Hacking New 3DS XL (FW 4.4) Owner... Did I buy the wrong Flash Card?

DisturbedAle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

I am new to the 3DS Scene, I used to be active in the NDS side with the M3 Simply / R4 (Old School). Then I graduate college, started work and fell out of my gaming passion...

Now I have my second career job after work ('paid my dues') and I'm not slaving as much, but still getting peasant wages... Anyways, enough about my life story!

I just finally got a Nintendo 3DS XL with 4.4 Firmware and ended up buying this R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) from 'realhotstuff' here in the United States. Apparently I didn't do all my research and this won't play my favorite games Animal Crossing, Zelda Link Between Worlds, etc...

I have a few questions:

1) Is my firmware compatible with this card? Is there 'good tutorial' to for this card? It sounds like its not as easy as the M3/R4 of old (drag and drop)
2) Is there support from the dev to create updates to play the 'newer games'? I'd rather not pay $75 for the Gateway. (I'm sure the price will drop in a few months)

Thanks in advanced!

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Did a Google search and it looks to be a yes. No clue about tutorials but I'd assume there's one with the firmware download.
2. I would assume no being they released an r4 gold 3ds deluxe card.

Gateway isn't the only card available right now, there's also 3DSlink and the R4 gold 3DS deluxe cards.

DisturbedAle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway flashcart is a 3DS flashcart that can run 3DS games.
R4i is a DS flashcart that can runs on a 3DS.

Ah, so the R4i Gold 3DS I purchased can only run DS games, not 3DS games, is that right? Makes more sense why it was only $19 compared to Gateway's $75, looks like I'll probably take a plunge and buy the Gateway or the R4i Gold 3DS DELUXE.

ridiucle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, so the R4i Gold 3DS I purchased can only run DS games, not 3DS games, is that right? Makes more sense why it was only $19 compared to Gateway's $75, looks like I'll probably take a plunge and buy the Gateway or the R4i Gold 3DS DELUXE.
go with gateway mate its being support and constantly updated by the designers well worth it

DisturbedAle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go with gateway mate its being support and constantly updated by the designers well worth it

Thanks for everyone's support. I went with an order of the Gateway, hopefully RHS is good with returns and I will send the R4i Gold back...

Now, I just need to find a quick tutorial for this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1