn't buy because i thought that was very strange that strange icon..

I saw in the back of the cartridge and have the sticker that with Anti-Counterfeit code(Anti-Clone) card, so maybe it's an original Acekard 2i..

By the way why have this strange Japanese game icon??????????

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
s4mid4re said:
By cartridge name, I suppose it's the icon that shows up?
if it's the newer batches, the icon should be something like this:
icon%20of%20acekard2i.jpg

Maybe you could tell us what firmware you are using and the contents of the micro SD.

That would help.

Hey guys I need help, my Dsi Xl it's 1.4.1 version and I find in a store an Acekard 2i that have this same Japanese game icon, after I touch the screen to enter in the card, the card worked with AKAIO 1.8.6, I just tested some games there but I didn't buy because i thought that was very strange that strange icon..

I saw in the back of the cartridge and have the sticker that with Anti-Counterfeit code(Anti-Clone) card, so maybe it's an original Acekard 2i..

By the way why have this strange Japanese game icon??????????

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t278137-ds-dsi-3ds-hacking-f-a-q

QUOTE said:
Q - A flash cart uses another game's icon, why is that?
A - The DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS do additional checks on game carts, so flash carts that work on recent firmwares for those systems need to disguise themselves as an actual game in order to tyr to bypass the security checks.

The japanese icon is the one the Acekard 2i uses to work on the 3DS right now.

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worked. you all rule. not only do you post, you post quick, and you don't scold for stupid questions. Hopefully i can help someone out in the future like you helped me.

Many thanks.

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops actually maybe spoke too soon.

i have about 10 games on a 4gb card. i played 1 piece (the 8th game maybe?) it worked, saved, great Shut it off, tried to play Inazuma and it won't scroll down past that game. Any ideas? DId i screw up the sd card?

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
http://gbatemp.net/t278137-ds-dsi-3ds-hacking-f-a-q

QUOTE said:
Q - A flash cart uses another game's icon, why is that?
A - The DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS do additional checks on game carts, so flash carts that work on recent firmwares for those systems need to disguise themselves as an actual game in order to tyr to bypass the security checks.

The japanese icon is the one the Acekard 2i uses to work on the 3DS right now.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH XD

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try to make sure i take out the card carefully but i might not have. totally me, i screwed up the sd card somehow, and 20 seconds after i take everyone's advice and fix the acekard. Oh well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol