Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not if it's a 1:1 card clone.
In which case only an updated design would help AFAIK.

It's not exactly a 1:1 card clone since it has multiRom support. If Nintendo is smart enough, they will perform a hardware check before loading a game and blacklist the hardware of this card. We already know a hardware check is possible, Gateway implemented this for the 3DS using their hack, being their card whitelisted in this check..

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It's not exactly a 1:1 card clone since it has multiRom support. If Nintendo is smart enough, they will perform a hardware check before loading a game and blacklist the hardware of this card. We already know a hardware check is possible, Gateway implemented this for the 3DS using their hack.

There will probably be a FPGA or something to make it looks exactly like a normal card. After all that's the whole point. Multi ROM doesn't matter since it's all handled card-side.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There will probably be a FPGA or something to make it looks exactly like a normal card.

Interesting point. If that's true, then it means that GW could imitate this, except that they would probably lack of MultiROM support due to the lack of the MT switch.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
The only thing on my mind (on the serious subject) is that how will Nintendo react to this, up till now they did not take any effort in banning GW users who play online and that could be cause they knew the amount of 4.1-4.5 3DS are limited in number, now they might think differently and take actions

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Interesting point. If that's true, then it means that GW could imitate this, except that they would probably lack of MultiROM support due to the lack of the MT switch.

inb4 "Eject mSD card to switch ROMs"

The only thing on my mind (on the serious subject) is that how will Nintendo react to this, up till now they did not take any effort in banning GW users who play online and that could be cause they knew the amount of 4.1-4.5 3DS are limited in number, now they might think differently and take actions
They will block this. This is more serious.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder if its actually possible for them to add in the whole -eject microsd for next game thing- if so id make a switch between a data pin or something also... "this just in Gateway becomes an imitator support the innovators nots the imitators eh gateway?"

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$120, not bad providing that it does what they say and is dependable. I gave $84 for my X-rom back in 2006. This is a true alternative for those that wasn't told about a usable 4.5 exploit till like 2 months after 5.0 was out. I can't wait to play some 3DS Super Robot Wars. :yaysp:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i wonder if its actually possible for them to add in the whole -eject microsd for next game thing- if so id make a switch between a data pin or something also... "this just in Gateway becomes an imitator support the innovators nots the imitators eh gateway?"

well if they did go go down that route they could in the very least make it non multirom one game per SD like the good old days

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
$120, not bad providing that it does what they say and is dependable. I gave $84 for my X-rom back in 2006. This is a true alternative for those that wasn't told about a usable 4.5 exploit till like 2 months after 5.0 was out. I can't wait to play some 3DS Super Robot Wars. :yaysp:
Assuming it has region free and whatnot.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if they did go go down that route they could in the very least make it non multirom one game per SD like the good old days
eh honestly i think if gateway does go this route then it will be with a new flashcart that they release...what would be a crazy plot twister would be that this is actually the gateway team and this is their new cart and that MT card clones the shit out of this with their current hardware =P as they DO have a button

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it turns out to be real, then nice. I assume it will be region locked still? Emulating a card (If this is working similar to drive emulators for other stuff), won't be enough to break it, but still nice for those over 4.5.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If it turns out to be real, then nice. I assume it will be region locked still? Emulating a card (If this is working similar to drive emulators for other stuff), won't be enough to break it, but still nice for those over 4.5.

Exactly. It is completely useless for people who can already use a 3DS flashcard with their 3DS.

Reactions: Blueie

Colinson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder when r4depot.com will add SKY3DS to their shop? Will go nicely with their evo3ds and k3ds product pages LOL

Wow, i just search and notice that r4depot site has added this new card to their product page, but no price, so is it on sale?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wow, i just search and notice that r4depot site has added this new card to their product page, but no price, so is it on sale?

loads of resellers put stuff up as soon as there is even a rumor to build google search results....so *if* it is real they are top of the search results when its released.......it also means they put a load of fake crap up too

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP

I would take r4depot.com posting this product on their site with a grain of salt. Considering they have advertised 2 fake 3DS flash cards in the past!

Another website is quoting 120 dollars. Can't see how these vendors know the juicy details just yet considering the who.is report of sky3ds.com says the domain was registered only a few days ago.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone satisfy my curiosity, where is this sky3ds team from? China, Vietnam maybe?

I mean, we heard nothing about them ( not even a slightest clue of higher FWs getting hacked) and now this- bang!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda actually hope it's real cuz then MT and GW could incorporate it into their design which would blow the 3ds flashcard scene open. R4i would release NEW R4i SUPER ULTRA MEGA DELUXE XXL ALPHA OMEGA EDITION - Mark IV + ramble pak (also includes christmas packaging).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1