Hacking New 3DS system update 7.2.0-17

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Emunand. Games work fine, however when trying to launch system settings it gets stuck loading.
Not to be rude, but did you bother to read any of the thread? It has been well established that the new update causes crashes when entering System Settings and eShop which is why everybody here has been urging not to update.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know updates are needed for:- Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X/Y, Mario & Luigis Dream Team Bros, New Style Boutique, Secret Mysteries in London, The Lego Video Movie Game, Lego legends of Chima, Shin Megami, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon I think that's about it. You can pull most of these updates off the internet I don't know if they work but they are floating about, I pulled mine off E-Shop before the update only to make sure I had them but I didn't know this update would happen to stop E-Shop access.

Mario Kart 7 has the 1.1 cart which includes the update so you don't need to grab it from the eShop. Both the USA and EUR copies have been dumped.

When I updated my system (real NAND, on my non-Gateway system) and open up the eShop, it said something like "system has been updated, restarting app", and when it reloaded, I see this.

"The following changes will take place as part of the ID-linking process. Please scroll through and read this carefully.

Credit-Card-Information Management
Any credit-card information saved to this system will be deleted. In its place, credit-card information saved to your ID will be used, if available. Moving forward, credit-card information will be managed by your ID.

Account-Activity Management
Upon linking an ID, your Nintendo eShop account activity will be transferred to that ID. Please note that any account activity that predates this ID link will only be viewable within Nintendo eShop on this system--it can't be viewed on other devices. Please also note that after the link you'll no longer be able to delete your account activity from within Nintendo eShop. If you want to delete your account activity after the link, you'll need to delete your ID via System Settings."

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Kart 7 has the 1.1 cart which includes the update so you don't need to grab it from the eShop. Both the USA and EUR copies have been dumped.

When I updated my system (real NAND, on my non-Gateway system) and open up the eShop, it said something like "system has been updated, restarting app", and when it reloaded, I see this.

"The following changes will take place as part of the ID-linking process. Please scroll through and read this carefully.

Credit-Card-Information Management
Any credit-card information saved to this system will be deleted. In its place, credit-card information saved to your ID will be used, if available. Moving forward, credit-card information will be managed by your ID.

Account-Activity Management
Upon linking an ID, your Nintendo eShop account activity will be transferred to that ID. Please note that any account activity that predates this ID link will only be viewable within Nintendo eShop on this system--it can't be viewed on other devices. Please also note that after the link you'll no longer be able to delete your account activity from within Nintendo eShop. If you want to delete your account activity after the link, you'll need to delete your ID via System Settings."

The MK7 version I had did not come with the 1.1 update so I downloaded it of E-Shop and while I was at it I grabbed all the other updates needed for games. The other info on E-Shop, that is just standard info.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is just standard info.

Well, that's what was changed with this update ;)

Because NNIDs were added with 7.0, so unless 7.1 made the changes they mentioned, I was just letting you guys know. It doesn't really affect Gateway, but those of us who use the eShop legitimately might be interested.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be rude, but did you bother to read any of the thread? It has been well established that the new update causes crashes when entering System Settings and eShop which is why everybody here has been urging not to update.

Nope, dove in before researching. (My bad.)

Glad I have a backup.

Reactions: MGS1980

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that's what was changed with this update ;)

Because NNIDs were added with 7.0, so unless 7.1 made the changes they mentioned, I was just letting you guys know. It doesn't really affect Gateway, but those of us who use the eShop legitimately might be interested.

Cool, thanks I haven't tried the update yet myself I'm just waiting for GW to sort it out.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as MK7 is concerned, I mentioned it in another thread but I'll post it here too in case anyone is interested.

Check out the releases titled Mario Kart 7 (Rev01) - 809 and 906, EUR and USA respectively. Those ones have the 1.1 update included so you can just boot it up and play online without having to go on the eShop at all. I can confirm this works as I actually own a copy of the Rev01 cart (and subsequently dumped it and played online with it .3dz)

I don't think any of the other games have this sort of update, at least not yet, but for those who are just getting their Gateways and won't be able to use eShop, you might consider getting those releases instead of the earlier ones.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a friendly reminder to anyone that missed downloading the patch for Pokemon X/Y, whatever you do, DO NOT SAVE while outside in the outer ring of Lumiose City. If you do, do not end your game on that save. Go and save inside a building or somewhere else entirely.

If you save outside in the outer city ring and then quit, when you reload the save, it will freeze and will not be playable again. The only way to fix this problem and retrieve your save is by downloading the patch. Nintendo has not published an updated cart with the patch incorporated into the ROM. Now that the eShop is not accessible to flash cart users currently (unless you have your 3DS hard modded), this will be something that will probably start coming up from the newest crowd of users unless Gateway (or MT Card) releases a fix for this version of firmware.

Reactions: tjexp

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway already responded............from their News section today:

"Yes, we heard the feedback about the savegame mechanism, and we have plans to improve this and bring it to a whole new level of support."

"Yes, we heard about the latest 7.2.0 system firmware, and there is no need to worry."

"We have been working on the new encryption puzzle added by the later system firmwares but as they say, the proof is in the pudding.
And unfortunately the pudding is not ready yet, but we know it will be delicious.
This is our top priority right now so please bear with us while we stir and work our magic!"

When this team has done so many amazing things and cracked about every problem yet to pop up (Region free, EMunand, Cart2 save, multi-rom, online) why is everyone so quick to say 'oh we are all screwed and will never see another update'. It may take time as Omega did but I suspect as soon as possible Gateway will 'show' us one of their famous 'hot hands' videos with 7.2 working and maybe even new save crypto being used.

Pisses me off though as I have been playing fire emblem and had money on to buy some more DLC and just didn't do it and now will have to wait....screw eshop just hack the DLC and I would be happy.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm if R4 Gold Pro (r4isdhc.com) works on 7.2?
This card is already kinda weird since according to Pong it was blocked in 6.3.0-12 and marked as not working. Yet it worked perfectly on 7.1.0-16

It works

tested:
r4isdhc dual core ( r4isdhc.com and r4isdhc.in)
r4i gold pro ( r4isdhc.com)
r4i snoopy ( r4isdhc.com)
r4i3d ( r4i3d.com)
r4itt purple ( r4itt.net)
r4i gold ( r4ids.cn)

Supercard ds two

anything that was working in 7.1 works on this new update. I think they wont block anymore ds mode flashcarts because they haven't since 7.0.

Now 3ds flashcarts on the other hand seem to be their main focus now

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree because whenever they have hinted at things then they usually surprise us with something big. I mean they just put out something to allow us to play our own dumped ROMs online and many people are like eh whatever........

How about RTS that is not save encryption specific.....now that would rock as you could make an RTS snapshot, send it to someone using a different dump, they can load that snapshot and then save the game into their own encrypted save file....something like that would be a whole new level of support and it would instantly solve a lot of the save game transfer problems we are having.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: The only link I've been able to find for my version is here...