Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For me, it is pretty obvious that this guy is once again behind this scam, as it seems to be completely his interest to keep this counterproductive thread open.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Exactly! Alot of these members are too young to remember those days. Not only were the carts expensive but you also had to have some basic coding skills, or know someone else that did, just to be able to use them. The latter days of NDS flashkits spoiled everyone.

I spent $85 on my EZ-FLASH III 256Mb (32MB) dev kit back in 2004, and THAT to me felt expensive, but it was the only high-end flash cart that had everything I needed for running roms, and homebrew like Goomba, SMSAdvance, Another World (port to GBA), Amiga demos, etc, and had an actual RTC. The RTC was the main thing it touted, along with a full sized 32MB NOR and 128MB of EZ-Disk space for roms, pics, etc.

Nowadays the EZ-FLASH IV (FAT cart) can do it all but the RTC. It does seem like a step backwards not to include the RTC, but it does keep the price down a fair bit.

Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

Agreed. Let's close this thread and in 1-2 weeks when this supposed FAKE flashcard is released, then it can be reopened when someone gets their hands on it FOR REAL (unlikely though)

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
But if you guys close this how we will get updates about this? How we will know if its fake or not?

Gateway need competition. If this is real IMO for those that only care about Roms(The majority) this is better than Gateway. It(As they claim) can even be used on the New 3DS and on the Latest FW.

We want to find out if its real or not.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But if you guys close this how we will get updates about this? How we will know if its fake or not?

Gateway need competition. If this is real IMO for those that only care about Roms(The majority) this is better than Gateway. It(As they claim) can even be used on the New 3DS and on the Latest FW.

well nobody will find out for 2-4 weeks anyway, they claim they have only just started production....minimum time for it to get into someones hand would be 2 weeks......once a reviewer gets it they can post and confirm its real and everyone is happy, back to discussing its features etc

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You'll most likely find an update through me. I sent an email or two out to the team requesting a review unit and for more information on the cartridge - like I said a couple days ago, if more information is heard of, you guys will be the first to know. In the meantime though, this thread is going almost nowhere.

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How about we leave the moderating to the mods? If the thread was to be closed, new ones would come up in a matter of minutes. This has been the case already with this thread and the ones merged to it.

As for the cart, let's wait and see. Locking the thread because you feel it's fake would have resulted in gateway threads being locked before its release.

Also keep it civil, people. If you disagree with someone, be my guest. Flaming and name calling will result into nothing else except a bunch of bad atmosphere and probably a few warns here and there.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's no sense in getting hyped over something that we're not even sure is real. If this actually does get released, we'll definitely hear about it. Thread locked until we get solid confirmation of its existence.

*EDIT*
You know what? I just went ahead and changed the title of the thread to say [UNCONFIRMED].

Reopening this thread, have at it!
As for the cart, let's wait and see. Locking the thread because you feel it's fake would have resulted in gateway threads being locked before its release.

Also keep it civil, people. If you disagree with someone, be my guest. Flaming and name calling will result into nothing else except a bunch of bad atmosphere and probably a few warns here and there.
What Qtis said.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Q: What's that mean - "ten 3DS games maximum for each flashcard"?
A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, you do need more SKY3DS cards if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, you do need more SKY3DS cards if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

Your avatar resumes your reaction to the text you quoted :)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
FAQ

Q: I have a new 3ds with the firmware 9.1.0-20J version. your new flashcard can work on this version or not?
A: Yes, Sky3DS card can support the newest 3DS V9.1.0-20J version.

Q: Does the sky3ds support all of the 3DS games? can this flashcart work on NEW 3ds?
A: Yes, It can play all of 3DS games, and support the New 3DS console.

Q: Can this flashcart play 3ds game online ? ex : pokemon and doing a wonder trade or battle with people online.
A: Yes, Sky3DS card can play 3DS game online as a genuine gamepad did, can also save,load,edit etc....

Q: Does it require special thing to do first before using SKY3DS?
A: Don't need to do any special thing, just drag and drop the downloaded ROMs in MicroSD card by the Disktool we provided, and enjoy it.

Q: Does the sky3ds have emunand? Also will there be a region unlock? So I can play games on my EU 3DS from Japan or US?
A: No, don't need any emunand at all, it can support any 3DS system version even the newest V9.1.0-20J version. Because it's region locking like a real gamepad, you can't play US or JP's games on your EU 3DS console.

Q: Does saving work on games like Animal Crossing, Pokemon X and Y,also does this allow cheats and homebrew?
Yes,you can save, reload, edit on any 3DS games as a genuine gamepad did. Sorry, no cheats, no homebrew at the moment.

Q: I want to know when this card will be in sale and where to buy it?
A: We will release our SKY3DS card within 1~2 weeks, you can buy it from one of our resellers online.

Your avatar resumes your reaction to the text you quoted :)

lol you can say that yes :)

Reactions: Deleted User

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just waiting for one of Temp's reviewers to get in contact with this team and does a review on the card. I have always trusted this site no to steer me wrong.

Reactions: Huntereb

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
So of you put ten games on and want a different ten games you need a new 3ds card? That can't be right surely

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
So of you put ten games on and want a different ten games you need a new 3ds card? That can't be right surely

Indeed!
I mean, something like this: format your SD card one time (using their program) and once it reaches 10 ROMs the SD is "locked" for write again.

I looks like a bad translation.

Reactions: Huntereb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, it seems that dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, they might be going...