Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This game is great!
smile.gif
Impressive frame rate too, and nice controls!

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was merely trying to remind you of the rules
Why, was I breaking them?

You seem to imply that I'm incompetent and show stupidity, obviously not an observation concluded from the structure and content of my posts but more likely from my inferior post count. Well regardless, one things for sure you should at least read the post through to some sense of understanding before you jump to conclusions.

Anyway not being one who likes feeling responsible for threads becoming locked; on the topic at hand I still prefer V-Rally 3, the visuals, presentation and gameplay are by far superior even if the cars are sprites unlike Top Gear Rally.
smile.gif
I was just trying to be nice, so you would not get in trouble by asking for a link. Your first quote seemed niave and it appeared to me that you were fairly new posting here. I have never before dealt with you and was trying to give a gesture of good will.

MarcosDJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, ive played the game on the SP now.
Some points:

1. Impressive graphics, i didnt notice any problems in frame rate, and collision is pretty good. Its also impressive that they managed to put other cars on screen at the same time, Its a shame that only the player's car is polygonal, as the opponents have sprite cars. The cars' wheels dont rotate all that much, They should rotate as much as the cars in Colin McRae. Small niggles.
First time i got into a race it had a good feel to it, graphics wise. Nice rain effect, good sense of speed, not incredibly fast, but thats good, I'd rather have more realistic steady speed than stupid over the top turbo speed (Sega Rally).

2. No replay? I think it would have been a neat feature on such a good looking racer.

Now to the very bad stuff.

It uses the same driving system as V-Rally, which is bad. Its fake. For those that have noticed, V-Rally (and Top Gear) dont actually let you 'drive' the car, you actually drive the camera. Which is why the first person (cockpit) view feels more realistic.

If you want to try this for yourself, go into time trial mode on top gear and drive steady while switching between car and cockpit view, you will notice that the camera stays the same, the car just pops up.

Another way to feel it is to drive around in 3rd person view (outside car view) and pretend the car is not there, just pay attention to the track, especially if you look just under the car, when you steer, you are actually pointing the camera where to go.

That is really disappointing for me,especially after games like Colin McRae that have true driving game engines, where all the wheels rotate and the wheels decide where the car goes.

jaspermid

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
looks good but did anyone check the screeies at rayllight studios racer ???? there great better than this that shooter og theres also klooks great

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's better than nothing at least and you don't need to understad the language in order to play it.

WAHOO!!!

|{urt}{ecti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great Racing Game! Played it a bit and like it a lot.
Graphics are really smooth and i also think its an updated V-Rally 3 Engine - now the cars are in real 3D, too!
(in V-Rally 3 the cars were "3D"-Sprites). It's a pity they didn't include a Cockpit View like in VR3 - there are "only" 2 Camera Views in TGR (switch through them like in VR3 by pressing "Select").
Despite of these little critics it's a really good Racing Game for the GBA, IMO.

MarcosDJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just spotted 2 other things.

1. There are reflections on the windows, at first i thought they were static, but if you watch them the cloud reflections move (only when moving)

2. the suspension on the car is really neat, it has good body roll and tilts nicely when accelerating. Shame the car isnt actually on the track
mad.gif
, why couldnt they just do that right.

Dyne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can the gba make more hi res textures or woul dthat kill frame rate?
This game game looks so much better than a game like crazy taxi.
Or 256mbit and more levels same kind of textures as now.

MarcosDJ

Trophies
XP
Country
The frame starts chopping slightly on the races, where you have opponents. But its very smooth on time trial etc.

Im happy with the graphics, id love to see a game that improves on the physics.

Any idea on the Europe/USA release?

I suggest everyone to try this game out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: