Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS could've easily been a competitor if they offered their card with no game limit. It boggles the mind, it boggles the mind...

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That was an assumption of mine, and few other gbatemp as well as maxconsole members, assume would happen with game saves. So this method doesn't really work unless gamesaves were put onto the microsd card.

I would. I'm never the fanboy type, although people keep questioning why didn't I buy an apple phone over an android phone but thats a separate topic. I'm open to whatevers intereresting to me. For instance I was a 3k3y user but since they went MIA, I had no choice but to jump to Cobra. I still respect the way the 3k3y works but wish they didn't drop off like that. Worst part is Cobra hasn't gotten ps2/psx games to work flawlessly but it works. Since it was onsale I decided to finally pick them both up, Cobra and GW.

But comparing Android to iOS is a matter of taste, choosing between GW and Sky3ds is a matter of common sense.

Some with bra

Someone with brains of a rocking horse.

Impatient.

More money than sense (goes back to my first answer).

There are many reasons but it all boils down to being impatient, never letting the dust settle. Eventually it back fires and their left in the dark upset.
:yay:

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I have said before I think there is a legitimate market for this card. Young children or the elderly. It sure seems like a GW is much more complex to set up and operate without screwing things up. This seems idiot proof.

fcz_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
As I have said before I think there is a legitimate market for this card. Young children or the elderly. It sure seems like a GW is much more complex to set up and operate without screwing things up. This seems idiot proof.

before, without a 3DS and the card, i use to think that gateway was complex...but in the hands, it's much simpler than i think, put the archives you download in blue card and execute, games in red card, Nintendo DS profile and "TA DAAAAAA" all the magic...

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

Yeah, i just see an old one with dementia ordering sky3ds :lol:

viewsat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had ordered mine before the GATEWAY ANNOUNCEMENT which didn't work on updated consoles for quite some time. So figured it was the best bet for an updated console, atleast for the near future. I got the 3ds for free from a friend. Already had bought all the games that i plan to play. No intention of pirating anything. I do suggest for others that haven't bought one and need a flash card for an updated 3ds or n3ds to wait and see what happens with GATEWAY but.. gotta work with what I've got now I suppose, which as i've said is actually all i needed. I don't think it's very accurate to call me names. It suits my needs. The 10+ game trick does work too IF you only save one game at a time of the 'extras'.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i just see an old one with dementia ordering sky3ds :lol:
True. I don't see any old people ordering a DS period, but I do so their children buying them one and a cart to go with it. Remember when the first XL model was released Ninty's whole marketing campaign in Japan was to the elderly.

I am not saying that was Sky's intention, just that there is a legitimate market for it however small.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

9.x Compatibility setup wise, will be alot more straight forward than 4.x with Gateway :), thats all i can say for now

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm buying the card. It's ready now, and my kid Needs this for X-mas to go along with his new 3dsxl.
I'll be fucked if I'm paying $40+ for a video game when I can just pirate 10 and throw them all on this card.
If Gateway was available with current firmware NOW, I'd buy their card to pirate with...but it isn't.
Yes I'm a pirate, so I'm looking for a pirate cart prior to Christmas, to me sky3ds wins.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I'm buying the card. It's ready now, and my kid Needs this for X-mas to go along with his new 3dsxl.
I'll be fucked if I'm paying $40+ for a video game when I can just pirate 10 and throw them all on this card.
If Gateway was available with current firmware NOW, I'd buy their card to pirate with...but it isn't.
Yes I'm a pirate, so I'm looking for a pirate cart prior to Christmas, to me sky3ds wins.

Your not thinking future proof at all. You complain about not paying 40 bucks for a game, yet what happens when your kid gets bored of the 10 games. Nobody knows shit about Sky3DS, and the product was fail from the start. Gateway have been in the scene since the beginning and have supported it with updates. There is a high risk of them going MIA, so where would that leave you? Think about it before jumping in.

viewsat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sky3DS could've easily been a competitor if they offered their card with no game limit. It boggles the mind, it boggles the mind...

I'm hoping for them or someone to figure out a way to clean the memory so you can add another ten in place of the original. If they can't do that then im sure gateway will steal the show once the update is released.

Redsmeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it seems N may be detecting the SKY3ds card for online.
I have an Australian new 3DSXL on current firmware and Mario Golf World Tournament will not allow online play.
It comes up with a new error code that's not listed on N's support page and says something along the lines of online play is not supported on this game card. I will post the error code and details later when I get home.

So there is 2 possibilities I see here:
1. N is able to detect the card and blocking any online functunality
2. There is a specific Australian release Mario Golf and even an original Euro game wouldn't work online in an Australian 3ds.

I have heard nothing back from Sky in regards to this issue.

If someone has the ability to make a rom from a known Australian original I could test it.

Redsmeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the error
mACxJlk.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?