MT Card Firmware v1.4

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Warft, May 13, 2014.

1. Warft
    OP

Warft Say my name!

Aug 8, 2013
    United States
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    MT card Hardware Ver1.4 released
    05-17-2014

This update improves Eshop ROM compatibility and supports .3dz ROM .
    It is an hardware update, just directly update your MT card(any version) to V1.4. While updating, don’t disconnect the USB cable. This update works with V.12 launcher.dat.
    For" * .3ds "game, save file is" *.sav"
    For " *.3dz" game, save file is“ *.zav”
    For NAND backup games(card2), the backup data directly stored in the ROM, don’t rename the file extension. If you once rename the file extension, when you enter the game, the backup data will be deleted.

1.Hardware update(VIA USB)
    1.1 Enhance Eshop ROM compatibility.
    1.2 Support .3dz ROM.(support online play)​

Download the Upgrade package from click here

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Do you mean firmware, not hardware?

3. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    So they went with creating 2 separate save files I see...

4. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Hah, looks like their solution is just a tad better than Gateway's now (the two separate save files).

At this point it looks you can't go wrong with either the MT-card or Gateway 3DS.

5. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    4 For card 2 game roms, it is better not to rename the file extension, or it will cause backup error, in that case we can’t restore the game roms. It is better to backup the rom files.

Unclear what exactly that means?

6. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    I think they mean, don't rename card 2 games into .3dz?

7. Tomobobo
    This message by Tomobobo has been removed from public view by BORTZ, May 13, 2014, Reason: thank you for your input.
    May 13, 2014
  8. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    So what are they saying if you rename your old .sav files to .zav, .3dz roms will work with your old save files? Else what is the point anyway with naming them .zav does it really help!

Scrap that don't work, it still creates a new save file, dam I thought for a minute MT-Card had actually found a cool breakthrough with the save files I thought it might work so the .zav save file is really pointless by MT-Card. You can rename your .sav files with gateway to .zav files and will work but its only really for a ID purpose between the two save files on your SD card.

9. gamesquest1
    This message by gamesquest1 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, May 13, 2014, Reason: thank you for your input.
    May 13, 2014
  10. dc740

dc740 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2014
    Argentina
    I don't get this guys... I don't support gateway because they STILL include brick code in their firmware, and your 3ds will never be safe unless you stop using it... BUT, this guys always release their firmware 2 or 3 days after Gateway with all the same features (or more, remember mt released multirom first), but without the brick code.

What's the catch? 2 or 3 days is not even enough to reverse engineer Gateway features. It's not even enough to re-code them in their firmware. How is it possible to be at the same development level than Gateway every single time? I would expect at least some different features, but it seems like Gateway and Mt card always have the same amount of features, with only 2 or 3 days of delay, which is incredible short.

11. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    '.3dz'... i wonder where they got that from?

how can you be so sure?

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Decrypt and put their own cart ID in the firmware, switch the images and chuck it out the door..........same as when they where running the R4i deluxe......?Things get buggy and then they slip up.........an repeat

13. dc740

dc740 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2014
    Argentina
    I'm a programmer, and I had to reverse engineer a file ONCE (only once, it was in x86 architecture. not 3ds related). It's not as easy as it sounds. It might be that I'm just terrible at reverse engineering, because I never do it.

It doesn't seem to be the case. Their card has a different way to store save files, a different way to handle multirom, extra buttons, and even changing the images, they would still have to disable all the protection measures that Gateway included to brick the 3ds when their firmware is used.

Nightwish likes this.
  14. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Not to mention the gateway launcher has a shitton of encryption and obfuscation thrown over it.

15. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    The way the gateway launcher works the encryption is the only thing protecting it, with the right hardware I.e a 3ds with ram dumping capabilities, you just run the launcher and it all gets decrypted for you.....then you add a few tweaks and a picture of a fish

tjexp, cearp and reece71079 like this.
  16. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I'm sure if Gateway really wanted to protect there updates I bet they could put a stop to others copying quite easily.

17. phanteon

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    supports 7.2 emunand? (eshop)

18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Probably not, all they can do is include booby traps to catch copy cats out, the fact they messed up with the eshop support suggest they could likely fall for a booby trap if gateway gets inventive

cearp and reece71079 like this.
  19. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    sure, i am a programmer too, i know it is not easy. i'm not saying it's easy. i imagine if you reverse engineered things all the time, you would be good at it.
    and i would imagine the people behind mt are very clever people, and that they don't have that much trouble decrypting gateway's stuff... because they have done it in the past, have the right tools, etc etc, know what to look for.

20. RomAnOCrY

RomAnOCrY GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    France
    It's a Hardware Update

21. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Hardware as in they released a new cart or hardware as in they updated the FPGA/internal software?

22. Elusivo

Elusivo GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    So does this means it works with 7.2? or this was sent out before the 7.2 update? if before i guess they'll have to change their changelog lol