Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I begin to think that the flashcard is hard to believe if it says that it works on new 3ds.
Possible but all seems to good to be true. Lets first see and wait.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
What makes this look like a scam? Besides it not even being confirmed as real yet, what info spells "fake" over this?

They still haven't mentioned what they'll do when it gets patched. :huh:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The small size of Vita carts is not really the biggest issue, to be honest. Nobody has found (or publically released) a kernel mode exploit that can be utilised by any potential flashcart. Encryption routines are becoming increasingly strong and complicated and that reduces the amount of people working on such exploits. Things do seem to finally be starting to take shape, though.
http://wololo.net/2014/10/26/vita-webkit-hack-codelion-releases-memtools_vita/

Even with the 3DS, one kernal mode exploit with access to the full hardware has been publically released (the one used by Gateway), all others are either not publically released or not low level enough to be useful. Things are just getting more difficult as encryption methods are becoming more comprehensive.

Colinson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would take r4depot.com posting this product on their site with a grain of salt. Considering they have advertised 2 fake 3DS flash cards in the past!

Another website is quoting 120 dollars. Can't see how these vendors know the juicy details just yet considering the who.is report of sky3ds.com says the domain was registered only a few days ago.

Seems now they have advertised only one fake 3DS flash cards since i noticed that they updated the k3ds product page, the card now can also support the latest 3ds v9.0.0-20 for 3ds games: http://www.r4depot.com/21-k3ds-flashcart-king-for-playing-3ds-games.html . They said that they are the k3ds offical reseller and will receive the first stock soon. So two cards now, sky3ds and k3ds, similiar name, similiar feature, maybe the same team, which one better? or will they be released this time? After all it has disappoint us last time.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
The small size of Vita carts is not really the biggest issue, to be honest. Nobody has found (or publically released) a kernel mode exploit that can be utilised by any potential flashcart. Encryption routines are becoming increasingly strong and complicated and that reduces the amount of people working on such exploits. Things do seem to finally be starting to take shape, though.
http://wololo.net/2014/10/26/vita-webkit-hack-codelion-releases-memtools_vita/

Even with the 3DS, one kernal mode exploit with access to the full hardware has been publically released (the one used by Gateway), all others are either not publically released or not low level enough to be useful. Things are just getting more difficult as encryption methods are becoming more comprehensive.

What you say is of course more true and correct, my knowledge in programming, Kernel and encrypting is pretty much the lowest to the point where it could be summed on "i know those things exist" :P. But it just seemed at least to me impossible to make a flashcart in Vita size with a microSD slot so i mentioned that. Your info is the more correct one still :)

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
What makes this look like a scam? Besides it not even being confirmed as real yet, what info spells "fake" over this?

Never believe anything until you see it with your own eyes when it comes to products like this. Posting videos and some plastic looking jarg website don't mean anything.

Same applies to the WiiU Key, idiots pre-ordering, as soon as it was supposedly announced for a release Aug-Sep and it's now nearly November. Where is it? Who's to say it's bullshit? And what's to say this amazing 3DS breakthrough booting roms on 9.x Firmware is a troll getting everyone hopes up.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Never believe anything until you see it with your own eyes when it comes to products like this. Posting videos and some plastic looking jarg website don't mean anything.

Same applies to the WiiU Key, idiots pre-ordering, as soon as it was supposedly announced for a release Aug-Sep and it's now nearly November. Where is it? Who's to say it's bullshit? And what's to say this amazing 3DS breakthrough booting roms on 9.x Firmware is a troll getting everyone hopes up.
Tho it was the same with the Gateway.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the same people who made K3DS are the ones making the advertisement of this card, then it is clearly a scam. Also for the record, the original developer of K3DS is in this thread, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh +1