Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That 3 carts comment made me LMAO too. I really don't care still. This cart will be perfect for my 8 year old. No chance of screwing anything up. I can stick with my GW and she will have a Sky3DS.

Reactions: Lucifer666

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless Gateway, or another cart manufacturer, can reverse and copy whatever method Sky3DS is using, this cart is going to sell like hotcakes regardless of how limited it is. Gateway had only single ROM loading and essentially no extra features at launch, and took a while for it to gain anything substantial, as well as being limited to consoles on an out of date firmware, and that still sold just fine.

That 3 carts comment made me LMAO too. I really don't care still. This cart will be perfect for my 8 year old. No chance of screwing anything up. I can stick with my GW and she will have a Sky3DS.
Unless Nintendo push an update that blocks it, which they almost certainly will. Then you're in the same boat you were before, but up to $120 short for it.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jesus christ guys, I mean anyone who's got $120 to blow on a flash cart wouldn't even need one in the first place, could probably just afford retail carts then

back in the day I had an Acekard2i with my DSi XL and as much as I loved those days I honestly had the worst case of pirate's syndrome (i.e. I was spoiled with so many games that I wouldn't actually get down to beating any)

now I don't have either of those and I'm living with a 3DS XL with retail carts only. believe me each game means so much more and lasts a lot longer.

the video's pretty cool though, but the fact that it's been reposted by K3DS is dodgy as hell

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the "PAL" 3DS games run at 60Hz? You are LMAO'ing at someone who is incorrect, let me LMAO at you!

giphy.gif

I'm so used to associating anything relating to Europe about gaming as PAL but yea your right... Your celebratory cookie will arrive via Fedex in 4-5 business days.

Akantr4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the best get rich quick idea ever. You can bet your ass Ninty will patch this on day one, maybe even before it's released since it's utilizing some sort of hardware exploit and not a software based one,.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the best get rich quick idea ever. You can bet your ass Ninty will patch this on day one, maybe even before it's released since it's utilizing some sort of hardware exploit and not a software based one,.

There's the thing though, it's not using an exploit so it's totally fool proof. Nintendo can't patch something which is digitally identical to a genuine game.

This is why it also has the restrictions of a real cart, i.e. region locking, no cheats, no home-brew, etc.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just continue to show your ignorance Twinkle. I can play any region game right now with gateway. They are not region locked because the game is different in any way other than the region they are released for. They are locked to being played on a console from the region they are released for. Again, not because they are different in any way other than the small bit of data saying it is only for a certain region. That small bit makes them only playable on their own region's consoles. Gateway spoofs the region check and makes it playable. It doesn't convert the rom on the fly into a different region. FDUH!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think thats more than enough. IMO is better than Gateway. The only thing that I dont like is that is Region-Lock.
Which mean they hay to release 3 Different Carts
besides the firmware compatibility and I guess "plug and play", how is it better?

TwinkleSparkles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just continue to show your ignorance Twinkle. I can play any region game right now with gateway. They are not region locked because the game is different in any way other than the region they are released for. They are locked to being played on a console from the region they are released for. Again, not because they are different in any way other than the small bit of data saying it is only for a certain region. That small bit makes them only playable on their own region's consoles. Gateway spoofs the region check and makes it playable. It doesn't convert the rom on the fly into a different region. FDUH!

Right!

Could you also tell me a little about why moon lights up at night?

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
besides the firmware compatibility and I guess "plug and play", how is it better?

Dont you see the AutoBots on the front sticker they're clearly on the good guy side. Your just blinded by Gateway and the government and... and... na that's pretty much it.:tpi: They should get Michael Bay to endorse their card because it's going to blow up in their customers faces if Nintendo can patch it immediately.

Akantr4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's the thing though, it's not using an exploit so it's totally fool proof. Nintendo can't patch something which is digitally identical to a genuine game.

This is why it also has the restrictions of a real cart, i.e. region locking, no cheats, no home-brew, etc.

You are assuming all his from just a video? Exploits can take place in the background and the 3DS was switched from the beginning which might not give the full picture. There is no proof it is identical to real cartridges and may only spoof it. Also this is Nintendo we are talking about, I don't think they are just let a flashcard run rampant on their latest firmware and not block it. Also there is no proof it is future proof as nintendo could implement hardware checks like Gateway does against clones.

Reactions: kyogre123

Criznittle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right!

Could you also tell me a little about why moon lights up at night?

We enjoy the light from the Sun during the day, and then the comforting glow of the Moon at night. But the light coming from the Moon is an illusion. As you know, you’re actually seeing the reflected light from the Sun, bouncing off the Moon which acts like a mirror. A really terrible mirror.

When astronauts walked on the surface, they reported that it was dark grey, the color of pavement. Because of its dark color and bumpy surface, it only reflects about 12% of the light that hits it. Additionally, the amount of light we get from the Moon depends on the point of its orbit.

During its first and last quarters, the Moon is half illuminated, but it’s only 8% as bright when it’s full. Just imagine the surface when its only partly illuminated. With the Sun at a steep angle, the mountains cast long shadows. This makes the lunar surface much darker than when it’s directly illuminated.

During the full Moon, it’s so bright that it obscures fainter objects in the night sky. Many astronomers put their telescopes away during this phase, and wait for it to go away. When the Moon is highly illuminated, it reflects so much light we can even see it during the day.

The brightness of the daytime sky completely washes out the light from the stars, but the Moon is even brighter, and so we can can see it in the sky during the day. The Moon follows an elliptical orbit around the Earth, changing its distance and brightness quite a bit. When it is at its closest point, and it’s full, this is known as a supermoon. This Moon can be 20% brighter than normal.

You’ve probably experienced how the Moon can cast shadows. In fact, there are three objects in the sky that can cast shadows. The Sun, of course, the Moon… and Venus.

Venus is the next brightest object in the sky, after the Moon. It reflects 65% of the sunlight that hits it. Every few months, Venus reaches its brightest time – that’s when you can see your shadow. On a night with no Moon, head far away from city lights. Let your eyes adjust and watch as your hand casts a shadow on a white piece of paper, illuminated only by Venus.

One last thought on reflected light.We talked about how bad a mirror the Moon is, reflecting only 12% of the light that hits it. That’s nothing. Saturn’s moon Enceladus, on the other hand, reflects about 99% of the light that falls on it. If astronauts ever get the chance to walk on the surface of Enceladus, it’ll feel like freshly fallen snow.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Gadorach and Pawed

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
assumptions never brought us something ,untill the fat lady sings nothing is over ,but from my point of view i would wait to see if this is real or vaporware i am in this boat from gameboy era and the bootleg carts ,for sure it seems interesting but for the price i wouldnt even glimpse to it ,and as people above me said imagine a new firmware update thats block it as nds cards.Anyway with no eshop and no cheat implentation as gateway soon i would stay to the team that offered me the grail.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG Criznittle, you ROCK dude. That is awesome! I needed a good chuckle. \

Back on topic though. I wouldn't doubt Nintendo will try to block it. They have been very aggressive about battling piracy in the last few years. I hope the manufacturer can find a way around it though. It was tit for tat for a few years near the end of the NDS flashcart game. It became way too easy and cheap for people to do what at one point was difficult and expensive. It began running rampant and that is, I think anyway, why Nintendo took notice and fought it so strongly at that point. I' sure it made a pretty significant dent in Nintendo's wallet. This will bring it to that point again. If everyone just starts using it to pirate everything and actually buy nothing then you can't really blame Nintendo for fighting it so passionately.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Dude, seriously, he was just joking on Vengancenou, as the PAL system has nothing to do with handhelds.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me personally, the simple fact that GW has hinted at a "proper" cheat code function is enough to keep me from jumping ship. Not to mention, until we have some solid proof that this a sure thing, GW is still king of the hill for 3DS flashcarts. I'm happy as a fly on crap that I chose a GW for my 3DS solution. It was well worth what I spent and any other features that they choose to add are icing on the cake. I still want one of these for the kid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok