New: 1366 - Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Expert 3 (J)

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the beginning I was confused about the Deck Editor but I just cleared all 3 Decks and put the best 40 cards together in 1 and now the game is fun.

Start collecting and beating the crap out of all
wink.gif
!!

Stryk3r

Trophies
XP
Country
how do u clear all 3 decks? any codes for cards (gameshark or codebreaker coz u cant put normal codes in more than once)? i'm trying to put together my RL deck into the game

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep very slow...I was mashing about the buttons on VBA and occasionally it did seem to play a little faster...hmm dunno maybe just me, meh.

I don't really like playing on VBA though so I'll have to put it on hardware and give it a good playing thought tomorrow.
Nice of it to truncate down to about 12.3MB BTW.

smile.gif

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To speed up the game try to press L and R buttons and hold them. But it is hard to play like this.
That's the "Speed" Feature. It is not on L or R for everyone just ckeck YOUR button Config.

But the best way is really to go to the emulation menu and DEACTIVATE the Speed up Toggle. Then it will run at max (CPU) speed which is in my case (with some programs open) ca. 150% of the normal game speed so optimal conditions
wink.gif
!!

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, clearing your decks is pointless, unless you are creating a new deck (say, you have a beatdown deck but now want an exodia deck and a discard deck, and you want to be able to easily switch between them). El Bastardo said that he cleared all three decks and used the best 40 cards from the three, but this doesn't make sense.

here's what i mean: let's say you started with no blue-eyes white dragons. you just opened a booster pack in the game and got one. now, you can put it into all three of your decks at the same time, even though you only have one actual card.

if you had real cards, think of it as having all your cards in a binder, then constructing your deck from those cards. you then write down what cards are in that deck. when you switch decks, you pull apart your old deck, put the cards back in your binder, and make a new one from your binder. you write down what cards are in this deck too. when you switch back to the old deck, you pull apart the new deck and reconstruct the old deck from the list you made.

the three deck system simply automates that process for you, so you can have three 'card lists' that you can easily switch between. so, you aren't "freeing up" cards for use in other decks if you clear a deck.

obake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^
That game is Yu-Gi-Oh! - Sugoroku no Sugoroku. "Sugoroku," according to an online dictionary, is Japanese for "a children's dice game," but if my memory serves me correctly, it's also the name of Yugi's grandfather in the Japanese version of the manga/anime/game.

I'm thinking that game is some sort of dice game, but might not be the same as Dungeon Dice.

Just speculation, but maybe a board game-esque game ala Mario Party?

S

ShadowsCP

Adjusting the throttle's the best way to speed up the game. Is this YWC2004? I thought that wasn't going to be for another week or so. The deck editor was confusing at first, but it's pretty good once you figure it out. Kajitani-Eizan pretty much summed up the three deck system. If you guys didn't know, you can press select at the main menu to switch which deck you're going to play with. So, you can go from a beatdown deck to a Destiny Board deck with the push of a button.

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
It'll basically be the same thing, but then again whatever floats your boat.

FYI, there were booster packs that you had to unlock in WWE after a number of battles. I also noticed that the booster packs they start you off with are apparantly weak. ??? I always knew the Black Luster Soldier pack to have some of the strongest if not the strongest group of ritual monsters in the game, but the Red Eyes pack has some really weak monsters which is really strange when you compare it to previous titles. It took about 30 battles to unlock some of these packs in previous titles and in EX3 it's already there? Ok I don't mind at all, makes my deck even stronger from the start.

I've got to explore this game some more though. The only thing I can hope for WC2004 is that the speed is fixed as well as the AI.

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i really think that this IS WC2004. in fact this rom was also supposed to be released next week. it's an early dump, so i really don't think konami will go to the trouble of making a multi-language without selling it a few times over.
smile.gif

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Within that week they could've done some serious fixes. I wonder what was going through their heads at the time they were testing this and agreed to keep the speed at a bogged down level? They went from good (WWE) to worse (sacred careds) to acceptable (EX3). I'm confused about their actions.

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm? sacred cards was one of the fastest (at least, it was when i played DM7, the jap version). DM8 (jap again) was the worst if you ask me... until now (DM9).

again, if they combined the looks/engine of DM7 and the rules/cards/etc of DM9, i would say the resulting game would be much more fun than any previous DM game.

also, DM9 has no dialogue... what's up with that? DM6/WWE/DMI was much more enjoyable because of the dialogue and moving around and what not...

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
To me, teh AI is IMPROVED. Yugi's grandpa actually actually had a pretty tricky Exodia deck: I won by pure luck *Heavy Stormed his Backup Soldier, I KNEW he was playing Exodia Pieces on Purpous...*

And Yugi was pretty tricky too, and Tea's LP Recovery stragety is pretty good for an AI too. I like the game, but it's just a tad slow. Playable, but slow:
I agree, with me the Ai is better than Wwe, which I had always quite an easy time. Yugi was pretty difficult to beat, I wonder if there's an even better Yami around... not to mention Sugoroku (
ph34r.gif
teh grandpa). Tea is ok with the energy deck, just a bit annoying (attaching 2~3 of these monsters who give half the attack +points per turn), the real annoying one was Bakura, he like put all the magic slots on that one monster who wins the boost +500Atk PER CARD, he had a 6000+ thingie in a blink, lucky me I had a way to stop it, but he keept powering it up and I was like "how the hell I am supposed to beat that??"...

Will people really make a speed patch? The only reason I still stand it is because of the music, it's WAAAAAYY better than the other Yugioh games, Sacred Cards had a good music too, but this one's better
laugh.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^^
That game is Yu-Gi-Oh! - Sugoroku no Sugoroku. "Sugoroku," according to an online dictionary, is Japanese for "a children's dice game," but if my memory serves me correctly, it's also the name of Yugi's grandfather in the Japanese version of the manga/anime/game.

I'm thinking that game is some sort of dice game, but might not be the same as Dungeon Dice.

Just speculation, but maybe a board game-esque game ala Mario Party?
Ah, that would explain the title then. I knew one of the words was a name and it's Yuugi's grandfather's name. That means it translates to "Sugoroku's Board Game"
tongue.gif
The game will be a mix of Expert 3 and a board game. Voila.

Hmmm... Maybe I should update my Upcoming J-Releases post then.

And yes, it's the Japanese release of WC2004 except it as a rare English language option
smile.gif

- Edit -

Site for the other upcoming "Yu Gi Oh: Sugoroku's Board Game":
http://www.konamijpn.com/products/yugioh_sugoroku/

Stryk3r

Trophies
XP
Country
kc, yes. but it's in english too.Â
tongue.gif

axkiller, i meant this game. which is not out, and doesn't look like dungeon dice monsters:
http://gameonline.jp/soft/gba/yugiousugoro...date=2004-01-24

BTW, is it me, or are there no passwords for putting your own cards into the game this time?
lol i just looked at the screenshots and it looks like monopoly to me
blink.gif
the whole L and R thing works but it is a hassle holding it down all the time playing with frame skip 4 helps a bit but i'm hoping that YWC is gonna be much better, IMO the deck editing is not so good, the card pictures are behind all the info, i kinda want to be able to see a card and say "hey that looks interesting" and see what effects it has

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo