New : 1332 - Astro Boy Tetsuwan Atom (J)

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"anyway anyone notice that the music are really similiar to those of mischief maker? (also know in japan as trouble maker) "

That would probably be due to it being made by the same company, eh? Possibly even the same composer....

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea what the "Sensor" stat does? Does it change reactions to people when you talk to them or something?

LiQuid!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a clue about sensor, I was wondering the same thing.

Anyhow, I'm stuck on a boss, did anyone get passed the one with the girl that runs around dropping bombs? There are like 4 or 5 flashing boxes and I hit them all but they flash again, so I'm not sure what to do. When I hit her she just runs away.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only three flashing boxes...one on top, one in the middle, one at the bottom. The room scrolls, though, so it gets REALLY confusing.

That's the fight with Dekao....you have to run after her as fast as you can (avoiding her timebombs) and try and do some damage to her (preferably with a full punch combo or the R trigger/Laser EX skill) - as soon as you stop hitting her/end your combo, she does a little dance and turns invisible, keeping you from hitting her (I think). That may wear off over time, but what you're supposed to do (I believe) is hit each of the flashing reactors or whatever, and she'll become visible again.

She also seems to become visible if you use the L trigger/Machine Gun EX skill, as long as she's on the same screen (the only way to tell with this is to watch for her to drop a fresh bomb).

Basically, beat on her while she's visible, take a breather while she turns invisible, then do whatever you can to make her visible again.....repeat until she finally bites it.

I'm currently trying to figure out what the hell is up with the character/new game system....I was going through my game again, trying to figure out what was new, and not much seemed to be (a few extra convos here and there, some hidden characters I hadn't gotten before).....but then I got to the mission where you're in Antartica (I think), and instead of that twit Rug being in charge, it was Rock/Deadcross, and there was a Black Look with him! (as well as Lamp, but Lamp gets around, you know?)

Boggles the mind...

Vizenzo

Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
Yes really this game rocks friends
biggrin.gif
go for it

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argh....I'm a doofus.....it's not the actual machine gun EX power (or skill or magic or jam or whatever) in the fight on Dekao, but the fact that it hits the whole screen. Apparently, you need to hit one of those 'reactor' things no matter what, but as the fight goes on, the number you have to take out increases, from one to three.

I thought it was the machine gun doing it, but it was the fact that the machine gun was hitting the nearest reactor.....heh.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and if anyone cares...

Run this webpage through this translator and you should get a half-decent translation (use the second option in the drop-down box under URL).

You can also try this link, although there's no promise it will work.

Noticed Black Jack is in the game - hooray! He's my favorite Tezuka character, by far...now if only I can find him!

Still haven't a bloody clue what sensor does, though.....

Electro

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome game.
EVERYONE play this on HARD mode, that's where the real challenge/strategy is. "Normal" mode is WAY too easy. (30 supers? give me a break!)

Anyways, what does "Sensor" do?
Also, after finishing the game twice, some extra "levels" appear in the stage selection screen. When I enter them, astroboy says something, looks sad, and goes back to the selection screen.

weird.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard mode? Ehh, I thought there was only two.....maybe hard appears after you beat the game once or something? I played through on easy first, by accident.....blargh. I usually try to play through on Normal or Hard, depending on the game.....

The 'extra stages' require you to have met some other characters/unlocked later stages, or something....for example, stage 0-5 or whatever is Dr. Tenma's house (I think). For the first few levels, nothing happens, but after you go through time or whatever, he shows up, and you can get his 'icon' (and upgrade bonus)....

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i think he meant the harder of the two modes?

anyway, i think the sensor increases atmo's well, sensors. remember the scene where he could only see a little bit in front of him? when you clear that scene, it tells you that you could up your sensor to see further. so i think it means "sensors" other than his visual sensors.

also for dekao. i went around clobbering the generators (?) and just ran after him. you're allowed to hit dekao only once each time before she fades out again, so i always do the punch, laser, super combo. still took a while though.

L

lastdual

At last....I've managed to stop playing long enough to post.

This game is just amazing. Coming from Treasure, I had a feeling we were in for something good. Astro Boy has to be the most intense game on the GBA by far, and a nice departure from all the Strategy games that I've been playing lately....

*yay*

Electro

Trophies
XP
Country
Yay.. beat the game in hard mode
smile.gif

it doesn't only affect your supers, enemies/bosses are wayyyy harder as well. But hell, I can't get enough of this game!! I wish it wasn't so short.. they should've made levels longer and with more waves of whacky enemies of all sizes!

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you opened all the hidden levels, and have a full character board?

1'm mising 13 characters (9,16,19,20,25,26,27,38,39,40,41,42,44) plus some of them are grey, some of them have question marks and some of them exclamation marks... I can't figure out how to trigger 0-3 (I've opened up 01, 02, 04, and 05), and I read on Gamefaqs that you can open up World 8, or something...

Anyone have any clue if it's true or not?

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
luse, so this is why you haven't been posting that much these days.....
smile.gif

SMT and astro boy must be sucking your time away.

you're way ahead of me on this. i'm still trying to beat the game on hard mode.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a quick character guide....but I won't do most of it until tomorrow. Here's 16:

16. Jetter Mars
*At the start of stage 3-1, jump and jet as high
up as possible, then smash the second topmost
block in the 'wall'. You need Jet level 1 or better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you