Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

ss4gogeta069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the DiskWriter to write games to my Micro. I'm wondering if the problem is that I have a MicroSDXC and not a MicroSDHC. Any ideas? When I select the game it just goes back to the disk writer.

Edit: Ok, so apparently you either can't use a MicroSDXC or you can't use any Micro above 16GB. I found a how-to that said get an 8GB or 16GB. Went to Walmart and got a 16GB MicroSDHC and it works great!

pdensco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
if we buy a sky3ds we can install devmenu to our originl firmware & we can install .cia no need for flashcart or anything:yaynds: and no need for cfw lol

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I love how they pretended I didn't say they put the limit there.

Attachments

• Sky3DS.jpg
    Sky3DS.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 497

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no reason to bother them about it, they have there hands full on how to allow users to perform firmware update to remove that limit.

The easier thing to do would have been to not put the limit in the first place. All this bother that they are facing is due to their own greedy stupidity and I have no sympathy at all.

ss4gogeta069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have a new problem. Does anyone know how to load a game save? I think I read that you push the button to save the game then when it's done it says to press the home key to exit. But then When you get ready to play again, how do you load the game you saved?

viewsat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I got one of these Sky3ds cards a week or so ago. The plan was to run ten of my favorite games that i've legally purchased all in one card and it works just great for that. No need to switch out cards or carry a case of them with me when travelling. Worked great on my updated 3dsXL. Couple days back I tried adding an 11th and 12th game just to see what would happen. I noticed it still would load up and display the logo of whatever game i would add after the original ten games, but the game would soon jump to the next until it went around to the top of the list where the original games were added. After a few minutes of tinkering i realized that if you held down the red button for a few seconds while the extra games had briefly loaded, that it would stay on those games and they would play just fine and work for more games no matter how many more were added. There were of course a few issues with that, one being the blue light will stay steadily flashing the entire time that game is being used and another is the save for the extra games seem to be held on the actual flash card memory - not the microsd card. Upon loading another extra game the same way the save would then be overwritten and often shown as corrupt. However the save would stay providing i only played the first set of original ten games loaded on AND only the first extra game. So for me this works out great.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easier thing to do would have been to not put the limit in the first place. All this bother that they are facing is due to their own greedy stupidity and I have no sympathy at all.

Marketing ploy that failed misserably, they took a gamble and lost thinking no one would be able to make it work. I think in about a couple more weeks and someones bound to make it work without the limit, not including GW.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got one of these Sky3ds cards a week or so ago. The plan was to run ten of my favorite games that i've legally purchased all in one card and it works just great for that. No need to switch out cards or carry a case of them with me when travelling. Worked great on my updated 3dsXL. Couple days back I tried adding an 11th and 12th game just to see what would happen. I noticed it still would load up and display the logo of whatever game i would add after the original ten games, but the game would soon jump to the next until it went around to the top of the list where the original games were added. After a few minutes of tinkering i realized that if you held down the red button for a few seconds while the extra games had briefly loaded, that it would stay on those games and they would play just fine and work for more games no matter how many more were added. There were of course a few issues with that, one being the blue light will stay steadily flashing the entire time that game is being used and another is the save for the extra games seem to be held on the actual flash card memory - not the microsd card. Upon loading another extra game the same way the save would then be overwritten and often shown as corrupt. However the save would stay providing i only played the first set of original ten games loaded on AND only the first extra game. So for me this works out great.

That was an assumption of mine, and few other gbatemp as well as maxconsole members, assume would happen with game saves. So this method doesn't really work unless gamesaves were put onto the microsd card.
The real question is who would really buy it over GW? :sleep:

I would. I'm never the fanboy type, although people keep questioning why didn't I buy an apple phone over an android phone but thats a separate topic. I'm open to whatevers intereresting to me. For instance I was a 3k3y user but since they went MIA, I had no choice but to jump to Cobra. I still respect the way the 3k3y works but wish they didn't drop off like that. Worst part is Cobra hasn't gotten ps2/psx games to work flawlessly but it works. Since it was onsale I decided to finally pick them both up, Cobra and GW.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Some with bra
The real question is who would really buy it over GW? :sleep:

Someone with brains of a rocking horse.

Impatient.

More money than sense (goes back to my first answer).

There are many reasons but it all boils down to being impatient, never letting the dust settle. Eventually it back fires and their left in the dark upset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol