Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd rather pay for 3 - 4 retail games then support that shit lol.

That's why I'm getting a clone. I'm quite sure that it'll be hacked to allow more than 10 games anyway. As for homebrew, I really don't care for it and I never have done so it is just for my own piracy.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I just don't understand what on Earth made them think £100 was a good starting price. That's fucking grotesque. Maybe I'll just risk it and go for K3DS.
or just wait for reviews to start coming in, I'm still a little skeptical about whether k3ds is even legit, no original video's uploaded by them and a known fake last time, if it does come out it will likely be a rebadged product which is exactly the same as sky3ds and made by the same team

just hold tight for a few months and see what this trick is gateway has up their sleeves for the new3ds......im guessing it will probably be this but with no limits using a new card

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did they ever give the point?

Well maybe its me that has the poor understanding. Maybe you know more that I do (almost certainly)

I am under the impression that the reason for only being about to run 10 games is because the card does something that permanently writes something to the memory of the card to pass the game off as legit. The ten game limit per card would be because of limited permanent write space?

Am I extrapolating to far?

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
I just don't understand what on Earth made them think £100 was a good starting price. That's fucking grotesque. Maybe I'll just risk it and go for K3DS.

Its listed 56 pounds on the site above . why are you mentioning the 100 pounds

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
or just wait for reviews to start coming in, I'm still a little skeptical about whether k3ds is even legit, no original video's uploaded by them and a known fake last time, if it does come out it will likely be a rebadged product which is exactly the same as sky3ds and made by the same team

just hold tight for a few months and see what this trick is gateway has up their sleeves for the new3ds......im guessing it will probably be this but with no limits using a new card

Ah I never knew it was a known bullshit before. The unfortunate thing is I really can't afford to wait, I wanted 1 of these mostly for my boyfriend who will be over in my country in December and I wanted to get him one for Christmas. Brazilian postal service is awful, they lose parcels all the time and I really don't want something that costs £60+ to go missing. As for me, as much as I complain about the price I don't mind buying whatever it is and then getting a Gateway if they somehow manage to work out the latest firmware. I know plenty of people who'd buy my K3DS/Sky3DS/R5/Jesus3DS.....

Its listed 56 pounds on the site above . why are you mentioning the 100 pounds

I guess I didn't look hard enough lol. I have found it cheaper in other places but I don't know for sure if they are actually selling the EUR versions.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well maybe its me that has the poor understanding. Maybe you know more that I do (almost certainly)

I am under the impression that the reason for only being about to run 10 games is because the card does something that permanently writes something to the memory of the card to pass the game off as legit. The ten game limit per card would be because of limited permanent write space?

Am I extrapolating to far?
yeah that's what they have implied but there is no real explanation other than "changing SD cards doesn't matter the card will remember the games".....whether it remembers to simply lock it down to sell more cards, or remembers for some technical reason is unknown, but considering the saves are stored on the SD and the Roms are stored on the SD i cant really see a reason other than to lock it to 10 games.....i think we just have to see expert opinions once its out in peoples hands

Reactions: Margen67 and BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that's what they have implied but there is no real explanation other than "changing SD cards doesn't matter the card will remember the games".....whether it remembers to simply lock it down to sell more cards, or remembers for some technical reason is unknown, but considering the saves are stored on the SD and the Roms are stored on the SD i cant really see a reason other than to lock it to 10 games.....i think we just have to see expert opinions once its out in peoples hands

Yeah locking it down is certainly shady. Which isnt out of the hands of a chinese money grobbling company.
The reason I believe its lock to 10 is because of the way they phrase it. Changing SDs wont change anything making me believe that to get it working on 9.x requires some sort of fakesigning that happens interally on the card, see what I am saying? To a place like maybe the card's NAND or something silly, where the card can patch or pass off the game is being real.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah locking it down is certainly shady. Which isnt out of the hands of a chinese money grobbling company.
The reason I believe its lock to 10 is because of the way they phrase it. Changing SDs wont change anything making me believe that to get it working on 9.x requires some sort of fakesigning that happens interally on the card, see what I am saying? To a place like maybe the card's NAND or something silly, where the card can patch or pass off the game is being real.
yeah i just cant think of a reason why it would be such a small storage area to limit it to 10 games or a write once storage area.....plus they said you can put them on at different times.......which doesn't really seem like any sort of chip i know of, if you can write several times at different points it wouldn't really be a ROM chip or anything........basically the only way it makes sense is for a 10 game lockdown to sell more....but again i'm not some software/hardware engineer, but i'm assuming it would only be a FPGA emulating a retail card but pulling the data from the SD card :P

Reactions: BORTZ

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
r5. king3ds and sky3ds it's the same team... the 10 games problem it's for the firts time (i hope isn't correlated with the "firts" release/version). People near the team say to me: the cart can store more then 10 games in future

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe there is a FPROM (field programmable read-only Memory) inside the Card .... If I understand correct this would be like a PROM but with a Switch ....

Well, when this Thing is in the Hands of someone with knowledge about These things the info will be here soon enough and we can stop assuming stuff without knowing anything at all.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Maybe there is a FPROM (field programmable read-only Memory) inside the Card .... If I understand correct this would be like a PROM but with a Switch ....

Well, when this Thing is in the Hands of someone with knowledge about These things the info will be here soon enough and we can stop assuming stuff without knowing anything at all.

Wow I thought there are only FPGAs.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Living in China, it's really easy to buy flashcards. Every gaming store carries them and they are much cheaper than online in most cases. Gaming stores even have catalogues that you can choose which games you want and the shop owner will put it on your SD card, it's a much different world. When Sky3DS comes into the local shops here I'll be interested in taking a look.

Dark-Sider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 10 game limit might be a practical one, since you change them with a button (try that with 100 games ;-)

However there is no technical reason I can think of to limit the cart to 10 games in total without being able to rewrite them. For sure WORM (Write Once Read Many) Memory exists, but it's alsways used to preserve the integrity of the written data (like enterprise backup systems etc.). In fact the cart wouldn't even need onboard flash memory. Everything, including the cart-firmware can be loaded from the sd-card. Games, save-files etc. can be stored again on the sd-card. The cart just needs a large RAM-Chip so it can do all the processing right there.

bye,
Darky

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YeahGeek have it In Stock
just bought it.

you are a fool and people like you are holding this scene back then, if people just boycott it they will have to remove DRM 10 game limit, why are people so impatient , M$ abandon it's DRM scheme, when they found out how unpopular it was ,do not encourage this bad behavior and maybe it will go away

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg