Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Q: What's that mean - "ten 3DS games maximum for each flashcard"?
A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, you do need more SKY3DS cards if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

are they saying that once the 10 games have been used and saved onto the flashcard you would have to buy another SKY3DS to play another 10 games, so youu cannot remove those saves from the flashcard. this doesn't sound good.......................sudeki300

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, you do need more SKY3DS cards if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

so $60-$80 for 10 games.....still not seeing why the limit unless its a artificial limit to sell more cards........also hearing from a different source this may end up being a while label job and other cards will pop up with different names using the same card like R4DE,3DSlink,orange3ds.....but im not sure if its true yet

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

are they saying that once the 10 games have been used and saved onto the flashcard you would have to buy another SKY3DS to play another 10 games, so youu cannot remove those saves from the flashcard. this doesn't sound good.......................sudeki300

yea someone needs to ask if you can backup saves to make room for another game. if its 10 games and that's its then this card with be DOA because someone else will clone it without the restriction.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

so $60-$80 for 10 games.....still not seeing why the limit unless its a artificial limit to sell more cards........also hearing from a different source this may end up being a while label job and other cards will pop up with different names using the same card like R4DE,3DSlink,orange3ds.....but im not sure if its true yet

looks like it will be a label job, the same video has already popped up on the king3DS website.....................sudeki300

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
looks like it will be a label job, the same video has already popped up on the king3DS website.....................sudeki300
yeah i had assumed someone might of just been trolling with that....but from what i hear someone has just took the K3DS name to sell this card under another name.....again cant be certain i have asked for more info, but i suppose it makes sense as they didn't have a label on the card which was a popular trick for the gateway clones so they only needed to make a single video for however many different branded cards

Reactions: TBoxing

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

So basically they are saying, 10 games and then you can never change them again, so buy a new flashcard for your next 10 games? Lol, right, good job there

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i had assumed someone might of just been trolling with that....but from what i hear someone has just took the K3DS name to sell this card under another name.....again cant be certain i have asked for more info, but i suppose it makes sense as they didn't have a label on the card which was a popular trick for the gateway clones so they only needed to make a single video for however many different branded cards

I really hope the card is now gonna be fake because if the market get's saturated with 50 different versions, it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

Reactions: retrofan_k

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I really hope the card is now gonna be fake because if the market get's saturated with 50 different versions, it's gonna be a pain in the ass.
yeah i think it might only end up being the K3DS and sky3DS if it does happen someone probably just though that using the K3DS name would be good as it already has lots of google search results and stuff so they would have an advantage selling it under that name rather than building up google page ranks and all that crap.....but again i can't be certain but it certainly seems like this will be the case

So basically they are saying, 10 games and then you can never change them again, so buy a new flashcard for your next 10 games? Lol, right, good job there
if that limit really is in place im just wondering how they would go about setting that limit.....and if there would be a way to bypass it with something like the R4 save dongle by wiping the SPI chip.....also wondering about the likes of pokemon being card2 so i don't think that its due to save space limits or they would say something like 10-13 games, it would only make sense that its a artificial limit 10 seems like a nice round number they plucked out of a hat

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
10 games limit?
How can they implement this shit? Furthermore, is it even possible? Is it like max 10 titles on micros SD or some file size limit?

I mean, this is hilarious, I congratulate on creating 1:1 cart, but everything else is so weird and illogical.

D

Deleted-355425

I won't be buying it if there is a 10 game only limit one time thing, I will wait for clones with re-write ability as the 10 max thing will be somthing they decide and implemented in.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, what will be the reaction from Gateway team, that will be very interesting ( of course this is under presumption that sky3ds is not just re-branded Gateway)-

Reactions: Huntereb

TBoxing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I heard K3DS for a long time, they are the first in single card project,
Now k3DS and sky3ds do the same work

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
As much as I dislike Gateway and I hate to say it, but I think it's still the flashcard of choice, if people can obtain 4.x consoles. Who knows, whatever code there is to run this new flash card on current firmware builds, GW could possibly implement it some how for their own usage.

Like I said earlier, everyone should sit tight and let this settle down and see what this actually does and does not do, if proven real, instead of rushing in too fast waiting for a disaster to happen. Current GW users ideally should not even look into it at all, yet I can understand those without and on newer firmware builds will be eager to try this out. Patience is the key people, sit and wait it out until solid proof and information is providedB-)

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heard K3DS for a long time, they are the first in single card project,
Now k3DS and sky3ds do the same work
K3ds never was a brand or company, it was a joke of someone from this board.
If it turns out to become a clone now, then only because someone wants to use the name, as it is an already known name, so they want to use that for their profit

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
10 games at a time and impossible to change? Why, does it have to write them to its permanent ROM chip or something?

I was assuming this would be a 1:1 cart clone that reads off the microSD instead of the onboard chip, without having to crack anything since it would be a perfect mimic of what genuine carts do. But with the ability to run 10 games at a time it would imply it's using some sort of user-interactive ROM selector/loader, which would be homebrew software. Since we assume that the ability to sign 3DS software hasn't been cracked, this shouldn't be possible. What's going on here?

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This sounds like a really shitty product. The only thing it has going for it is that it supports the latest firmware right now. When Nintendo blocks it, it'll lose that advantage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them