1. full-hopeness

full-hopeness Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Armenia
    sky3ds break hack any 3ds version until now and will bring lots of users for enjoying the 3ds games kingdom Dwtechz show.

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Gambia, The
    those prices are just random place holders

3. full-hopeness

full-hopeness Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Armenia
    same idea with you:) buy GW dwtechz.com for son recently

4. jmleolgq

jmleolgq Advanced Member
    Newcomer

China
    Rumor comes from my friends:

0. The card is designed & produced in China;
    1. The card will be release in next 1-2 week;
    2. The card's price will be 400-500CNY in China (65-80USD)

cearp likes this.
  5. Colinson

Colinson Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  6. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Gambia, The
    why is region locking or NON-region free a freaking feature?
    hell, while we are at it, you can let your cat play with the sky3ds cartridge, is that a feature, too?
    also, no homebrew! nice, another feature! :D
    no seriously, I don't want to talk badly about the card, it is just, that this is no feature, this is actually a bad thing... many people decide do buy flashcards exactly for region free, advertising NOT to have region free as a feature is just wrong XD
    but, whatever, at least they are mentioning, that they don't have region free, so nobody buys it for the wrong reason and ends up being disappointed by the product

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

you have too much faith in humanity......people don't read, they buy it now ask questions later, and cry for the rest of the year that they where scammed as "A" doesn't have feature "B"

8. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Gambia, The
    if it works as we understand right now, then it is basically copying or let's say pretending to be a real cartridge, meaning it copies its whole behaviour, including its region
    the cartridge doesn't lock the region, it only contains the region info, it is the 3DS system, that locks the region, not allowing to play any game with the wrong region info
    so in order to allow region free, you would need a software solution from withing your 3DS, like it is provided by Gateway & Co. via a software exploit
    this card uses hardware to disguise itself as a real cartridge, so it can't unlock regions
    that is ofc all based on how we understand how this thing works... it may turn out to be different in the end, but I would certainly not expect to see region free on it, so I would not advise to buy it, if you are getting it just for the region free

true that, true that :/

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

actuallly thinking about it iirc, smea said he *might* be able to get region free working with ssspwn......this region blocked card + ssspwn does in fact seem interesting assuming smea can indeed get region free working for ssspwn

same you would have to blindly choose your games though

10. ieatpixels

ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

Same responses over and over in this thread "$120 is too much", "gateway is better".
    1. the $120 price isn't real, it's a place holder, only 1 site has it listed for $120 while others have lower prices.
    2. yes obviously Gateway has more features, the main appeal for the SKY3DS is that it works with the 2DS, New 3DS, and New 3DS XL.

the New 3DS is less than a month away from release.

11. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    With a 10 game limit I hope theres an easy way to backup game saves and re-add them to the card if you ever want to play that game again.

it shouldn't be in the features list but it should be noted that its not region free.

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

*for austrailia

13. IpHOnELY

IpHOnELY Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    We can buy Sky3DS now ?

14. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    in reply to some guy who said anyone who can afford $120 for a flashcart might as well just buy the retail games they want...
    of course spending $120 on a cart is better than buying 20 games, say they are $20 each, = $400.

regardless of whether $120 is the price or not, if you are going to play more than 5 or 6 backups, it is worth it.
    cheapskates... :)

cvskid likes this.
  15. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Gambia, The
    just a guess, but saves would probably be stored on the internal SD card of the 3DS, so it wouldn't matter, if you format the micro SD inside the flashcard

edit: except ofc for card2 games, they store the save inside the rom

16. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

i am just wondering about
    its seems to imply that the maximum games "each" flashcard can play is 10 not "per SD".....of course it could just be a very poor translation job, but until these details are actually properly explained i would suggest people don't rush on board, like when people bought the ace3dspro with its single 3DS game

17. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    if it works basically the same as a retail cart then the 10 game limit might be due to how many saves it can hold in the built in save chip.

if this card does imitate a real game card then Nintendo wont be able to block it. that along with being able to update and leave wifi on without any issues are huge pluses and make this card better than the gateway, at least to me. if region free is a must for you then gateway is still the way to go.

18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

yeah i was thinking it could be something like that, but still i think people need to know exactly how its working before they buy it....like if they have the ability to wipe the saves after you finish with a game and play a different game or if its simply 10 games and its done thats the only 10 games the card will be able to play

19. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

United States
    More Info posted on the Sky3DS Homepage: (I should be studying at 4am but Im doing this shit:cry::hateit:)

20. octopus

octopus Custom Title

Somalia
    ninja’d :(

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - FlashCart, firmware, Sky3DS