new 3ds

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by and.i.crawl, Dec 13, 2013.

1. and.i.crawl
    OP

and.i.crawl Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    Hello. I would like to get a flash cart for my system. I just know nothing about it yet and want to make sure my system can run it effeciently before i purchase one, and also that i get the right one. I just upgraded to a 3DS XL and it has 7.0.0-13u.
    I used to be big into homebrew on my PSP but have been outta the loop for a few years.. lol. My friend has a super card dstwo and he really likes it, he also has a 3DS.

Is the supercard the best one to get?

Also I am interested to know how the system updates interfer with the the flash cart.. do they pretty much have it cracked? Will i be out waiting for a supercard update everytime theres a system update? And should I even download the system updates then? anything else I should know.. thank you.

2. CalebW

CalebW Fellow Temper

Jun 29, 2012
    United States
    The DSTwo is the best card out there. Sometimes the updates block the ds2, sometimes not, if it is broken the supercard team will usually have an update for the ds2 out in a day or so...

3. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    I think the only cart that supports 7.0.0-13U is the supercard.
    So obviously that's the best.
    Also the wait for an update is usually 1-2 days (Way better than other carts which take a month.) And the update can be done even if the 3DS is already updated.

4. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    You can take a look at the DSTWO beginners guide sticky topic.

5. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
    The DSTWO patches for successive firmware updates come out really rather fast, you won't be waiting long.

6. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I would get the DSTwo. It is the best flashcard on the market. It gets updates 1-2 days after nintendo's update and can update even when you already installed the DS's update. It is also not that expensive at only 40 bucks. The card has plugins (ALOT! http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DSTwo_Plugin ), plays movies, GBA games, and it runs trimmed roms! It can be bought from an official seller at: http://www.realhotstuff.com/Supercard-DSTWO_p_25.html and right now there is 5% of if you use the code xmas2013 at checkout! The only thing is that paypal does not allow you to buy flashcards so you have to use a credit card. (This is for all flashcards though)